[pnpgm] Game Update #3 - File #14 - Party prepares for travel

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Fri Mar 18 05:21:32 CET 2005

     Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
     Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Chris Wells           Ben'dar           Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
     Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
     Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
     Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Wizard  Normal/Elf    Ma
     Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
     Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
     Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
     Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
     Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
     Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #3 in sequence (file #14)

     Admin notes: None

    All right.  Equipmenet selection has started.  Got emails
    from Ben'dar and Chion.  Sent email replies back.

    Some reminders -

      Areas of interest for the gear selection

       A) Armor/Weapons - To take or wear?
       B) Food - How much to take?
       C) Travel/Camping Gear - Need gear for camping
       D) Clothing - Hot or cold clothing?
       E) Coins - Take all or leave some ?

      If you leave some gear behind let me know in your emails
      or posts where.  If you ask I'm sure Ben'dar or Z'leyra
      wouldn't mind their places.  But if you prefer you can
      rent a storage place from a shop or moneylender.  There
      may be other options depending on your character.

    [Post from Z'leyra]
    Z'leyra: [Re: Horse]
      She will buy a Warhorse II and suitable tack including
      saddlebags.
    GM: When group gets to Maren Ben'dar will help locate through
      his contacts and Ranch Steward (by sending word ahead) to
      find a warhorse II.  He finds a good quality one.  After
      he haggles instead of the normal market 10 gold price the
      price goes to 8 Gold and 2 silver.

    From Z'leyra: [Re: School]
      "My plans for establishing a School of Healing Arts has gone a
       bit slower than expected. I've made and sold some enchanted
       items but not enough to pay for the school. Not yet. I have
       been spending a day each week meeting and helping those who
       practice healing in and near Sivas.

       This should help in attracting teachers when the school is
       started."

       "Another problem is that someone, I don't know who, is opposed
        to the school. They sent a Jinn to threaten me and I believe
        the same Jinn killed a merchant that was planning to support
        the school financially.

        Whether the Jinn was sent by someone from this country or
        from another I do not know. It will be awhile before I can
        build up my magical defenses to a point where I can expect to
        defeat the Jinn along whoever sent him if the Jinn tries to
        assassinate me."

        "I figure I will to resolve that problem when we get back.
         In the meantime my leaving should reduce the likelihood of
         more merchants being murdered. It might even result in this
         unknown opponent dropping their guard. Ultimately I will have
         to deal with the Jinn and those who sent it before I can open
         the school."
    GM: Everyone hears this serious explanation.  Jordi perks up hwne
      he hears the word jinn since he also encountered one before
      he left for the Wild Forest.  Trembyl also perks up when a Jinn
      is mentioned but his history with a jinn was far from here
      so doesn't mention it.

    [Post from Chion]
      Also, if he can get ANY instruction on riding a horse before
      we go that would probably be a great idea...

      He'll ask this way, "I have never been the owner of a horse. I
      have not ridden one. This should be quite an adventure, indeed."
    Balrog: "Never eh?  Well we can show you in a few minutes the
      basics.  We can show you more complex maneuvers and maybe
      speed running and such on the trip."
    GM: I'll add a Riding Horse I to your sheet as basic horse.
      With Ben'dar's help it'll cost only 3 gold instead of 4.
      You'll need horse gear like Saddle/Bridle and such costing
      about 3 silver and change.  If you wish to dedicate the
      full day's time during travel to learn a skill you can
      get expertise (2) each day in learning Horsemanship from
      Ben'dar or Balrog or other riders if you wish.  Let me know.

    [Horses]

    GM: This leaves everyone but Jordi with a horse.  I'm sure
      though that'll be covered in Jordi's email when he sends it. :)

    [Website]

    GM: Let me know if there is anything I need to add to the
      game website as a handy aid for you guys.  I did add
      a link of a timeline to the bottom of the site.

    [Day 1 - Tavern]

    [As the conversation begins to die down no one notices that
     Caladan slips out.  Kavor reports later he is just taking
     a brief walk and will be back shortly to head to the manor
     or any hotel.  Kavor also reports Caladan has paid for
     everyone's food and drinks.  So no one needs to pay for
     anything.]

    GM: Its not vital where everyone sleeps.  But I will assume
      everyone heads to Z'leyra's manor.  If not and you decide
      a hotel let me know for cash deduction purposes :)
      Otherwise once I get gear info from everyone I will
      continue and do day 2.   So this is just a quick update.

    Next update: May be monday but depends on responses.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933