[pnpgm] Game update #257 - File #449 - Turn 4: Phase 3+4 Gargoyle Combat

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Fri Mar 26 06:58:51 CET 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              FisherKing (Z'leyra's Eagle), 2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #257 in sequence (file #449)

     Admin notes:  None
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

       From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
          Jordi tries to keep advancing towards Kaylle. This time,
          he will try to place himself in I9 (just in the left of the
          two gargolyes who are blocking his advance towards Kaylle),
          yell at the two gargolyes (trying to stun them), and taking
          advantatge of the confusion, charging towards Kaylle.  Once
          Jordi reaches Kaylle position, he will do his best to
          protect Kaylle, yelling, fighting, etc...
       GM: Ack.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:16am-6:29am  - Morning Day 22

                ---------- Level 3----------------

      Turn 4: Phase 3

      [Level 4 - ]
        [Inside Hall -]

          [Thig turns and aims at point blank range at Gargoyle #29
           and hits as it penetrates her chest.  She takes 4 points
           of wounding damage..]

          [Neva has no clear shot.  So she runs forward and comes
           up alongside Z'leyra..]

          [Caladan raises his arm again at Gargoyle #23 but only
           a flicker of fire shoots out and fizzles.  The spell
           fails..]

          [Farseeker thrusts again at Gargoyle #22 but misses..
           Yep.  I'm tired.  He thinks..]

          [Triest swings toward another gargoyle #17 and hits doing
           7 points of damage but only a few are needed to kill
           the creature..]

          [Trembyl runs to the left of the cave..]

        [Outside - East side of Level - ]

          [Unali turns and shifts toward the other guard.  she
           tries to swing up high to the head with her dagger
           hilt but fails to hit the guard..]

          [The guard wildly swings hoping to hit where he heard
           the other guard go down.  The sword slices the air and
           unali brings up her other dagger in defense.  A loud
           CLANK occurs when the sword hits the middle of the
           dagger hard enough it thrusts her arm back and a
           tinging noise occurs on the dagger..]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Balrog steps over the gargoyle Triest kills and
           runs forward.  He comes up alongside Wi and swings
           on gargoyle #19 but fails to hit..]

          [Kasha swings on Gargoyle #14 but fails to hit..]

          [Wi also swings on Gargoyle #14 but doesn't hit.]

          [Chion continues to watch the battle from the door.]

          [Z'leyra glances and sees Caladan using fire magic.
           She doesn't want to get in his field so looks to
           the other side nd sees the two gargoyles nearby.
           She runs the 5 feet near Wi and Kasha and swings
           on Gargoyle #14 on the side behind Kasha. Her
           warstaff smacks the gargoyle and does 5 points
           but only needs 1 to take down..the creature falls.]

          [Jordi leaps a foot forward making a loud crunching
           noise like a hill giant walking on shells.  He
           twists his head and shouts loudly at the two
           gargoyles right there.  They screech in pain..
           Unfournately Thig is in the cone of effect and
           he screams in pain putting both hands to his ears.
           he drops his repeating crossbow with the final loaded
           bolt to fire next phase..Jordi then runs the rest
           of the way to Kaylle.  He quickly then turns with
           his back to Kaylle to protect him.]

          [Suresh swings on Gargoyle #20 but no hit again..]

          [Valgor turns and goes toward Suresh to help him.
           He swings on Gargoyle #20 with his staff but fails
           to hit as well..]

          [Gargoyle #GO leaves the wall and walks with confidence
           toward Jordi..]

          [Gargoyle #G1 also leaves the north wall and charges
           with sword toward Jordi.  He swings on Jordi who
           doesn't dodge the blow.  The sword hits but Jordi's
           scale mail blocks the damage.]

          [Gargoyle #19 tries to Spear Kasha but does not hit.]

          [Gargoyle #20 picks up the net on the dirt floor and
           quickly throws it at Valgor.  It hits but the
           net slides off him not capturing him...]

          [Gargoyle #22 thrusts at Farseeker but Farseeker dodges
           the blow..]

          [Gargoyle #23 upset at being yelled out charges straight
           for Caladan.  She thrusts her dagger at him and
           hits right in the side luckilly below the ribs doing
           5 points of damage...a wound nonetheless]

          [Gargoyle #25 turns and sees Thig.  She leaps the 3
           feet toward him and grabs the fallen repeating crossbow.
           She tries to swing her club at Thig but does not hit.]

          [Gargoyle #26 is stunned from Jordi's yell..]

          [Gargoyle #28 swings her Short sword on Thig but
           also fails to hit..]

          [Gargoyle #29 is also stunned from Jordi.]

          [Gargoyle #30 hovers down to Farseeker and then
           swings her Club at him.  But he dodges the blow.]

          [Spaar swings on Gargoyle #19 but doesn't hit.]

      Turn 4: Phase 4

      [Level 4 - ]
        [Inside Hall -]

          [Thig stunned and dazed from the shout does recover
           because of his better intelligence and spells in
           the mental arts.  So he knows methods of mental
           concentration.  But in this case he can't quickly
           think enough.  He simply flies away forgetting he
           dropped the crossbow.  He ends up against the
           north wall near Kaylle then turns and realizes
           where he is..]

          [Neva loads and aims at Gargoyle #25, fires but the
           arrow flies past the creature..]

          [Farseeker sees now he has 2 on 1.  He steps back and
           draws both hands back up and then slices the air
           down with his great sword.  He hits Gargoyle #30
           the newcomer right on her right wing and slices it
           and half her right side in pieces.  She takes 22 points
           of damage and only needs 10 to kill her..Farseeker
           thinks that's much better!]

          [Triest charges forward and sees a group trying to hit
           one gargoyle.  He gets near Wi and behind the creature.
           He thrusts his scimitar right into her back doing
           massive impaling damage.  Finally someone hits her
           and she is killed instantly..]

          [Trembyl charges toward Gargoyle #G2 on the west wall.
           He swings his tulwar but fails to hit..]

        [Outside - East side of Level - ]

          [Unali tries to swing on the guard again but fails to
           hit by a good inch..]

          [The guard swings from left to right again wildly but
           Unali deftly moves out of the way..]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Balrog leaves the groug.  Sees Caladan in trouble
           and passes behind Neva.  He rushes up alongside
           Caladan and swings sword but fails to hit..]

          [Caladan also swings at Gargoyle #23 but fails to
           hit as well.]

          [Kasha follows after Balrog and comes to his right.
           He swings his mace from his right at the Gargoyle
           but fails to hit..]

          [Wi also follows Kasha.  But in this case rounds
           the other side of Caladan and swings sword at
           Gargoyle #23 but as the others does not hit.]

          [Chion shakes his head at the group trying to hit
           one gargoyle..]

          [Z'leyra sees targets to the north but doesn't want
           to take them alone.  So she runs behind Caladan
           and Wi and comes to Wi's left side.  She does a
           wild swing with warstaff down onto the creature but
           fails to hit.]

          [Jordi turns and yells at the gargoyle right near
           him.  The cone of effect takes that gargoyle and
           #G1 nearby.  Both screech in pain.  Jordi then
           thrusts his sword and hits #G1 doing 6 points of
           damage to the creature..]

          [Suresh swings on Gargoyle #20 and hits doing enough
           damage to knock her out but not kill her.]

          [Valgor bashes down onto her head with his warstaff
           a easy hit which does kill and finish her off.]

          [Gargoyle #GO and #G1 are stunned by Jordi..]

          [Gargoyle #G2 swings his sword on Trembyl but does not
           hit at all.  He barks something out loud..]

          [Gargoyle #22 thrusts at Farseeker but Farseeker clearly
           sees the telegraphed move and critically dodges it.]

          [Gargoyle #23 stabs Caladan again right this time in the
           right arm doing 3 points past his armor..]

          [Gargoyle #25 confused by this crossbow thing drops it
           and charges toward Trembyl which ran by..]

          [Gargoyle #26 runs toward Trembyl as well..]

          [Gargoyle #29 hears a order and looks around..]

          [Spaar joins the others and now surrounds the gargoyle
           near the others #23 but fails to hit as well..]

      Time: Estimated  6:22am-6:35am  - Morning Day 22

      [Time lapse: 6 seconds - 2 phases]

        -----------Maps-------------------------

      Level 4 - ????
              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890|
   A|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%F%%%               |
   B|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%        %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  %%               |
   C|  Room  A   %%%% Room B %%% Room  E %%%%%%  %               |
   D| Gargoyle   %%%%        %%%  Guard  %%%%%%  %              |
   E|   Barracks %%% Prisoner%%%   Post  %%%%%%  %               |
   F|%           %%%   Cells%%%%%       %%%%%%%%=%               |
   G|%%         %%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%=%%   %%%%%%%  %               |
   H|%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%             %%%%%%  %    %%               |
   I|%%  g      []    g %%%%%%%%%%           %%%%%               |
   J|%%%=%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%        %%%%%%%%%%%%%                   |
   K|% Room %%%%%%% %%                                           |
   L|%g  C  %%%%%  g%%                                           |
   M|%Feed  %%%%% * %%                                           |
   N|%  Area%%%%%G%%%%                                           |
   O|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

        Each Row A-O = 20 feet up/down.  Each column = 5 feet.
        A = Gargoyle Barracks        B = Prisoner Cells
        C = Gargoyle feeding area
        E = Guard post               F = Stairs Up to 5
        G = Stairs down to 3
        % = Cave Wall               [] = Large door [I13]
        = - A door [A6, H6, G19, G30]
     Enemy Dead g = Guard [L15] [Dead]
                g = 6 dead guards from fireball [I18]
                g = 2 Dead [I5, I7] in front of barracks door
                g = 1 Dead [L2] in feeding area killed by Z'leya
                g = 12-15 Gargoyles [12 Dead from fireball, 3 unknown]
                    in feeding area.

    Room A - Gargoyle Barracks      [See below / Small map in master map]
    Room B - Prisoner Cells         [See Below]
    Room C - Gargoyle Feeding Area  [Cave Master map/website]
    Room E - Guard Post             [Cave Master Map/website]

                        ---------------------
    B - Prisoner Cells

           1234567890123456789
         |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|     Each Row    =10 feet
        A|%+       *  ``  |   %|     Ech Column  = 5 feet
        B|%      [---]    |   %|     % = Rock/cave wall
        C|%         U     |---%|     * = Seat
        D|%---|   g  G    |   %|   [-] = Desk
        E|%   |           |   %|    ## = Small Table
        F|%---|    +      |---%|     + = Torch
        G|%   |           |   %|    `` = Shelf
        H|%---|           |   %|
        I|%   |           |---%|
        J|%   |      +      ##%|
         |%%%%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%

        U = Unali  G = Guards with Shield/Swords [g=Knocked out]

                        ---------------------
    Room C - Feeding Area

        Zoom in view of the hallway...

          1         2         3
 12345678901234567890123456789012
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  ** = Fire pit [Unlit/ashes]
%\__/H \__/ K\__/  \__/  \__/  +%A % =Rock Wall
%/  \__/  \_J/G \__/  \__/  \__/%B \ =Door [Bottom row]
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%C + = Torch on wall
%G  \__/  \__/  \__/G \__/  \__/%D Scale = 1 Hex = 5 feet
%\D_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%E  Each Row = 2.5 feet
+/  \__/  \ _/**\__/  \__/  \__/%F  Each column _ = 2.5 feet
%\__/  \__/  \**/  \__/  \__/  \%G
%/  \__/G \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%H
%\__/G \__/G \__/  \__/  \__/  \%I  K = Kaylle    [A12] [Tied/Netted]
%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%J  C = Caladan   [T 9]
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  +%K  F = Farseeker [Y 2]
%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%L  R = Suresh    [d26]
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%M  B = Balrog    [T10]
%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%N  M = Kasha     [S10]
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%O  W = Wi        [T8 ]
%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%P  Q = Triest    [V18]
+\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%Q  S = Spaar     [R9 ]
%/  \__/ S\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%R  H = Thig      [A5 ]
%\__/  Z_GM  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%S  N = Neva      [U11]
%/  \__/WCB__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%T  Z = Z'leyra   [S7 ]
%\__/  \__/ N\__/  \__/  \__/  \%U  J = Jordi     [B2 ]
%/  \__/  \ _/  \ Q/  \__/  \__+%V  V = valgor    [c26]
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%W  D = Trembyl   [E2 ]
%/G \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%X   G = Each Gargoyle (See below)
%\F_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%Y  X = Chion [Door]
%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%Z
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%a
%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%b
+%__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \V_/  \+c
%%  \__/  \__/   \_/  \__/R \__+%d
%%__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  %%e
%%  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__%%f
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\X%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%g
          1     \   2         3
 12345678901234567890123456789012

                                   Off/On
                 Sex  ###  Position  Map    Status       Weapon
     Gargoyles : Male #10 -  [c11]   [Off]  [Dead]
                 Male #11 -  [F7]    [On]   [Dead]
                 Male #GO -  [D20]   [On]   [Alive] [Sword/Armor/Helm]
                 Male #G1 -  [B14]   [On]   [Alive] [Sword/Armor/Helm]
                 Male #G2 -  [D1]    [On]   [Alive] [Sword/Armor/Helm]
               Female #13 -  [a12]   [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #14 -  [U17]   [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #15 -  [f20]   [OFF]  [Dead]
               Female #16 -  [c26]   [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #17 -  [b20]   [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #18 -  [b19]   [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #19 -  [V17]   [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #20 -  [c27]   [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #22 -  [X2]    [On]   [Alive] [Hammer]
               Female #23 -  [S9 ]   [On]   [Alive] [Fighting Dagger
               Female #24 -  [N9]    [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #25 -  [I5 ]   [On]   [Alive] [Club]
               Female #26 -  [H8 ]   [On ]  [Alive]
               Female #27 -  [L15]   [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #28 -  [L16]   [On]   [Alive] [Short Sword]
               Female #29 -  [I11]   [On]   [Alive] [Mace]
               Female #30 -  [X3]    [Off]  [Dead]

             --------------------------------------

                        -------Current Locations ------

    Sea Cave  - Damon, Eri, Zenon, Anil, Kirz and Diana
    Sea Cave Entrance - Pov, Kartz [Near stairs / Standing guard]
    Main Cave - Rest in Main Entrance [Xian, Animals, Diplomats, etc.]
    Level  4  - Cholan, Trembyl, Caladan, Ris, Ayddar, Spaar,
                Neva, Valgor, Suresh, Dex, Troyis, Amin, Shah
                Jordi, Balrog, Chion, Farseeker, Thig,
                Triest,  Aren, Z'leyra, Wi, Kasha, Unali, Marta
      [Behind door] - Z'leyra, Farseeker, Thig, Jordi,
         Trembyl, Caladan, Spaar, Neva, Valgor, Suresh, Balrog,
         Kasha, Wi, Aren, Triest, Chion
      [Outside door - ] Cholan, Ayddar, Dex, Troyis, Amin, Shah,
         Unali, Marta.

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Monday...

    Forgot to ask.  Is the larger map better?

    8 Gargoyles left.  15 vs 8.  Good odds now.

    Course I think I made a mistake near the end with a missing
    Gargoyle's move.  But I'll check that next time.  It doesn't
    affect much.  Unfournately Caladan took damage this round.
    But he has help now.

    Jordi if you yell south you'll affect the entire party.
    So you only can yell at an angle going from you to the
    Firepit to Hex KL on the far right (rows K/L).

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933