[pnpgm] Game update #42 - File #170 - The Tests continue...

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Sat Oct 1 00:54:48 CEST 2005

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #42 in sequence (file #170]

     Admin notes: Yeah yeah.  I know.  Why am I late? Hurricane? Yes
     and No.  In fact its multiple reasons.  Hurricane excuse - Since
     Nasa had to close up some operations in Houston and I had worked
     as a programmer for NASA in the past they hired me to do some
     systems work for them in their satelite (not the birds but the
     satelite being like sister cities) offices here in town.  So
     spent time there.  Second I'm on vacation so did other stuff.
     Third my dog ate my homework!  But hopefully things should
     be back on track.  If your ever concerned about hurricanes just
     make a note where I am.  I'm in Jacksonville, Florida.  Find
     Florida.  Find the extreme North East corner and that's me.  Thus
     we rather get any direct hits from gulf or south florida storms.

        From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
          Jordi simply will take his equipment, his horse, and will
          take two of the horses the party captured from the outcasts
          some days ago.

          If some member of the tribe tries to avoid that he takes the
          horses, he will say in his best Zen'da: "Of course, sir! Once
          you have demostrated to be dishonourable and a poisoner,
          stealing is just a very minor adition to the list!"
          He bets he will be able to make a good deal with the two
          horses (well, he hopes to do it with one), and if necessary
          he has his personal belongings.

          Once out of the campament, Jordi will look for clear,
          Drinkable water (the river?) and then will put his fingers
          into his mouth, to expel everything he had eaten from the
          tribe; then, he will clean his mouth, and will continue to
          the test.

          He doesn't want to have anything to do with the tribe, or any
          of its members (except Caladan, of course); and that includes
          food and water.
        GM: Ack.  Just a note though.  There is no stream and the river
          the big river is at least 100 miles away.  Theres the well
          in the village.  But the poison is already done so its in
          the system and likely can't be expelled.  But you'd guess
          it has done its purpose.

        from Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          As Cetric explains the various challenges, Ben'Dar remains
          unemotional and unmoved by it all.  He studies the crowd,
          his gaze moving over the faces of the tribe, making note
          of those who appear to be in support of Cetric's antics and
          also those who appear not to be.  He realizes that Cetric
          is trying to get under their skin, to provoke them to do
          something foolish to turn the whole tribe against them.

          Ben'Dar carefully avoids giving Cetric any satisfaction.
          He pretends indifference to the entire affair, nodding to
          those warriors with whom he joked and laughed last night,
          if any will meet his gaze.  He seeks out the eyes of several
          of the fair maidens who he saw the previous evening and
          subtley winks at them.  When Cetric speaks to him, Ben'Dar
          does not give any indication that he hears Cetric and even
          recognizes the man's presence.

          When he hears that he is to engage in a horse race against
          three other warriors, Ben'Dar's stoicism fades into a big
          smile that he cannot hide.  He even chuckles out loud, though
          he will ignore Cetric entirely if he questions him about it.
          This was Ben'Dar's favorite game when he was growing up among
          the Fel'oros!  He has practiced this type of challenge many,
          many times, though always in sport with his friends.  (Of
          course that doesn't mean he's necessarily any good at it!  I
          guess we'll see shortly...)

          Ben'Dar will, of course, ride Tef'wo.  There is never any
          consideration of taking any other horse in his mind.  He
          will carefully observe the other 3 warriors against whom he
          is going to race, sizing up their strengths and weaknesses
          as they get on their horses and as they move around on their
          mounts in preparation of the race.  He carefully watches to
          see what weapons they have, if any.

          Ben'Dar strips down all his gear that will not be needed for
          this race, trying to lighten Tef'wo's load as much as
          possible.  He will remove the huge horse's leather armor and
          the saddlebags.  He'll also remove his own dragon armor,
          donning instead the lighter leather armor.  He keeps his
          dagger in his boot and his trusty spear in the leather straps
          at Tef'wo's side.  He also takes his whip, coiled  and
          strapped securely to his saddle.  He leaves behind his
          bow/arrows and his pike.

          In his days of sport racing among his own tribe, he never
          carried weapons.  He assumes that this will be a clean
          race, but he is prepared in case it's not...

          He will chat in a friendly manner with the three whom he is
          going to race, continuing on the friendly banter from the
          night before as if nothing has changed between them.  As
          indeed, it hasn't.  Ben'Dar feels no ill-will to any but
          Cetric.  He knows all the rest were simply following the
          orders of their shaman, who was the acting leader of the
          tribe at the time.  Ben'Dar probably would have done the
          same were he a common warrior of the tribe in their place.
        GM:  Ack. Thanks.

     Octaqi 15, in the 163rd Year [TH]
       Location: River Sch (E) Riverbank, Zen'da Plains, 306 Miles
         North of Asichi City, Heading East from River

       [The tests begin...]

       [Xian - Well Test]

         [As the well hatch is closed darkness envelops Xian.  As
          a kid he was always scared of some bugs.  Being chased
          by his brother Timon made him scared.  But as he got
          a bit older that went away in degress.  Topside, the
          crowd talks among themselves.]
         Cetric: "We actually use this test for young warriors who
           are afraid to get down and dirty while stalking prey.
           Many complain of snakes or bugs.  As I recall you never
           went into the well right, Sundancer?"
         Caladan: "I did not.  Theres better tests of bravery out
           there.  Anyone can overcome fear of creatures.  Its the
           actual fight in battle.  The williness to approach a
           scary threat or enemy which is the true test of courage."
         [Cetric looks at the hourglass time piece obtained from some
          old trader long ago.  It quickly runs out.  Cetric motions
          for the hatch to be removed in what seems to be a minute
          maybe two.  As the hatch is removed light fills the well.
          The warriors begin to haul the rope up but find its lose
          and comes up quickly.  Caladan leans over and looks down.]
         Xian: "Oh sorry.  Was having fun down here.  I let go of
           the rope.  Lower it back down."
         [The rope is and Xian ties himself back up after he stalls
          a few more seconds. Down below there are indeed two large
          water snakes swimming about and many creatures along the
          lower walls from halls and pits that lead deep underground.
          Xian is hauled up and out of the well.  The bottom of his
          robes are wet but otherwise he seems unhurt.]
         Cetric: "Most wish out sooner than the time is up.  Fine.
           We move on...."
         [Caladan looks to Xian.]
         Caladan [in low whisper only Xian can hear] "Magic?"
         Xian: "A simple spell to be there but not there." [He grins
           then turns serious] "We need to talk later..."
         [Caladan looks curious but moves to meet Cetric for the next
          test.]
         GM: Time - 5 minutes.

                --------------------------------------

       [Thig - Tracking Test]

          [Thig grabs his horse and 2 warriors mount theirs.]
          Thig: "How long do I have?"
          [Caladan translates]
          Cetric: "For three animals?  Two days.  If you don't
            return with the third animal by the time the sun
            hits the ground tomorrow night you lose."
          [thig nods and grabs his gear.  The warriors grab some
           small packs of food and water as well.  Theres some
           discussion as to warriors and cetric.  Complaints about
           being with the strange faerry.]
          GM: Will conclude this one later as it could be 2 days.

                --------------------------------------

       [Jordi - Trading test]

          [Jordi grabs his horse and equipment.  A warrior also
           mounts his horse to escort Jordi. It takes only 25
           minutes of quick slow riding to find the lone yellow
           Tipi out on the plains.  Its about 2 miles from the
           village itself.  Around it are some crates and chicken
           pins it seems.  The Tipi is large for maybe a half dozen
           people inside.  The ride is quiet while the warrior doesn't
           speak to Jordi at all.  In fact seems a bit comfortable
           with him.  As they approach the warrior dismounts and heads
           for the tipi.  He calls out and waits.  A elderly female
           comes out the low opening flap.  She stands and looks at
           the warriro then gasps at seeing Jordi but composes herself
           quickly.  Then a elderly man maybe in his 60s comes out
           and looks at the two.  The warrior steps back and let's
           Jordi speak.]
          GM: Actions?  Dialogue? What to say?  May want to consult
            last update for what your here for.

                --------------------------------------

       [Trembyl - Throwing Test]

          [Sweat begins to mount on Trembyl's forehead.  Not a good
           thrower at all.  But he gets the hint that Caladan is
           tossing.  But obviously caladan doesn't understand the
           full details of his abilities.  Trembyl thinks.  He
           knows many are watching.  Too many folks.  He turns to
           Caladan.]
          Trembyl: [In Marentian] "If I refuse?"
          Caladan: [In Marentian] "You heard the results of failure.
            Can you do this?" [He approaches closer] "With your
            magic?" [In low whisper]
          Trembyl: "This is a skill test right not magic?"
          Caladan: "Yes.  But if done in such a way Cetric won't
            know."
          Trembyl: "Use dishonorable tactics?"
          Caladan: "Normally I'd agree.  But Cetric is desperate.
            He clearly is trying hard tests.  Yes.  This throwing
            test is done for warriors but with much more simpler
            methods.  He choose three hard targets."
          Trembyl: "Impossible ones."
          Cetric: "What's the matter?"
          Caladan: "Nothing.  He had a question.  He wishes to do
            some prayers for accuracy before he throws each time."
          Cetric: "Whatever.  Be on with it."
          [Trembyl murmurs a few words under his breath and
           concentrates.  Trembyl throws at the first target
           which is a simple bullseye.  The dagger goes flying
           right into the center portion.  Not dead center but
           close enough.  Trembyl relaxes as the second target
           with the bag is setup.  This one is not skill.  It
           should be easy enough to hit the bag.  But the hard
           part- the cheating part - is there is only a 1 in 3
           chance of hitting the portion with water and not the
           red juice.  The test calls for the water to fall out.
           For this he decides he only needs to influence Cetric
           and not the others in the crowd.  At least he hopes. He
           risks it.  He grabs the dagger and flexes his arms in
           his robes which are long sleeved.  He speaks a few words
           and twists his arms grabbing both fists.  he throws
           the dagger and it hits the bottom right.  Out pours...
           water! Trembyl quickly runs to the target and stands in
           front of the bag.  He punctures holes in other parts of
           the leather bag and red liquid now pours out.  He stands
           back and the dagger is in his hand.  Cetric nods.]
         [Caladan approaches as the final part is setup.  Caladan
          whispers in Marentian]
         Caladan: "How?"
         Trembyl: "Distraction.  Divination.  Illusion.  Dagger was
          never thrown but in my sleeve.  Illusionary dagger.  I
          then put holes in the bag so all the liquid would fall before
          it could be inspected.  Cetric wa apparently fooled by the
          illusion.  I hope."
        Caladan: "It seems that way.  But from the faces on the crowd
          they seem confused.  I suspect not all was fooled?"
        [Finally the young male holding a fruit at his waist stands
         ready to be thrown at.  This one would be hard for an illusion
         to fool Cetric and the boy while affecting the fruit as well.
         So he takes the chance to do it by skill.  He decides a
         practice throw is in order.  But if he misses...the young
         boy looks stern and not scared.  But Trembyl begins to sweat
         again.  His divination spell tells him hes going to miss and
         hit the boy.  He gets more nervous.  He motions for some
         water from a party member.  Caladan comes over.]
       Caladan: "What's wrong?"
       Trembyl: "I can't.  I'll miss.  I've seen it."
       Caladan: "Fine."
       [Caladan turns to Cetric]
       Cetric: "What's the problem?"
       Caladan: "Its one thing to throw a weapon in combat to an
         enemy its another to throw at an inncoent child.  Why
         not make things harder?"
       Cetric: "Yes?"
       Caladan: "Make the target not a child but someone hw knows.
         He trusts.  Make it myself." [The crowd whispers adn murmurs
         among themselves]
       Cetric: "Interesting...." [He thinks] "Acceptable."
       ]Caladan takes the place of the child.  Trembyl shakes his
        head but casts a quick spell.  The future has changed.  He
        nods and throws the dagger.  It flies toward caladan and
        knicks the fruit.  Both fall to the ground but Caladan isn't
        touched.]
       Cetric: "You were to puncture the fruit.  It is cut however.
         So I'll accept it."
       [Trembyl and Caladan relax as they head toward the next test.]

                --------------------------------------

       [Strie'bog - Pit Test]

          [As Strie'bog approaches the pit he sees its about
           4 feet deep in most places and maybe an additional
           1 or 2 feet deeper in the center.  Its about 10
           feet in diameter.  From the looks of the items on
           the floor it looks to be some pit used for cooking
           or ceremoneial dances?   Some feathers and debris
           of wood is seen in the dirt mainly.  The dogs and
           wolf could easilly jump in and out if needed.  Teh fire
           is a smaller depression about 2.5-3 feet round and doesn't
           take up the entire pit.  So theres plenty of room to relax
           and walk around if needed.  An hour in this pit.]
          Cetric: "Are you ready? Just one hour.  Keep the fire
            going.  if you wish sing and play your instruments to
            pass the time.  After all this is a test of your
            entertainment skills."
          [The fire is low and there is wood, limbs and other
           large log pieces nearby to keep it stoked.]
          GM: I assume you enter the pit and then do what?
            Take the wolf with you or leave it topside.
            Any more questions?  Do you keep the fire stoked while
            you wait?  Do you play anything or sing for the watching
            crowd?

                --------------------------------------

       [Ben'dar - Riding Test]

          [As Cetric speaks Ben'dar eyes the crowd.  Cetric
           explains the race and its conditions.  But Ben'dar
           is clearly ignoring Cetric.  he notices several
           warriros who are neutral, several who nod while
           Cetric speaks (his allies?) and several who grin
           in excitement.  Cetric suddenly stops and approachs.]
          Cetric: "You should pay attention young man.  You
            above all not only represent your friends here, yourself,
            but your tribe as well.  Keep this in mind!"
          [He steps back and continues...]
          [Ben'dar spends a few minutes stripping his gear and
           somene on the party will watch it and the dragon armor
           to ensure no mishaps.  The three warriors approach
           with their horses.  They are not wearing armor but
           light leathers.  Their horses have nothing but a strap
           to guide the horse, not even a saddle.  They will ride
           without one for speed.  All 3 are younger than Ben'dar.
           They appear to be 18, 19 and 20.  One warrior has no
           weapons.  One has a scimitar he keeps in a strap on
           the horse.  The 3rd has a knife but not a true dagger.
           Maybe its used to obtain the necklace faster?]
          Caladan: "Why must this one carry a blade?" [He points
            to the one with scimitar]
          Cetric: "Their choice.  They will obtain the win and the
            nccklace by any means."
          [One of the warriros the one without weapons is one that
           actually talked last night to Ben'dar and was friendly.
           The other 2 however did not but did listen to his tales.]
          GM: Before I continue.  Ben'dar you ride with saddle or
            bareback?  The course is straight out into the open plains
            about 2 miles out.

                --------------------------------------

       [Farseeker - Fighting/Duel/Strength Test]

          [Farseeker goes to his horse and dons his good Chainmail.
           Cetric deliberately picked midday for this test when its
           the hottest.  But Farseeker will continue.  He drinks
           half a liter of water from his personal supply and then
           grabs his sheath and great sword.  He intends to subdue.
           But subdue with a great sword is delicate work.  No head
           shots can be done as the blade is too thick and can crush
           the skull.  That he learned in the military.  But if slapped
           hard enough with a great sword on certain spots on the back
           and neck it could disrupt the blood supply enough to take
           advantage of.  The test will go on his training not to kill.
           But he knows the warriors will be out for his blood for their
           honor and for their reputation.  He approaches the fighting
           area which is a square (not a circle) formed around the
           fighters and the crowd.  A square about 30 feet on each side.
           A good fighting area.  He knows he could take any 3 people
           easilly.  But this third mountain of a man - A'zort was his
           name? He'll be a challenge. The mountain of a warrior is
           talking to 2 young females coying and laughing with them.
           Totally ignoring the fight.  Overconfidence can be a
           problem for some but Farseeker feels not for him.  Fine.
           He'll handle the first 2 then the mountain.  As long as
           the Mountain doesn't enter the fight there shouldn't be
           a problem....The two warriors walk up.  Each carry a
           scimitar and a wooden buckler.  They'll have speed and
           agility in their favor but lighter weapons.  Too bad for
           them they don't know Farseeker is also fast on his feet.
           Farseeker will wait for them to attack first...]

          Turn 1: Phase 1
            [The 2 warriors charge and swing their scimitar's dividing
             up Farseker's sides at 90 degree angles so harder to
             hit both.  The first warrior swings and totally misses.
             But the more experienced #1 warrior's blade slices the
             armor and blood comes out doing 3 points of damage.  First
             blood.  The crowd roars and Cetric smiles.  The mountain
             warrior doesn't even glance.]
          Turn 1: Phase 2
            [Farseeker quickly turns full circle and comes around
             to the left of the warrior on his right.  The one
             that hit him previously.  He swings his great sword
             with both hands in a side blow.  The blade hits the
             buckler on his right arm.  The blow smacks hard on the
             shield and shatters it into 4 pieces as it falls from his
             armor.  The blow then strikes his arm and slams him backwards
             against the chest.  The blow is so hard he goes flying
             backwards to the ground.  His arm shows red marks from
             likely muscle or bone damage internally.]
            [The unhurt warrior charges to the rear of Farseeker and
             thrusts his scimitar.  It penetrates and tears the armor
             up to shreds as it cuts Farseeker's back.  Blood gushes
             out in great amounts as Farseeker gives a jolt of pain
             but not a cry.  He grits his teeth.]
          Turn 1: Phase 3
            [Farseeker in a bit of rage turns and thrusts his great
             sword under the arms of the warrior adn comes up
             on the man's abdomen.  The sword penetrates upwards of
             2 inches inside doing 9 points of damage.  The man
             falls off the blade and onto the ground.  Shocked
             Farseeker didn't mean to kill him.  The crowd gets quiet
             and Cetric looks non-emotional.]
            [Behind him the other warrior gets to his feet.  By now
             the mountain warrior has seen this and stops talking
             to the females and eyes Farseeker.]
          Turn 1: Phase 4
            [Farseeker turns to face the other warrior and tries
             to charge but his weakened blood loss slows him down.
             He tries a subdual slam in the right place on teh
             shoulders and hits witht he side of the blade.  The
             blow knocks the warrior back down and unconscious.]

          Caladan: "Wait!  We must attent to the warrior."
          [Several warriors drag both warriors out of the square.
           Farseeker is doing very poorly.  The down hurt warrior
           is near death if not already.  The other warrior is
           fine just knocked out.  The mountain warrior begins
           walking forward and shoos several people sitting on a large
           log away.  He picks up the log which is 4 feet log in both
           hands and smiles at Farseeker.]
          Cetric: "No one touches Farseeker to heal him."
         GM: Will continue this one next update.  Anyone wish to
           do anything here?  Farseeker is at 20% of his hit points
           it looks and mountain warrior is at 100%.  Farseekr has
           half his armor left.  The mountain warrior with log stands
           a good foot over Farseeker and everyone else for that matter.

                --------------------------------------

       [Unali - Dagger Duel]

          [Unali grabs her daggers from her gear.  She then swings
           them in her fingers to get the familiar touch.  The
           female warrior who is trying to gain some respect in
           the tribe comes up with her own dagger in hand. Her
           other hand is free and to her side.  She is obviously
           nervous.  To calm down her Caladan who is translating
           for Unali asks the girl her name.]
         Girl: "Hullah."
         [Caladan gives the name to Unali.  Unali nods.  She is
          torn between two things.  One she feels for the female
          fighting in a man's world.  She wishes to honor both
          the girl so she can get respect but that would mean she
          would have win and Unali likely dead.  Not a good thing.
          But maybe first blood is good enough?  But then this test
          is for both so Unali need so win.  A conflict for sure.
          If only it could be a draw.  Cetric comes forward and
          places a cloth blindfold around Unali's eyes as planned.]
         Cetric: "Good luck." [He says to both in a mild sarcastic tone.]
         [Fighting in the dark is nothing new to Unali.  In Katai is
          common for some warriors to fight in total darkness.  There
          was even the infamous Shin Mi who fought with a tulwar who
          was blind and could fight just as good as many.  Course many
          say its a myth but who knows.]

         turn 1: Phase 1
           [Hullah approaches.  The Crowd murmurs.  They know keeping
            quiet would give Unali some sound advantage.  Unali slows
            her breathing and concetrates.  Trying to block out everything
            but Hullah.  Hullah steps to the left of Unali and tries
            to flank her.  But at the last instant Hullah gives a grunt
            as she tries a strong arm strike.  Unali hears this and
            tries to duck but is too slow.  Hullash slices her upper
            left shoulder doing 4 points of damage.  Blood has been
            drawn.  Unali pulls off her blindfold and examines the
            wound.  A light cut but nothing serious.  In fact she
            could've done worse?  Maybe Hullah sees how unfair it
            would be to do a harder blow.  But now both are on level
            ground except for experience.]
         turn 1: Phase 2
           [Unali swings her right dagger at Hullah and hits.  The dagger
            hits her head to subdue and knocks her silly.  With a 60%
            chance to knock out she remains standing.]
           [Hullah tries a stab but misses.]
         turn 1: Phase 3
           [Unali hits again Hullah and this time the girl is slammed
            to the ground and knocked out.]

         [The combat lasts only 9 seconds.  The crowd is shocked.
          Cetric nods and moves away.  Unali looks sad at the girl
          who likely hasn't gain much respect from this fight.]

                --------------------------------------

       [Kasha - Wrangler Test]

          [Kasha gets some rope from his horse in hand and drops
           the rest of his heavy gear.]
          Caladan: "Ever wrangle before?"
          Kasha: "Laso I've tried as a youngster but not in many
            years.  It'll be sheer luck.  If I can't on the second
            try I'll just tackle the animal if I have to."
          [Kasha mounts his horse and prepares the rope into a
           wide laso.]
          Cetric: "You'll have thirty seconds to wrangle the animal
            and return it to its pin."
          [Teh corral has about 10 horses in it right now.  Another
           obstacle to worry about.  There are sides so that's good
           the animal can't escape.  The pin where the cattle is
           placed is next to the horse corral.  The small calf is
           let loose in the corral and begins to pick at the ground
           with its nose.  Kasha enters the corral.]

          [Kasha jumps the horse forward and the calf begins to run
           away.  Kasha tries to swing the laso around and get a
           good shot while avoiding other horses.  He throws the
           rope and misses.  (21% chance).  10 Seconds pass.  He
           brings the rope back up and chases the calf again. Five
           seconds later he throws the rope and captures the calf.
           He jumps off the horse with the rest of the rope and
           quickly ties the rope around the calf's twitching legs.
           18 seconds have passed.  Now to get it to the pin in
           12 seconds and the pin is only 9 feet away.  Kasha
           lifts the calf up.  His strength holds.  He eyes the pin
           and begins to walk but the 90 pounds is a bit heavy and
           slows him down.  He stumbles forward and gets to the
           gate with the pin.  3 seconds left.  Mentally he is also
           counting.  He has trouble opening the gate so risks a move
           he rather not.  He dives shoulder first over the low gate
           which is only about 3 feet tall and he uses the lower struts
           to lift himself up.  He tumbles over the gate with the
           full weight of teh animal and lands with a loud thud causing
           dust and sand going everywhere.  The animal falls to this
           side but the crushing weight takes his breath out.  Cetric
           looks to the glass where a few grains of sand still is falling.
           he frowns and walks away.]
          [Party members go to help and find him unhurt except some
           bruises and his wind gone.  And now a dirty shirt and pants.]
          GM: Very close.  Based on the rolls and the timing.  If he
            had failed the second time he'd likely have failed.  But
            rolled a 11.

                --------------------------------------

       [Balrog - Horse Drag Test]

         GM: Unali as per last update do you allow a good luck
           kiss for Balrog?

                --------------------------------------

       [Z'leyra - 3 part test]

         GM: I'm doing the test with Z'leyra/Alex in ICQ in real
          time.  Finsihed part 1.  When done with the other 2 will
          report the results in the next update likely.
                --------------------------------------

       [Chion - Unknown test?]

          GM: When its down to Z'leyra and Chion.  Z'leyra is given
            her tests.  Then its left for Chion and Caladan.  While
            Cetric mulls over Chion's test a warrior storms out of
            the crowd.
          [He is very young maybe 17 or 18.  He looks straight at
           Chion.]
          Warrior: "You!  I was told strangers where here.  I travelled
            here to find out this morning.  You!  You dishonor me!"
          [He pulls out a dagger and charges.  Caladan stops in front
           of him.]
          Caladan: "Explain your actions!"
          Warrior: "This...person..was on the plains a moon ago or
            so.  He attacked me in the open and knocked me down and
            then fled.  He was traveling through this tribe's land
            and heading north east."
          [Caladan looks back at Chion]
          Caladan: "Are you sure its him?"
          Warrior: "Yes!"
          Caladan: "Chion?  You were in the plains recently?"
          Cetric: "If this Chion has attacked you then you claim
            right of vengeance.  Do you wish to challenge?"
          Warrior: "Yes!"
          Cetric: "It is settled.  A fight for honor and to the
            death I assume."
          Warrior: "YES!" [He wipes drool from his mouth as he
            grins at Chion.]
          Cetric: "No spirit words.  No help from others.  No
            help from the spirits in any way."
          Caladan: "He means no magic at all Chion.  You'll have
            to fight with your weapons, skill and mind."
          GM: Chion are you prepared?  The warrior handed a Scimitar
            and shield while he puts the dagger in his belt.  Chion
            do you accept the challenge?

     Actions?  Comments?
     Next update Monday....

       Player           Test
     Balrog
     Ben'dar          About to start, Awaiting answer.
     Thig             About to start, long test
     Jordi            Has started, waiting on actions
     Strie'bog        Has started, awaiting on actions
     Xian             Test Completed, Successfully
     Trembyl          Test Completed, Successfully
     Farseeker        Has started, awaiting for any possible actions?
     Unali            Test Completed, Successfully
     Kasha            Test Completed, Successfully
     Balrog           Waiting on answer from Unali
     Z'leyra          Has started, waiting to finish/In progress
     Caladan          Not given one yet
     Chion            A challenge is given

     9 Tests in progress or about to start.  4 tests completed.

     Actions or comments?

Didn't spell check this update I know you guys are eager for a update :)
On a new keyboard so my D key should be working as well as F and C :)

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933