[pnpgm] Game update #256 - File #448 - Turn 4: Phase 1+2 Gargoyle Combat

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Mon Mar 22 05:36:12 CET 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              FisherKing (Z'leyra's Eagle), 2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #256 in sequence (file #448)

     Admin notes:  None
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

       From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
         It looks like the gargolyes are going to do something
         intelligent, and will make a last stand around Kaylle,
         trying to use Kaylle as a lever against us...  So Jordi
         will use his voice again.  Sorry, Kaylle.  The idea is to
         stun the gargolyes near/around Kaylle, and then run towards
         Kaylle and try to place himself between Kaylle and the rest
         of the gargolyes... I hope some people follows Jordi, or he
         will have a lot of problems...
       GM: Ack.

       From Unali: [Re: Actions]
          In order to aid herself, create confusion, she will topple
          the torch stand forward, hopefully lowering the level of
          light in the room. She will take a more cautious stand,
          using one dagger defensively and one offensively and not
          leave her back unguarded.

          If she can manage to confuse the guards and use the
          darkness she will circle them and attack their back, subdual
          in that case. For now, she tries to take out one of the
          guards as quickly as possible and then concentrate on the
          other. There is no need yet to kill, but if she is hurt
          that may change. She knows she is on her own with no
          backup, so there is less room for being nice.
       GM: Ack.

       From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          If the party follows Jordi Z'leyra will accompany them.
          She continues to try to fight from the 2nd rank.
       GM: Ack.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:16am-6:29am  - Morning Day 22

                ---------- Level 3----------------

      Turn 4: Phase 1

      [Level 4 - ]
        [Inside Hall -]

          [Thig flies the few feet forward then turns and aims his
           Repeating crossbow at the Gargoyle by the wall #22. But
           the gargoyle is safe from failed attack..]

          [Neva moves around Wi and raises her bow.  She aims at
           point blank range at Gargoyle #11.  The arrow hits
           and the gargoyle falls with massive damage..]

          [Farseeker charges forward toward Gargoyle #22.  He
           swings his sword but fails to hit her..]

          [Triest turns and charges the few feet to Gargoyle #18.
           He hits doing a massive impale thrust of over twice
           the creatures hit points.. it falls]

          [Trembyl enters through the door and stops inside to examine
           the room for his course of action..]

        [Outside - East side of Level - ]

          [Unali pulls out one arm and moving forward she topples the
           torch stand.  The guards guessing this action pull up
           their shields at eye level to avoid any tar/oil that she
           may use on them.  The torch hits the dirt flow and goes
           out once it loses its fuel source and is muffled by the
           sand.  Darkness comes to the center of the room but there
           are torches elsewhere.  Unali quickly moves forward and
           shifts to the left.  Pulling up one dagger she tries to
           strike the left guard but fails to hit..]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Balrog swings on Gargoyle #17 hits but his light strike
           does not penetrate the creature's hide..]

          [Caladan lunges forward from the wall and jogs 30 feet
           to the front of the cave..]

          [Kasha moves forward and charges at Gargoyle #14.  He
           swings his mace but fails to hit..]

          [Wi charges through the crowd and comes alongside Kasha.
           He swings his sword at Gargoyle #14 and does 8 points
           of damage..]

          [Chion watches the chaos..looks like odds are improving]

          [Z'leyra comes up alongside Balrog slightly behind and tries
           a wild swing to the side of the gargoyle but fails to hit..]

          [Jordi rushes forward.  He passes Wi and Kasha and then ends
           up further down the cave.  He turns and shouts at an angle
           This instantly stuns Gargoyle #23, #24 and #25 as they
           screech in pain..]

          [Suresh charges after Gargoyle #16 and thrusts his sword
           at the creature doing 12 points of damage.  This kills
           the creature..]

          [Valgor comes to the other side of Balrog and swings his
           warstaff on Gargoyle #17 but fails to hit..]

          [Aren begins to question the prisoner..]

          [Three of the Gargoyles near the north end of the cave
           continue to bark orders at their Female partners.
           Each giving various orders on how to attack..at least
           that seems to be what they are saying..]

          [Gargoyle #14 swings his hammer on Kasha but does not hit.]

          [Gargoyle #17 swings sword at Balrog but Balrog is just
           able to dodge the strike..]

          [Gargoyle #19 moves toward Wi but fails to hit with his
           spear..]

          [Gargoyle #20 charges Suresh.  She tries to throw her
           net onto Suresh but the net goes by his side by
           inches..she is now weaponless..]

          [Gargoyle #22 swings hammer at Farseeker.  She hits
           but the blow doesn't penetrate his chainmail..]

          [Gargoyle #23, #24 and #25 are stunned by Jordi's
           sound weave..no actions..]

          [Gargoyle #26 leaves the far wall and heads to the
           center of the room..]

          [Gargoyle #27 goes to intercept Jordi and moves closer
           to him...]

          [Gargoyle #28 follows #27 to intercept Jordi..]
          [Gargoyle #29 also goes to intercept Jordi.]
          [Gargoyle #30 heads south toward Farseeker..]

          [Spaar rushes forward and comes behind Wi.  He swings
           his sword on Gargoyle #19 attacking Wi but fails to hit..]

      Turn 4: Phase 2

      [Level 4 - ]
        [Inside Hall -]

          [Thig flies the few feet forward then turns and aims his
           Repeating crossbow at the Gargoyle by the wall #22. But
           the gargoyle is safe from failed attack..]

          [Neva raises her bow.  She spots a Gargoyle stunned by
           Jordi 50 feet away.  She fires and hits! Doing 9 points
           of damage.  Almost a kill...]

          [Caladan raises his arm right at direction of two
           Gargoyles. A thin line of fire shoots out of his hands
           and jumps the 20 feet to gargoyle #24.  It hits
           the creature in the upper left shoulder nad does
           enough damage to tear a hole through it killing her.]

          [Farseeker swings on Gargoyle #22 but again he misses
           to strike...he figures he must be tiring..]

          [Triest swings on Gargoyle #18 and hits doing 5 points
           of damage..]

          [Trembyl sees Jordi running to the othe rside of the
           cave and draws his weapon.  he runs forward coming
           within about 10 feet of Jordi..]

        [Outside - East side of Level - ]

          [Unali gets behind one guard and bashes the guard in
           the back of the head iwth a dagger doing 4 points
           of subdual damage..The blow is enough to crush the
           nerve long enough to knock him out..]

          [The other guard swings wildly in front of him but
           hits nothing but thin air..]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Balrog swings on Gargoyle #17 but fails to hit..]

          [Kasha moves forward and charges at Gargoyle #14.
           Again he fails to hit..]

          [Wi swings on Gargole #14 but suddenly his wet hands
           make the hilt slide from his hand but he is able to
           grab the sword before it fumbles to the ground..]

          [Chion watches the combat.]

          [Z'leyra sees Jordi running forward.  She turns and heads
           to the left and forward behind Jordi.  She ends up
           between Trembyl and Caladan..]

          [Jordi continues forward to Kaylle.  Gets near Gargoyle
           #29 and thrusts at the creature doing 3 points of damage.]

          [Suresh swings on Gargoyle #20 and fails to hit..]

          [Valgor swings Warstaff at #17 and bashes her for 8 points
           of damage..

          [Two of the maie gargoyles continue to bark while one near
           Kaylle raises a sword and snarls at Jordi...the one
           on the far wall near Kaylle..]

          [Gargoyle #14 swings his hammer at Kasha with no hit..]

          [Gargoyle #17 swings on Balrog and hits doing 1 point o
           damage..]

          [Gargoyle #19 thrusts at Wi with spear but no hit..]

          [Gargoyle #20 with no weapon she tries to claw at
           Suresh but fails to strike him..]

          [Gargoyle #22 swings on Farseeker but does not hit..]

          [Gargoyle #24 and #25 are still stunned..]

          [Gargoyle #26 charges Jordi and swings hammer at him
           but fails to hit..]

          [Gargoyle #28 turns to see Thig and tries to also hover
           off the ground and swings at Thig with her Short
           Sword but fails to hit..]

          [Gargoyle #29 swings on Jordi but does not hit when he
           deftly but loudly dodges the strike..]

          [Gargoyle #30 heads further closer to farseeker..]

          [Spaar nervous he tries to swing sword but misses
           by a good 2 inches his target..]

      Time: Estimated  6:22am-6:35am  - Morning Day 22

      [Time lapse: 6 seconds - 2 phases]

        -----------Maps-------------------------

      Level 4 - ????
              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890|
   A|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%F%%%               |
   B|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%        %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  %%               |
   C|  Room  A   %%%% Room B %%% Room  E %%%%%%  %               |
   D| Gargoyle   %%%%        %%%  Guard  %%%%%%  %              |
   E|   Barracks %%% Prisoner%%%   Post  %%%%%%  %               |
   F|%           %%%   Cells%%%%%       %%%%%%%%=%               |
   G|%%         %%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%=%%   %%%%%%%  %               |
   H|%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%             %%%%%%  %    %%               |
   I|%%  g      []    g %%%%%%%%%%           %%%%%               |
   J|%%%=%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%        %%%%%%%%%%%%%                   |
   K|% Room %%%%%%% %%                                           |
   L|%g  C  %%%%%  g%%                                           |
   M|%Feed  %%%%% * %%                                           |
   N|%  Area%%%%%G%%%%                                           |
   O|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

        Each Row A-O = 20 feet up/down.  Each column = 5 feet.
        A = Gargoyle Barracks        B = Prisoner Cells
        C = Gargoyle feeding area
        E = Guard post               F = Stairs Up to 5
        G = Stairs down to 3
        % = Cave Wall               [] = Large door [I13]
        = - A door [A6, H6, G19, G30]
     Enemy Dead g = Guard [L15] [Dead]
                g = 6 dead guards from fireball [I18]
                g = 2 Dead [I5, I7] in front of barracks door
                g = 1 Dead [L2] in feeding area killed by Z'leya
                g = 12-15 Gargoyles [12 Dead from fireball, 3 unknown]
                    in feeding area.

    Room A - Gargoyle Barracks      [See below / Small map in master map]
    Room B - Prisoner Cells         [See Below]
    Room C - Gargoyle Feeding Area  [Cave Master map/website]
    Room E - Guard Post             [Cave Master Map/website]

                        ---------------------
    B - Prisoner Cells

           1234567890123456789
         |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|     Each Row    =10 feet
        A|%+       *  ``  |   %|     Ech Column  = 5 feet
        B|%      [---]    |   %|     % = Rock/cave wall
        C|%      U        |---%|     * = Seat
        D|%---|   g  G    |   %|   [-] = Desk
        E|%   |           |   %|    ## = Small Table
        F|%---|    +      |---%|     + = Torch
        G|%   |           |   %|    `` = Shelf
        H|%---|           |   %|
        I|%   |           |---%|
        J|%   |      +      ##%|
         |%%%%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%

        U = Unali  G = Guards with Shield/Swords [g=Knocked out]

                        ---------------------
    Room C - Feeding Area

        Zoom in view of the hallway...

          1         2         3
 12345678901234567890123456789012
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  ** = Fire pit [Unlit/ashes]
%\__/  \__/ K\__/  \G_/  \__/  +%A % =Rock Wall
%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%B \ =Door [Bottom row]
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%C + = Torch on wall
%G  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__G%D Scale = 1 Hex = 5 feet
%\_+/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%E  Each Row = 2.5 feet
+/  \__/  \ _/**\__/  \__/  \__/%F  Each column _ = 2.5 feet
%\__/  \__/  \**/  \__/  \__/  \%G
%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%H
%\__/  \__/GG\__/  \__/  \__/  \%I  K = Kaylle    [A12] [Tied/Netted]
%/  \__/  \J_/  \__/  \__/  \__/%J  C = Caladan   [T 9]
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  +%K  F = Farseeker [Y 2]
%/  \__/  \__/  G__/  \__/  \__/%L  R = Suresh    [d26]
%\__/  \__/  \_H/  \__/  \__/  \%M  B = Balrog    [c20]
%/  \__/  G__G  \__/  \__/  \__/%N  M = Kasha     [U16]
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%O  W = Wi        [V16]
%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%P  Q = Triest    [b18]
+\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%Q  S = Spaar     [W17]
%/ G\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%R  H = Thig      [M15]
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%S  N = Neva      [f11]
%/  \__/ C\__/D \__/  \__/  \__/%T  Z = Z'leyra   [U11]
%\__/  \__/Z \__MG \__/  \__/  \%U  J = Jordi     [J11]
%/  \__/  \ _/  WG_/  \__/  \__+%V  V = valgor    [c21]
%\__/  \__/  \__/S \__/  \__/  \%W  D = Trembyl   [T16]
%/G \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%X   G = Each Gargoyle (See below)
%\F_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%Y
%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%Z
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%a
%/  \__/  \__/  \_Q/G \__/  \__/%b
+%__/  \__/  \__/  \BV/  \_G/  \+c
%%  \__/  \__/   \_/  \__/R \__+%d
%%__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  %%e
%%  \__/  \N_/  \__/  \__/  \__%%f
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\ %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%g
          1     \   2         3
 12345678901234567890123456789012

                                   Off/On
                 Sex  ###  Position  Map    Status       Weapon
     Gargoyles : Male #10 -  [c11]   [Off]  [Dead]
                 Male #11 -  [F7]    [On]   [Dead]
                 Male #GO -  [D31]   [On]   [Alive] [Sword/Armor/Helm]
                 Male #G1 -  [A20]   [On]   [Alive] [Sword/Armor/Helm]
                 Male #G2 -  [D1]    [On]   [Alive] [Sword/Armor/Helm]
               Female #13 -  [a12]   [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #14 -  [U17]   [On]   [Alive] [Hammer]
               Female #15 -  [f20]   [OFF]  [Dead]
               Female #16 -  [c26]   [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #17 -  [b20]   [On]   [Alive] [Sword]
               Female #18 -  [b19]   [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #19 -  [V17]   [On]   [Alive] [Spear]
               Female #20 -  [c27]   [On]   [Alive] [Net]
               Female #22 -  [X2]    [On]   [Alive] [Hammer]
               Female #23 -  [N10]   [On]   [Alive] [Fighting Dagger
               Female #24 -  [N9]    [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #25 -  [N13]   [On]   [Alive] [Club]
               Female #26 -  [I12]   [On]   [Alive] [Hammer]
               Female #27 -  [L15]   [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #28 -  [K19]   [On]   [Alive] [Short Sword]
               Female #29 -  [I11]   [On]   [Alive] [Mace]
               Female #30 -  [R3]    [On]   [Alive] [Club]

             --------------------------------------

                        -------Current Locations ------

    Sea Cave  - Damon, Eri, Zenon, Anil, Kirz and Diana
    Sea Cave Entrance - Pov, Kartz [Near stairs / Standing guard]
    Main Cave - Rest in Main Entrance [Xian, Animals, Diplomats, etc.]
    Level  4  - Cholan, Trembyl, Caladan, Ris, Ayddar, Spaar,
                Neva, Valgor, Suresh, Dex, Troyis, Amin, Shah
                Jordi, Balrog, Chion, Farseeker, Thig,
                Triest,  Aren, Z'leyra, Wi, Kasha, Unali, Marta
      [Behind door] - Z'leyra, Farseeker, Thig, Jordi,
         Trembyl, Caladan, Spaar, Neva, Valgor, Suresh, Balrog,
         Kasha, Wi, Aren, Triest, Chion
      [Outside door - ] Cholan, Ayddar, Dex, Troyis, Amin, Shah,
         Unali, Marta.

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Friday...

    Boy that was hard.  I keep making goofs.  I had at least 4
    gargoyles on the map who shouldn't be there.  But its good
    now I hope :).  Just trying to organize it all is hard at
    times.  I hope the larger map helps.

    Looks like 14 to 14.  1:1 odds.  Rolls were good this round
    to kill off a few.

6 of them are wounded.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site