[pnpgm] Jordi test

SERGI SALLENT igresigres at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 11:29:37 CEST 2005

     Note:  Jordi knew the poison had made its effect
and is fully absorbed in his body; he expelled
everything he had eaten & drunk in the village for a
more emotional, visceral reaction than for a practical
reason.  Also, the warrior will explain it in the
tribe, and the intelligent ones will guess the reason.

     Jordi decides that it's important not only to
complete the test, but also to do it in an exemplar
way.  So, when the woman appears, he begins to talk
before the warrior that is watching him can say a
word:

     "Good night -Jordi dismounts- my name is Jordi.
Excuse me for disturbing you in the middle of the
night. (OOC: If I remember correctly, that was the
time when Jordi left the village, and only 25 minutes
have elapsed.)  I'm an elf, and I live in a far place
called the Wild Forest, in the west. (OOC: Jordi
speaks a lot, just to calm the people in the tipi;
someone who speaks a lot won't attack you).  May I ask
for your hospitality? I'm sorry, I'm not fully aware
of your laws or traditions, and I don't know if it's
the correct way of asking for it".
     (OOC: In fact, I imagine Ben'dar and Caladan have
explained some things about their people, and I
imagine that the correct way of asking for hospitality
is one of them).
     After being granted hospitality, Jordi will sit
with the members of the family -I guess they are
family-, and will explain some stories of his people,
the kind of stories that Ben'dar found more
interesting when Jordi explained them.  And, of
course, speaking about Ben'dar and Caladan, and his
brave deeds, is mandatory.
     As the leading member of the family is old (for
human standards), Jordi will proceed with caution,
slowly; he knows old people of all cultures value
taking his time for thinking and for knowing the
person with which they are speaking.
     Of course, Jordi uses his innate empathic ability
to discover what the leader of the family (and the
rest of the family) thinks/feel.  He will only act
when he feels they don't look him with hostility.
Cetric said nothing about time, so he will use all the
time he needs.
     (When Jordi feels the situation is favorable, he
will begin with something like that):
     "I don't know a lot about your people or your way
of life.  For example, what is your most valuable
possession? What do you value above the rest of your
belongings?".
     After hearing the answer, Jordi will explain what
the most valuable possessions of an elf are (usually),
and will continue:
     "Is there any difference for your between
possession and gift?" (OOC: Cetric asked to "obtain
the most precious gift", not possession; perhaps a
minor mistake, perhaps a trap; Jordi is very cautious
with someone as Cetric...)
     If there is, Jordi will ask:
     "And what is then your most precious gift?"

                                       Sergi/Jordi

OOC: I will continue when I know what happens... Jordi
is acting very slowly and very cautiously, because he
thinks there is a hidden trap in the test...