[pnpgm] Game update #30 - File #120 - A New Day ...a new challenge

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Wed Aug 10 05:21:22 CEST 2005

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #30 in sequence (file #120]

     Admin notes: Delays.  Had this update typed up sunday night but
     had got distracted so couldn't post it then other things monday.
     Sorry.  But we move on....

       From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
         Ben'Dar listens to Caladan describe the Asrai, though he is
         somewhat distracted by the activity around Farseeker and the
         possible threat from the river.  He is still unsure that the
         Asrai mean no harm, seeing as how they tried to kill Farseeker.
         While others are reviving Farseeker, Ben'Dar sits on Tef'wo,
         gripping his spear tightly as he watches the dark water
         suspiciously.

         He helps Farseeker sit on Tef'wo and leads the warhorse back
         to camp. "What happened back there, Farseeker?  How did you
         get into the water and what were those things?  Did you get a
         close look at them? ..  They looked so frail  how did they hold
         you under the water? I'm very surprised that they let go and
         disappeared when they did. It was lucky that they did."

         Once back in camp, Ben'Dar asks Caladan, "Asrai?  Tell me of
         these creatures, Caladan.  I have never heard of them before this
         day." He will spend some time afterward drying off Tef'wo,
         grooming him, giving him food treats, etc.  As he does so,
         Ben'Dar reflects that his mistrust of the water has now been
         increased to active dislike of it by this encounter with the
         mysterious water-breathing elves. If he was unsure about water
         travel before he is sure now that he doesn't like it.
       GM: Ack.

       Farseeker: "I was letting the horse drink and it got nervous.
         I tried to calm it and got jumped.  They were very quiet.
         Thig says there are six so likely they all held me down.
         As to letting go I'm not sure they actually did.  May have
         just been lucky.  It was all kinda foggy."
       Caladan: "I know as much as you do.  I've only heard stories
         from the elders.  I've heard some travel teh river.  They
         believe some live in deep caves but who knows."
       Thig: "They likely attacked Farseeker since he was close to
         their lair and had to deal with it.  They are hard to kill
         adn I believe only taking them out of the water can kill
         them entirely.  Their touch is acidic and is very damaing."

                        -------------------------

       From Strie'bog: [Re: Actions]
         With a softer voice, Strie'bog welcomes back those who went to
         rescue Farseeker, and is curious to hear the story.  If allowed,
         he will eagerly observe or assist any healing done on behalf of
         Farseeker.

         Beyond that, he will continue with his present studies and magics,
         as well as playing for the group when they rest.  The only new
         thing would be working on a song about the defeat of the serpent
         women and one about the warriors so recently defeated.  Not great
         yet, but can be incorporated later in to a longer tale.
       GM:  When you sing th esong save it to mp3 so I can put it on the
         website.  I'll give extra points for a real mp3 :)

       From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
         Z'leyra will ask if she may observe the casting of the
         Regeneration spell. It being one of the few important healing
         spells that she doesn't have.
       GM: Ack.  Its actually just a variant of healing so nothing too
         fancy in special effects.

                        --------------------

       From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
         Jordi is impressed by the elven maidens; and he remains silent
         for the rest of the night, except for this:
         "If you don't mind, Thig, I will cast the Regeneration spell on
          Farseeker.  I need... a lot of practice, I'm still a very bad
          magician, and I need to improve my skills.  And, of course,
          Z'leyra, you can watch as much as you want."

         Jordi spends a lot of time this night looking to the river...
         however, at the morning, he seems to be okey.
       GM: Opps.  I had already done the text below when I got this
         tonight.  Ryan aka Farseeker had asked me to have Thig do it
         since they've been playing together (character wise) for
         years.  But next time, I'll let you do it if, sorry :<

         As to the Asrai your right.  The event kinda shook you.  To
         see your own "kind" in that feral type nature.  Elves of
         obvious female gender in a river just is very unusual to
         see especially for you.  Maybe this is something to write
         Neva home about and discuss later in great length....