[pnpgm] Game update #21 - File #87 - Party prepares to leave...

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Fri Jul 8 08:58:15 CEST 2005

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #21 in sequence (file #87]

     Admin notes: None.

        From Chion: [Re: Acknowledgement]
          Chion doesn't mind the cost of the feed et al. He'll continue
          with the typical spells he's been casting. He will also not
          wear his chainmail on the boat (since he can't swim in it).
          Overall he'll just go with the flow and try not to create
          waves.
          All puns intended.
        GM: :).  No chainmail.  Ack.  What skill will you train with
          during the 10 days of sailing?  Can't do horsemanship.
          8 SC deducted for horse transport.

        From Z'leyra:
        GM: Has said ok to the charges.  Price deducted.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar replies to Caladan:
            "It's not urgent that we stop in Ba'ru on this trip.  I'd
             like to go there eventually, but it can wait.  Our current
             mission is more important and speed is of the essence."
             Clasping Caladan’s hand, Ben'Dar says with a smile, "Thank
             you for paying the cost of passage for me, Caladan.  I have
             only a few small coins with me, because the merchants and
             farmers of Marentia have required me to pay them nearly
             all of mine over the past months.  The costs of getting
             the horse ranch up and running have taken nearly everything
             I had."  But, waving his hand dismissively, he continues
             "No matter.  I will find a way to repay you as soon as
             possible."

             I think Ben'Dar is all set with gear and such.  Thanks!

             Ben'Dar would like to practice his sign language if possible

             Not sure if he needs an instructor to continue learning it.
             He will ask if anyone else knows sign language and would
             like to practice with him.  If not, he will spend his time
             on the ship perfecting his Marentian language skills.
        GM: Ack on Sign language.  Theres likely another person who
          can help out there and teach for 2 points.  As to you moving
          and email no problem.  Your good to go.
        Caladan: "Maybe when its time to get a new horse you can repay
          me by helping me locate one.  That's all i ask."

     Sepes 18 and 19, in the 163rd Year [TH]
       Location: Cholchara City, Marentia

       GM: Following are actions for next 10 days

          Player      Skill Training              Spell
          Balrog      Whip                          -
          Caladan     Bow                         None
          Farseeker   Throwing Axe                  -
          Xian        Disguise Artist             None
          Trembyl     Hand-to-hand                None
          Kasha       Change to Zen'dali language   -
          Thig        Bow                         None
          Z'leyra     Shield                      Some
          Ben'dar     Changes to Sign Language      -
          Unali       ????                          -
          Chion       ????                        Some
          Jordi       ????                        ????
          Strie'bog   ????                        ????

          So for Unali, Chion, Jordi, Strie'bog.  Let me know
          please.  Strie'bog I have spells and will likely get
          to that email this weekend.  So you can wait if you
          want for the email from me.  Remember, horsemanship
          can't be really learned on a boat.  :<

       GM: Still need Acks on the ocst for horses/food as follows:
            Player         Costs
           Jordi    -    8 SC 5 CC  - 50 FP Rations
           Unali    -    8 SC 8 CC  - 80 FP Rations

       GM: Ok.  Strie'bog and Jordi may expect another email this
         weekend.  Not sure when.

       [During the day in Cholchara Chion walks around the city and
        seems to study the layout and lay of the land for some reason.]

       [Before the group leaves rumors are collected from Strie'bog
        and others.

        * One rumor heard by Kasha is that the White Jolt was seen
          leaving port to head south again.  It had at least 4 guards
          on it so the criminal gangs must assume its a big deal in
          the works.  The ship is pretty infamous in certain circles
          around Cholchara.

        * Seems a evil wizard has been spotted south.  His horse was
          killed in an accident.  So he killed a family of 3 and
          took their horse and wagon.  Guards are chasing them.
          But no recent news.

        * The Ba'ru / Zen'da plains war may be settling down a bit.
          Marentian's are sending word of a speaker to try to
          deal with the farmers.  But who knows if its true or not.

        * Word is that in Ba'ru city margins there has been a few
          recent cases of grave robbery.  Farmers also report of
          graves in some towns also opened.  But nothing has been
          proven if its true or not.  Ba'ru city officials do not
          confirm or deny it.

        * As usual lots of rumors about L'p'nth including one wild
          tale of folks mysteriously appearing in towns and villages
          who were never there before.  Most folks just scoff it off
          as tales by drunks to scare tourist though.

        * Theres a rumor by some beggars of hearing the tongue of
          climan being spoken in the city.  Which is a rare enough
          event.  The beggar sold this rumor to another merchant
          so its likely its false.

     Actions?  Comments?
     Next update Monday...

     Not a big update.  We'll move on once we get some replies from
     the above 4.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933