[pnpgm] Loot Questions and Voting

Chris and Karen Wells ckwells at comcast.net
Wed Oct 6 06:30:16 CEST 2004

Loot Questions:

What exactly is a pike?  Is it just basically a heavy spear?
What do the fur cloaks look like?  Are they like a fine fur coat a rich civilized person would wear or are they more rustic (i.e. would a barbarian want to wear one?)
I noticed several items (bridle, spurs) were "elven".  Are these better than non-elven items?

Loot Decisions:

Ben'Dar would feel sorta bad about taking a full share of the group loot, since he has only been with the party for a very short time.  If the group offers him some of the proceeds, he will take it, but he will not ask for any.

There are a few items that Ben'Dar would be interested in though:

Leather Horse Barding
Magical Pikes (if they are similar enough to the fighting spear he favors)
Whip
Tools - Leather Making (he wants to learn tanning)
Fur Cloak (whichever one is more appropriate for a barbarian to wear, if either are)
Saddle
Bridle (whichever one seems more sturdy - elven or normal)
Spurs (same as bridle)
Battle Horn

Votes:
Ship.....Merchant Ship
Layover......Later Today (Let's load up the loot and get moving.  Our escape path is clear, let's not linger here!)
Healing.......N/A (but Ben'Dar will certainly offer to help anyone who is injured - though he's not a trained healer (unless you're a horse) and has no healing magic)
Sink Ships.......Option 2 - just outside the entrance (but Ben'Dar worries about burning the ships outside the cave - that much smoke will be a clear signal to our enemies that something is wrong and will encourage pursuit that much quicker....better to leave unannounced.)
Magical Creatures......No opinion - let the wizards and scholars decide.  :-)
Sea Voyage.....North (Ben'Dar would rather fight pirates than Clima's navy and he would rather have a shorter voyage since he is not used to sea travel.)