[pnpgm] Ben'Dar replies to Strie'bog and Jordi

Chris & Karen Wells ckwells at comcast.net
Tue May 10 03:55:37 CEST 2005

To Strie'bog re: Serpent Woman:

Ben'Dar witnessed the impressive fire-shot that took down the flying demon.  He has new-found respect for Strie'bog.  He responds:

"I have heard your words Strie'bog, and they are words of wisdom.  I agree that life should not be thrown away callously."

Then Ben'Dar shakes head, "That foul creature does not follow our way of thinking.  It has been taking innocent lives for a long time.  It has been terrorizing and killing and maiming with its band of followers.  It would have done the same to us had we not killed its followers and knocked it out first.  It would have killed our friend Balrog if I had not stopped it.  If we allow it to live, it may escape and if it does, it will gather more creatures to help it kill even more innocent travelers."

Ben'Dar's glances at the lingering magical darkness which hides the unconscious creature.  He continues grimly, "If there was a way to ensure it would not escape to kill again, I would also favor taking it alive to be judged by the authorities of Marentia.  But I do not see a way...."

To Strie'bog re: Healing Music:

Ben'Dar is somewhat dubious about sitting down to listen to music.  Having grown up around wild horses and rowdy barbarian warriors, he has not had much experience with music.  However, he isn't feeling up to making much of a fuss about his warrior pride, being as injured as he is...  He shrugs (gingerly) and sits down on the ground near Strie'bog to listen to the healing music.  Upon its completion, he is not sure what to say, but he wishes to show his gratitude.  Gesturing to Strie'bog's bow, he says, "It's a fine weapon.  That was a very good shot back there.  How did you learn to shoot with fire magic?"

To Jordi re: Healing

(OOC: I'm not sure how much magical healing I can take....I'm not too familiar with the magic rules.  But, assuming Ben'Dar can get patched up from Z'leyra, healed from Strie'bog's music, and also healed by Jordi's magic...)  Putting his hand on Jordi's shoulder, Ben'Dar says, "Thank you for the healing, Jordi.  I need sharp elven eyes like you, my friend.  I didn't see the flying creature when it came in from behind me."