[pnpgm] Game update #252 - File #444 - Turn 2: Phase 1+2 Gargoyle Combat

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Tue Mar 9 04:35:04 CET 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              FisherKing (Z'leyra's Eagle), 2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net
     Game Update #252 in sequence (file #444)

     Admin notes:  None
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Z'leyra will grab the pair of keys and go over to the
           other door where the Marentian screaming is coming from.
           She will try to open the door hoping that someone else
           will back her up.
           {Oh man, I do not really want to risk having two teams
           attacking us...but she is a healer and responsive to the
           screams.}
        GM: Ack.

        From Sergi: [Re: Actions]
          OOC: I tried to send the following message to the
          adress pnpgm at abroere.etc, and Yahoo told me that
          the host abroere.etc doesn't exist.
          I imagine that I have done something wrong...
          Can you tell me what was my mistake, please?
        GM: No.  It was my fault.  I assumed folks would read the
          from field in the email and get the full address.  The
          Etc means ecetra (ie jargo for lazy folks who didn't
          feel like typing th efull address) :).  I'll give
          the full email address below.  Did you get a welcome msg
          from the mailing it also explained this.   See below.

        From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
          Jordi tries to kill the gargolye in front of him; again, he
          tries not to make a noise, even if he's wounded... he still
          remembers Neva's face reflecting the pain that his yell had
          produced.  Once he has killed the gargolye in front of him,
          he will try to close the gap between Kasha and Farseeker.
          As a long-term plan, he wants to place himself in the door
          to the gargolye den, and then use again his mass-destruction
          weapon against the gargolyes...
        GM: Ack.  Good call.

        From Unali: [Re: Actions]
          Unali will leave the stairs for now to themselves (as she
          suspects there may be wards like at the main entrnace, and
          goes back to the closest of the two doors in the hallway.
          She will be cautious before entering.
        GM:  Ack.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:16am-6:29am  - Morning Day 22

                ---------- Level 3----------------

      Turn 2: Phase 1

      [Level 4 - ]
        [Inside Hall -]

          [Thig hears the screams from the other door on the south
           wall.  He flies (hovers off floor really since no high
           ceiling) toward the door and tries it but finds it locked.
           He puts his repeating crossbow on his shoulder and wonders
           how to open the door.]

          [Triest drops his Heavy crossbow onto the ground and then
           pulls his sword at a fast run toward Gargoyle #1 near
           Jordi.  He thrusts and hits the creature doing 2 points
           past his hard hide but a minor wound.]

          [Farseeker swings at Gargoyle #6 but misses..he is very
           surprised at this and realizes it must be just being
           tired..he hopes..]

          [Trembyl watches Thig fly to the door.  He also heard
           something muffled and goes to the door with Arbalest
           in hand.  Thig shakes his head that he can't open it.]

        [Outside - East side of Level - ]

          [Unali closes the door and turns back to head down the
           hallway...]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Neva holds her shot again for fear of hitting the party
           fighters near the door.]

          [Balrog swings his sword at the Gargoyle in front of him
           but just misses.  Comes so close he cuts hair on the
           creature's hide..]

          [Caladan holds fire and is considering helping in
           melee combat..]

          [Kasha bashes his mace at Gargoyle #8 but misses..]

          [Chion watches the action...]

          [Z'leyra goes forward seeing a set of keys on the dead
           guard's belt that fell to the ground.  She heads the
           20 feet to the body and using her staff hits the
           keys away closer.  She grabs them then quickly backs
           away 10 feet before any creature can attack..]

          [Jordi thrusts at Gargoyle #1 again but fails to strike.]

          [Suresh swings at Gargoyle #7 and hits doing 4 points of
           minor damage..]

          [Valgor plays with the Gargoyles..diverting them from
           sending more into the other room.  He edges over to
           Kaylle and tries to inspect him..several Gargoyles
           try to attack but find their weapons go through him.]

          [Aren swings on Gargoyle #8 and hits doing 2 more minor
           points of damage to the creature with his sword..]

          [Gargoyle #1 thrusts at Jordi but fails to hit..]

           Gargoyle #5 swings his Club into Farseeker's right
            shoulder and hits but his Chainmail protects the
            full strike..

           Gargoyle #6 swings hammer at Farseeker but misses..

           Gargoyle #7 thrusts his Fighting dagger at Balrog but
             does not hit..

           Gargoyle #8 swings his fighting dagger at Kasha for the
             3rd time however fails to hit..

           Gargoyle #9 swings at Suresh but fails to hit..

          [Spaar swings sword on Gargoyle #6 but fails to hit..

         GM: Man that round sucked.  Only two hits and everyone
          else rolled sucky! Sorry!

      Turn 2: Phase 2

      [Level 4 - ]
        [Inside Hall -]

          [Thig sees Z'leyra grab keys and motions for her to
           hurry..]

          [Triest thrusts at Gargoyle #1 but fails to hit..]

          [Farseeker his Great Sword on Gargoyle #6 in front of
           Balrog and hits doing 11 points in a massive strike..
           he grins..thinking that's more like it.  The creature
           falls to the ground dead..]

          [Trembyl waits patiently for Z'leyra but stomps his
           foot on the ground..]

        [Outside - East side of Level - ]

          [Unali continues back westward..]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Neva sees another Gargoyle falls.  She looks over her
           shoulder and wonders why Chion is just standing there..]

          [Balrog swings on Gargoyle #5 near him and hits for 3
           minor damage..]

          [Caladan lowers his crossbow...and watches..]

          [Kasha bashes his Mace on top of Gargoyle #8's head
           and it penetrates the skull doing a massive 19 points
           of damage..to the creautre who only needed 6 to
           kill..brain matter flies all over the wall..the
           creature falls dead of course..]

          [Chion watches the action...]

          [Z'leyra gets to the door and inserts the first key.  It
           unlocks quickly.  Thig eases the door open.  Finding
           no attacker opens it wider...Z'leyra sees a large room
           and it has gargoyles in it...]

          [Jordi thrust sword at Gargoyle #1 qnd hits doing the
           final damage to kill the gargoyle..]

          [Suresh swings at Gargoyle #7 but fails to hit..]

          [Valgor stands over Kaylle.  He sees him breathing but
           not being able to touch him doens't know if he
           is wounded or not..]

          [Aren swings on Gargoyle #8 but fails to strike..]

           Gargoyle #5 club at Farseeker but does not hit..]

           Gargoyle #7 thrusts his Fighting dagger at Balrog
            but Balrog dodges the strike..

           Gargoyle #9 swings at Suresh but fails to hit..

          [Spaar swings sword on Gargoyle #7 but fails to hit..

      Time: Estimated  6:22am-6:35am  - Morning Day 22

      [Time lapse: 6 seconds - 2 phases]

        -----------Maps-------------------------

      Level 4 - ????
              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890|
   A|                                                            |
   B|                                                            |
   C|                                                            |
   D|                     /Doors                                |
   E|                    /      \                                |
   F|%           %%%    /        \            %%=%               |
   G|%%          %%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%=%%   %%%%%%%  %               |
   H|%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%             %%%%%%  %    %%               |
   I|%% J1 2FZTP[\    g %%%%%%%%%%          U%%%%%               |
   J|%%%=%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%        %%%%%%%%%%%%%                   |
   K|%          %%% %%                                           |
   L|% Room C   %  g%%                                           |
   M|%   Stairs % * %%                                           |
   N|%  down -->%G%%%%                                           |
   O|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

        Each Row A-O = 20 feet up/down.  Each column = 5 feet.
   Room G = Stairs down to 3   % = Cave Wall
        = - A door [G19, G30]
       [] = Large door [I13]
        g = Guard [L15] [Dead]
        g = 6 dead guards [I18]

        Zoom in view of the hallway...

          1         2         3         4
 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%A
%\__/  \__/  \J /K GA_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%B % =Rock Wall
%/  \__/  \__/ Q G GR \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ %C = =Door [F1, B10]
%\__/  \__/  \__/FBS__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%D \ =Large Door [O5]
%/  \__/  \__/W \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ \E Scale = 1 Hex = 5 feet
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/N \__/  \__/  \_%F  Each Row = 5 feet
%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ %G  Each column _ = 5 feet
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_E/  \__/  \_%H
%/  \HZT  \__/  \__/C \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ %I
%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%J

   Z = Z'leyra [I6]    F = Farseeker [D17]  H = Thig    [I5]
   J = Jordi   [B14]   T = Trembyl   [I7]   C = Caladan [I20]
   S = Spaar   [D19]   N = Neva      [G29]  V = Valgor  Off map
   R = Suresh  [C20]   B = Balrog    [D18]  K = Kasha   [B17]
   W = Wi      [E14]   A = Aren      [B20]  Q = Triest  [C15]
   Z = Chion   [H33]

 Enemy = Guard #1           [B15] [Dead]  [Not on map]
         Gaurd #2           [B20] [Dead]  [Not on map]
         Female Gargoyle #1 [C17] [Dead]  [Not on map]
         Male Gargoyle #2   [C16] [Dead]  [Not on map]
         Male Gargoyle #1   [B15] [Dead]  [Not on map]
         Male Gargoyle #3   [C17] [Dead]  [Not on Map]
         Male Gargoyle #4   [C16] [Down]  [Not on Map]
         Male Gargoyle #5   [C17] [Alive] [On Map]  Club
         Male Gargoyle #6   [C18] [Dead]  [Not on Map]
         Male Gargoyle #7   [C19] [Alive] [On Map]  Fighting Dagger
         Male Gargoyle #8   [B18] [Dead]  [Not on Map]
         Male Gargoyle #9   [B19] [Alive] [On Map]  Fighting Dagger

   C - Gargoyle Feeding Area

           1234567890123456789
         |%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|     Each Row    =10 feet
        A|%+         g        %|     Ech Column  = 5 feet
        B|%     g           ..%|     % = Rock/cave wall
        C|%G  g    ***  g   g.%|     . = Bones
        D|%                  .%|     + = Dim Torch
        E|%  g..g  g  g   gg  %|     * = Firepit
        F|% g....       ggg  +%| G=Guard & Human
         |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% g = Gargoyle

                --------------------------------------

                        -------Current Locations ------

    Sea Cave  - Damon, Eri, Zenon, Anil, Kirz and Diana
    Sea Cave Entrance - Pov, Kartz [Near stairs / Standing guard]
    Main Cave - Rest in Main Entrance [Xian, Animals, Diplomats, etc.]
    Level  4  - Cholan, Trembyl, Caladan, Ris, Ayddar, Spaar,
                Neva, Valgor, Suresh, Dex, Troyis, Amin, Shah
                Jordi, Balrog, Chion, Farseeker, Thig,
                Triest,  Aren, Z'leyra, Wi, Kasha, Unali, Marta
      [Behind door] - Z'leyra, Farseeker, Thig, Jordi,
         Trembyl, Caladan, Spaar, Neva, Valgor, Suresh, Balrog,
         Kasha, Wi, Aren, Triest, Chion
      [Outside door - ] Cholan, Ayddar, Dex, Troyis, Amin, Shah,
         Unali, Marta.

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Friday...

    Ok.  My good on the mailing list.

        pnpgm at softhome.net - private actions/private email.

    That's what i posted last time.  Fro the mailing address the
    full email address is
        pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl
    If I have that typed wrong look in the email header.  There
    are links there to the list and info pages.

    Unali will reach the first door by end of the next update.

    For the new room see Map C above.

    Between thig and Z'leyra both of you see a bunch of Gargoyles.
    But most seem to be eating or munching down on food or...things?
    There are a couple roaming around  There is a torch on the NW
    and SE corners which give some light.  In the center of the
    room is a firepit with hot coals and a light fire with a pit
    of some kind over it with something warming.  There is a bit
    o smoke from the fire but as with the torches in teh complex you
    assume there are some hidden vents for the ventilation?

    At any rate as you open the door you see a Human Guard.  He
    is wearing Chainmail, helmet, dagger on belt.  He has a sword
    in hand.  Directly under him is a another human male.  The
    guard is standing with his left shoulder against the wall.
    With one sword in his right hand at the ready he has a dagger
    in his left hand at the throat o the other human.  The
    other one in being held is on the ground sitting up with
    legs to the door.  His arms seem limp.  The human is alive
    and eyes are wide open upon seeing the door open.  He tries
    to yell but the dagger stops it.  The guard is apparently
    using him as a shield against the invaders.  Oddly, he seems
    at ease the other gargoyles.  But you susepct based onthe
    things on the floor like bones..and is that a human skull
    in the distance?..that this is a feeding area.  The guard
    must've been taken him here when the party arrived in the
    other room.  Probably as the creatures new food source?
    It seems the only gargoyles to notice the door and the
    guard/human are at B6 and C4.  The human is in danger.
    It must've been him who hollered.  Unless the guard
    knows Marentian?  But he is wearing the typical grey
    clothing the climans are wearing.  The human on the ground
    is wearing a bit of raggedy brown clothing.  There seems
    only one way out of the room.  From the looks on the
    gaurd's face he didn't expect a Faerry to be standing at
    the door with a female at its side.  So the guard must've
    not known of the attack outside.

    You could close and lock the door.  Course the human
    may be dead if those two garoyles near him have any
    say.  Assuming the guard lets up his human shield that is.

    Trembyl peers in the door and sees the Humans and creatures.
    He steps back and turns to Caladan.  "Caladan!  Fireball time!"

    If the description isn't good let me know.  I hope I didn't
    miss out anything.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933