[pnpgm] Game update #323 - File #529 - Tension in the Royal Chamber

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Fri Jan 7 04:34:14 CET 2005

     Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
     Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Chris Wells           Ben'dar           Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
     Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
     Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
     Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Wizard  Normal/Elf    Ma
     Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
     NPC Plaqyer           Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
     Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
     Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
     Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
     Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
     Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's

        Player                Email Address
     Wout Broere     broere at powersandperils.org
     Alex Koponen    akoponen at mosquitonet.com
     Sergi Sallent   igresigres at yahoo.com
     Scott Adams     pnpgm at softhome.net
     Chris Wells     ckwells at comcast.net
     Marcel Liberty  kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:

<http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp>http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/)
or <http://www.powersandperils.org/>www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #323   in sequence (file #529)

     Admin notes: None

    [From Sergi: Re: Stuff]
      Hello, Scott/GM:
      I haven't ended with Jordi actions for the next three months.
      I have been out of town, with my family. However, I have decided
      what Jordi will ask from the King.  I think the king will grant
      it.
      PS: I'm happy to know that your brother is at home!!!
      I hope you have enjoyed a merry Christmas and a Happy New year!!!
    GM: Ok.  Once I get all actions done we can start new adventure.
      If you continue with your big plans in email (still possible)
      keep in mind doing so will take alot of time so you might not
      be able to relax (ie practice skills).  If you need tips or
      such let me know.  Its like with Ben'dar's ranch and Z'leyras
      school they will have to work many hours on it and won't have
      time to go to school to learn some skill :).  Good holidays
      as always way too short :)  If you have questions on your 3
      months just send email.

    [Update]

    [During Jordi's audience with King]
    From Jordi: [Re: King's audience]
      Jordi will take a step towards the King, will bow, and then
      will say:

      "If your Majesty feel that I'm worthy of a reward, I ask for a
       written permission to enter and exit your kingdom at will, with
       the people who comes with me, and I also ask for permission to
       visit your Court, because I think that my uncle, King Zen, wants
       that I represent him as a diplomat in the human lands.  I also
       ask for presentation letters, so your allies know that I'm a
       friend of Marentia, and I also ask for a written, official
       report of our actions, so my uncle, King Zen, will have an
       official report of our actions (Jordi makes a signal, meaning
       that "our [=we]" includes Sava and Neva.) because I feel that
       an official report from Marentia, from your Court and with your
       Majesty seal, can be of great importance."

    King: "I'm intrigued.  Great importance?"
    Jordi: "For the future of the relations of our nations.  My uncle,
       the King, and myself, believe that we, the elven nations of
       what you call "the Wild Forest", have to develop relations
       with friendly human nations.  This "adventure" -excuse me for
       the term- has tought me that the world is, in some ways, a small
       place, and remaining totally isolated is not a wise option."
       And if the King is cunning, he can begin to guess things...).

       (OOC 2: again, the written report is another tool to ensure that
        Neva will have all the posible help to achieve a higher status.).

       (OOC 3: I know Jordi can ask something more from the king [I
        believe the King will simply make a scribe write some papers,
        and then he will sign them; nothing very important or costly]
        but Jordi remembers that he was a prisioner, saved by the rest
        of the party, so he thinks that it's not correct to ask for
        more.).

       (OOC 4: Jordi won't ask for permission for staying some time in
        Marentia/the Court because he plans to stay only the necessary
        time to marry Neva and make some diplomatic contacts. He
        considers that asking for hospitality can be perceived as an
        insult.).
    GM: Marentian is a free state.  So you are free to travel whereever.
      There may be minor realms in it ruled by a knight or duke that
      may restrict some movement but generally most part your free
      to roam.  So no letter to travel is needed.  but can be given
      anyways.  As to staying same thing you can stay for however
      long you wish.  Just remember be back in Sivas in 90 days :)

    King: "Granted!  I will assign a scribe to work with you.  I
      understand from my people you were captured and escaped
      with the help of the party.  You also wish to marry ...
      [trying to recall from his reports] Neva.  Congratulations.
      Then you go on to save Princess Sava.  Your people should
      be honored to have you return."
    [As Jordi steps away a servant approaches and the King
     whispers to him a few commands.  The servant rushes away.]

    [During Chion's audience with king]
    From Chion: [Re: Staff]
      Regarding the Staff, Chion will state the following, "Evil is
      within this staff, for certain. My intentions for retaining it
      were to study and to eventually bring to a safe haven. As I am
      sure you are well aware, Mages of nuetral alignments control
      some of the safest placed to harbor these kinds of items. If
      you are not aware, I asked for the travel note in order that I
      might return to my homeland for several reasons, and this is
      one of them."

    [King hears and mulls this over.  Then a frown comes over his
     face and he shakes his head.]
    King: "Being a stranger to this land you may not be aware.  This
      land adores the gods of good and law.  While there are a few
      sects of chaos in the realm we try to suppress them here.
      With the nearby lands of porta, clima and L'p'nth there is
      too much evil out there.  Evil grows and foster unrest and
      rebellion.  Something I don't wish to see here.  Therefore
      any person who wishes to study such evil magic is not a friend
      of marentia...and not a friend of mine.   Do you still wish
      to take possession of the staff?"
    GM: This would happen to anyone who just got lucky enough to
      retain the 2 chaotic items in the loot.  Not directed at
      you Chion per se :).  Just you got the unlucky straw.  Unali
      got the other one :)

    [The party looks at Chion during this.  Farseeker frowns.
     Xian looks serious.  A hush comes over the chamber.  Aren
     quietly shakes his head to Chion.  The king stares and
     waits for a reply. Guards become tense as they might have
     to escort someone out and disturb their boredom.]

   On a side note - Since we are dealing with 4 months of game
   time I would like to know your character birthdaays.  For
   simplicity we are using a standard 12 month 30 day calender
   here.  This is so I can increment your Age if need be.
   You can either select one or roll or I can roll it (d12/d30).
   Let me know.

   Another quickie update

   I'm working on actions for Chion and ben'dar right now..
   for the 3 months..

   Another quickie likely monday...

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site