[pnpgm] Battle on the High Seas

Chris and Karen Wells ckwells at comcast.net
Sat Nov 27 17:45:24 CET 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

********

Ben'Dar grabs the drum that is used to pound out the rhythm for the slave rowers and he screams, "Ramming Speed!!!!" and starts thumping out an insanely fast beat:  *thump* *thump* *thump* *thump*

Oh wait...it's Ben'Dar, not Ben'Hur....  Sorry, I couldn't resist.....  ;-)

********

Well since Ben'Dar still can't communicate too well, he probably won't be able to contribute strategy too well as everyone rushes around...  Ben'Dar feels that an attempt at parlay may be advisable with such a fearsome adversary.  Maybe the giant just wants some food or treasure or something?  Anyone speak Giant?

Actions:  Ben'Dar looks to Damon for orders.  Ben'Dar is willing to help fire the ship's weapons, or if he is not needed there, he will get to a position on the deck closest to the giant's probable approach and fire off as many arrows as he can as the giant approaches.  When the giant gets close, he will present himself as a target for the giant (shudder at THAT thought...a Ben'Dar--shish-kabob), fighting with his new pike and trying to create a good opportunity for spellcasters in the group to do their thing.

Ben'Dar cannot swim, so if he gets tossed around, he will desperately grab at ropes or whatever to keep from falling overboard.  If he does fall overboard, he will concentrate on holding onto something that floats (including the giant) to keep from drowning.

Vote:  I vote for at least 2 phases per email during combat.  To be honest, I would probably be ok with 3 or 4 or more combat phases per email.  We could just give the GM our general intentions, a few specific initial actions and several possible follow-up actions and let him take it from there.