[pnpgm] Game update #271 - File #463 - Party explores level 6

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Tue May 11 05:22:02 CEST 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              FisherKing (Z'leyra's Eagle), 2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #271 in sequence (file #463)

     Admin notes:  None
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

        From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
           Jordi charges to the guard who is raising the alarm.
           Jordi will try to kill him, and any other guard/s who
           are in sight.
        GM:  The one that raised the alarm was in the other room and
          is now on the floor.  You move after unali in the hallway
          so you'll get a chance to do something probably.

        From Unali: [Re: Actions]
          Unali will hide between the door, in the hope that the
          guard in the hallway will pass and she can ambush him/her
          from behind. She will listen for sounds in the hallway
          and if the guard passes the door she will kick the door
          open and strike with both daggers, to stunnot to kill.
          If the guard notices the door slightly ajar and decides
          to open it or inspect, it she will also kick it open
          (hopefully in his/her face) and strike, hoping to surprise.
        GM: Ack.  Opps.. The door opens inward to you.  So can't
          kick it.  Just realized that.  Sorry!

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:47am-7:02am  - Morning Day 22

      [Level 6 - ]

       [Room L]

         [Farseeker heads to the still open door, which opens
          into the room, he listens out and watches Thig
          turn invisible and he assumes goes into the hallway.
          He kneels and checks the neck of the person by the
          door Thig attacked.  Satisified he is still alive
          but completely unconscious (probably for a good while)
          he stands back and listens more..]

       [Hallway by Room L]

         [Unali looks over her shoulder and notices Jordi sneak
          up behind her.  She motions for him to stay put ofr
          the time being.  She turns back to the door and listens
          for footsteps..]

       [Stairs to level 5]

         [Kasha leading and Triest in rear with raised crossbow
          leads the prisoners down the stairs.  The prisoners
          eye each other and wonder about escape.  But they are
          quelled when they see they are surrounded by men with
          weapons to their no weapons.]

      [Level 1 - Main Entrance Cave / Outside]

         [Qorz and Talz put the horses into full gallop going after
          the two females.  They follow clear prints in the grass and
          dirt and a distant, but now fading, dust cloud.  Marta
          re-enters the cave to find Thig's dogs by her and watching
          out.  They look bored.  Marta stands by the cave entrance
          and waits..She ponders if she should alert the others
          including those up the mountain.  If they are detected
          the entire party could be in jeopardy.  Being a prisoner
          herself she doesn't realize the party found out that the
          surrounding towns were emptied to not cause curiouity by
          townsfolk of the mountain....]

      [Level 6 - ]

       [Room L]

         [Caladan joins Farseeker near the door and wonders if they
         should poke their heads out to see what's going on.  But
         as Caladan leans his head forward to do that very thing,
         he is interrupted.]
        Thig [Invisible]: "Theres a guard coming this way in both
          directions.  One to the right about 100 feet and another
          to the left, your left, about 120 feet.  I don't anyone
          else but there is a hall going south."
         Neva: "Could the warning have not been heard?"
         Suresh: "Unlikely.  But its possible.  Maybe they
           are massing men somewhere?"

       [Stairs to level 5]

         [Unali hears the footsteps getting closer.  She has
          no idea how far the guard is from the door.  She
          goes on a pure guess.  At the last second she realizes
          the door opens inward.  But slightly ajar she uses her
          foot to open the door toward Jordi.  She lunges out into
          the hallway in hopes of finding the guard.  She is in
          luck when the guard is just 1 foot in front and 2 feet
          to the right of her.  The guard with sword in right
          hand sees her and turns slowly.  But Unali brings up the
          left dagger hilt and hits the guard in the chin throwing hte
          head back.  Her second dagger in right hand swings and hits
          the guard in the side of the temple doing both enough damage
          to instantly knock the guard out and to the floor.

          Jordi jumps out and is disappointed to find the guard on
          the ground but no one else around.]

       [Room L]

          [Thig turns to the sound down the hall and then laughs.]
          Thig: "Unali and Jordi to the right.  Looks like Unali
            took out one guard.  Our cover is gone now.  Might
            as well come out.  I'm going scouting..." [his voice
            fades as he moves off...forgetting about the guard to
            the left..]

           [Farseeker and Caladan file out of the room.  Neva is
            next and peers down the hall to the left.  Even with
            her good night vision the dark hall doesn't give much
            detail.  She sees some form in the distance..]

           Neva: "I see the guard.  But its not moving.  It may
             be at some door down there."
           Suresh: "Stairs?"
           Aren: "Can you take him out with your bow?"
           Neva: "Not sure.  But I'll try.."

           Farseeker: "Better split up.  For now.  Half go this way
             and half that way.  Need to check those doors there."

           [Right -
            Jordi, Unali, Chion, Caladan, Suresh, Kaylle,
           [Left -
            Farseeker, Z'leyra, Xian, Thig, Aren, Valgor, Neva

           [Neva aims carefully and wonders if Thig is in the way.]
           Neva: "Thig!" [She whispers loudly.  Hoping he is indeed
             down the other tunnel she lets the arrow fly.  It
             zooms down the 120 feet toward the dark form...]

          [Down the hall...the guard sees a mass of people leave
           one room.  She knows what could be up.  She readies
           her weapona and starts forward.  Just as a arrow hits
           her shield and impacts squarely into it.  Startled she
           looks down the hall...]

           Aren: "Did you hit?"
           Neva: "Don't know.."

           [Down the hall to the east..]

           [Unali looks to the left and sees the party exit the
            door down the hall.  She decides that area is covered
            and heads a few feet toward the right.  Chion, Caladan
            suresh and Kaylle join where Jordi is.]
           Suresh: "Help me put him in the hall here."
           [Suresh/Chion drag the body into the hall along with the
            other guard Unali took out.]

           [Caladan opens the door room/area G.  He finds a dark
            room.  The light in the hall shines in.  He enters
            and searchs it quickly to find a desk, table and
            couch.  Some kind of small office.  No one is hiding
            behind anything so he exits back to the hall..]

           [Unali and Jordi head further down the hall.  They
            find two doors.  Unali tries the door to her left (north).
            She finds it unlocked.  Jordi listens to his door and
            hears footsteps.  Before he pulls back and raises his
            weapon the door suddenly opens.  Before him a guard
            with a dagger tries to swing wildy at Jordi.  The blow
            misses by a good two inches.  Jordi being so close
            kicks the guard into the room and charges him.

            Jordi swings with sword at the guard and slices a good
            chunk of his shoulder doing 3 points.  The guard who
            is wearing leather and welding only a dagger is wearing
            a standard climan guard uniform but Jordi notices a strip
            on the shoulder.  Maybe an officer? Jordi thrusts again
            and hits the guard doing the final death blow.  Jordi looks
            around to find some kind of relaxation room or lounge...

           [Unali as with Caladan finds a empty office with no one
            there..she backs out into the hallway..]

           [The small group heads eastward.  There they find five
            choices.  Three doors and 2 hallways..]

           [At same time..]

           [Farseeker's group heads slowly westward.  Unsure of the
            guard down the hall they take it slow to avoid ambushes.
            They find more doors on the north side.  Entering some
            they continue to find small offices..all empty..They
            find the hallway going south...decision time..]

      [Level 5 - ]

       [Hallway..]

         The prisoners are escorted into the first cell room
          they find but they do not quite get there eyt.  Will
          next update.]

      [Level 1 - Outside]

        [Qorz/Talz get to the top of a large hill and look down to
         see the females on two horses heading North East.  They
         look about a mile away.  They look at each other and
         continue onward..]

      Time: Estimated  6:50am-7:05am  - Morning Day 22
      [Two minutes passes..Due to dialogue 2 not 1]

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Friday...

    Level 6 -
      [Right -
       Jordi, Unali, Chion, Caladan, Suresh, Kaylle,
      [Left -
       Farseeker, Z'leyra, Xian, Thig, Aren, Valgor, Neva
    Main cave - Spaar, Qorz, Marta, Talz, Females (2) [Level 2]
    Taking prisoners - Triest, Amin, Dex, Wi, Kasha, Ris, Shah

Level 6 - Office Level

              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
   A|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   B|%              %  D %  E %  F %  G %  H %                 %%|
   C|%  Guard seen  %    %    %    %    %    %                 %%|
   D|%    \         %%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%=%%%       %%|
   E|%      G?          FZAN                 RHJU      [       %%|
   F|%              %%%%% %%%%%%=%%%%%%=%%%=%%%%%% % %%%%       %|
   G|%                  % %%          % % Room P % % %          %|
   H|%                  % %% Room L   %g% Off.   % % %          %|
   I|%                  % %% Messhall %g%  Lounge% %            %|
   J|%                  % %%          % %%%%%%%%%%              %|
   K|%                    %%          % %%       %              %|
   L|%                    %%%%%%%%%%=%% %        %              %|
   M|%                         %%%%%    %%   Q   %              %|
   N|%                         %%W   %%  [       %              %|
   O|%                         %%%%*%%%%%%%%%%%%%%              %|
    |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

        Normal scale = each row = 20 feet.  Each column = 5 feet
        D-H = Small Offices        P = Officer Lounge
        L   = Messhall
        Q   = Priestess Lounge
        W   = Stairs down to 5
        g   = Knocked out guard
      Party
       U = Unali [E44]      J = Jordi [E43]
       H = Chion & Caladan  [E42]
       R = Suresh & Kaylle  [E41]
       F = Farseeker & Aren [E20]
       Z = Z'leyra & Xian   [E21]
       A = Aren & Valgor    [E22]
       N = Neva             [E23]
       T = Thig             [???]

  D-H ? Offices

     12345678901234567890
    |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%| Each Col=1 Foot Each Row =  5 feet
   A|%+   *    ``````  +%| % Rock/Cave Wall
   B|%  [---]           %| = Door
   C|%                ##%| ## = Couch
   D|%  *  *          ##%| [-] Desk
   E|%                  %| [=] Table
   F|%                 `%| * Seat
   G|%                 `%| ` Shelf
   H|%+ [====]     @@  +%| @ Water/Liquor table
    |%%%%%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%|

      [All offices look pretty much the same way.  With slight
       differences.  The couch is just a small one not too fancy
       but for sleeping or company if need. The bar is minimal.
       The desk is smallish and wooden.  No drawers just a desk top.
       Seats are cushioned but not too fancy.]

  P Officer Lounge

     12345678901234567
    |%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%%| Each Col=2 Foot Each Row =  5 feet
   A|%+   [====]    +%| % Rock/Cave Wall
   B|%              `%| = Door
   C|%]             `%| [==] Table
   D|%]             `%| ` Shelf
   E|%  *  *   * *   %| * Seat
   F|% [====] [===] #%| # Liquor Br
   G|%  *  *   * *   %| __ = Bookcase
   H|%+   _______   +%|  ] = Couch
    |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

     [The lounge looks like a rec room for maybe the ship or guard
      officers.  Its better furnished than the lounges seen elsewhere
      due to the cushioned seats and level of materials from silver
      mugs (not plain wood mugs), better things like cards and a better
      stocked drink bar, etc.]

     Rooms D-H are explored.  All are empty.

     For Farseeker's group you have two choices.  West or south.

     For Unali's group there are 5 choices:
        Doors - D44, D48, E51
        Halls - South at F46, F48

    Let me know where your heading.  Otherwise it'll be random.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933