[pnpgm] What to do?

SERGI SALLENT igresigres at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 12:00:05 CEST 2005

[Jordi - Trading test]

         [Jordi gives the dialogue above.  Enoz
listens and then
          looks around the tipi.  Rohm leans over and
whispers
          to Enoz in hushed tones.  With the crackle
of the fire
          pit its hard to hear but some words in
Zen'da are heard
          like "Caladan" "stranger" "trust" "time".
Jordi
          senses a sense of relief from Enoz as she
talks.  Enoz
          looks to Jolcz and to Jordi.  Then nods.]
         Enoz: "Besides family and life?  Right now my
most precious
           gift is --" [He points to jolcz, he nods to
her] "this."
         [Jolcz leans back and grabs a heavy sack.
>From it she pulls
          out something.  In the light it gleams.  Its
a small wooden
          statue the size of a fist.  It is that of a
eagle.  the eyes
          sparkle with ...ruby gems?  Or maybe fake
glass.  hard to
tell.
          The eagle is perched on some "rock" or tree.
 Its wings are
          half out and half spread. The small statue
is very artistic
          and delicate.  It stands a fist high and a
fist wide.  In
          some cultures it might not be worth much but
Jordi can tell
          it must've took months to carve based on the
way the wings
          are so delicate showing the fine curves and
edges of veins.
          To a collector it might be priceless.  To a
common merchant
          maybe nothing.  Jolcz holds it in her palms
and out to
          show Jordi.]
         Enoz: "I am not a normal Zen'da.  I'm a
craftsman.  I carve
           things from wood and stone.  Why do you
think I live away
           from the village?" [Rohm bows her head in
what seems shame
           to Jordi] "We do wasteful things to them.
This right
           now is my most precious art work.  To you a
world traveller
           it might be worthless.  To me its
priceless.  Now.  Again
           i ask.  Why and who is this for?"
         GM: Actions? Comments?

“Well, it’s a long story.  And not a nice one.   A
year ago, I was captured by Clyman pirates.    They
held me captive in a fortress.   Caladan –and others-
rescued me.  Together, we attacked a clyman fortress,
where clyman priesstess were trying to do some nasty
rituals, and had some evil artifacts built.   We
attacked them, and we won the combat.  We freed a lot
of captives, and we destroyed the evil artifacts.   We
left the island, and we arrived to Marentia.  Some of
the party settled in Marentia; others, like me,
returned to our homes.   However, we all meet in
Marentia from time to time.   In one of these
meetings, Caladan asked us for help.  He had learned
his tribe has problems from a merchant, and he wanted
to return home to help.  We travelled with him,
confident that we will be able to help him and his
tribe.
After a long trip, we arrived yesterday to the camp of
Caladan’s tribe.   After eating, the shaman Cetric
offered us a ceremonial drink.   He poisoned us

-Jordi points to the warrior that comes with him-
 if
he is honest, he will say I’m not lying.   Cetric
insulted Caladan, and asked us to take trials.   I
don’t know why I accepted to take the test, because I
think I don’t want to remain in this lands, I think I
don’t want to help a tribe that has broken the sacred
laws of hospitality
 perhaps I just want to help
Caladan.
Cetric’s test is this:  I must obtain your most
precious gift.   It’s a trade test.  I don’t want to
harm you or your people; even for Caladan I won’t do
it.  Much less for Cetric.
I think I can pass the test easily, if you have a
minimum trust in me.   I can’t buy it, because nothing
in the earth can buy a soul, and part of your soul is
in your work; a merchant won't pay a lot for it, but
for true lovers of beauty, it's a masterwork;  but you
can keep the two extra horses I have, I can return to
Cetric’s tribe with your gift, and after showing
everybody I have obtained your most precious gift, I
will return with it, and I will return it to you.
But the problem is that I don’t know if I want to pass
the test.  I can't hear the voice of my hear, because
hate for Cetric deafness me to any other sound.  What
do you suggest? Because you are a wise man, and I need
advice.”

    Jordi/Sergi