[pnpgm] Game update #250 - File #442 - Turn 1: Phase 1+2 Gargoyle Combat

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Tue Mar 2 05:38:25 CET 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              FisherKing (Z'leyra's Eagle), 2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net
     Game Update #250 in sequence (file #442)

     Admin notes:  None
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

        From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
          I'm lucky!!!! An abysmal failure, and still in good
          conditions!!!!  Okey, Jordi only has a logical action to
          do now: try to kill     the guards.  And I will take
          advantatge of the side effect of the abysmal failure:
          if Jordi's mouth is, during the fight, near the ear of
          the poor guard... JORDI WILL YELL LIKE A MONSTER!!!!!!
          but only if the door to the rest of the complex is
          closed... we don't want that all the clymans discover that
          there is a raid on their complex, do we?(Perhaps Jordi
          stuns the guard :-) ).  Remember, there aren't no such
          thing as obsolete or useless weapons... just unimaginative
          uses of them...
        GM:  Ack.  Door is closed.  Good use of a failure! :)

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra yells <in Marentian> "Hold them at the doorway so
          only one or two of them can fight at a time!" Z'leyra will
          fight from the second rank and use the reach of her staff
          to reach past those in the front rank of fighters. She will
          be offensive with the EL unless she is being attacked, then
          defensive.
        GM: Ack.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:16am-6:29am  - Morning Day 22

                ---------- Level 3----------------

      Turn 1: Phase 1

      [Level 4 - ]
        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Thig takes a look at the situation and who is doing what
           and who the enemy is.  It looks like the guard is being
           taken care of.  He sniffs the air and hears gutteral
           words he seems to recognize...gargoyles!  He looks down
           the hall and notices what must be a door so they must
           be in that room.  He casts mana for a spell and looks
           to the wall itself..]

          [Farseeker thrusts his great sword into the side of the
           Pikeman doing minor damage but its enough to take down
           the alredy wounded guard.  He falls to the dirt..]

          [Triest gets into position and walks forward with his
           heavy crossbow.  He stands along the south wall and
           looks directly at the door for a good shot.  He knows
           he may only have one before it goes to melee..]

          [Trembyl follows behind Triest with his Arbalest and
           also stands to the back wall ready for combat..]

        [Outside - East side of Level - ]

          [Unali continues eastward and notices the tunnel edges
           to the north slightly..]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Neva also takes a position with her bow on the south
           side of the hall waiting for combat..]

          [Balrog sees Farseeker swinging on the Pikeman and
           charges to the door to see what is there.  There
           he quickly finds a storm of Gargoyles charging..he
           tries to grab hold of the door but is blocked by
           the weight of a few gargoyles..]

          [Caladan sees the others and with his composite bow in
           hand charges alongside Trembyl and stands back against
           the south wall for combat.  He also tries to figure
           out if any magic is needed in this tight space.]

          [Wi charges forward with sword in hand and thrusts it
           through the door to scare off the gargoyles but
            it just seems to make them madder..]

          [Kasha charges forward with his mace and tries to help
           the others kick the creatures out with his shoulder
           but the weight of the creatures is overwhelming..]

          [Chion watches the action...]

        [Outside the large door - ]

          [Cholan stares at the door and then back at the others
           wondering what to do.]
          GM: No posted actions no actions.  :<

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Z'leyra shouts her order to close the door but sees
           that at least 3 are trying that right now.  She
           glances behind and sees at least 4 archers.  She
           steps back and to the left so to avoid boing a
           target for them and waits with her staff..]

          [Jordi finally moves and every movement he takes
           makes some high pitched CRUNCH, SWISH, SWASH,
           or ZING noise for some reason.  He walks to the
           one guard who is still up and leans forward behind
           him.  He then gets close to the guard's ear and
           shouts.  He yells some ancient battle cry but the
           sheer high pitch noise and volume of it causes the
           guard to fetch to the left side (toward north
           wall) and slam against the wall.  The guard takes
           1 point of damage in his head from the ear drum
           exploding.  He then takes 3 more points when Jordi
           swings his sword right for him.  This takes the
           guard down and he falls to the floor with his shield,
           helmet and weapons flying in all directions..

           Unfournately the sheer noise is so loud that it
           causes sound shock waves to echoes  against the
           wall and bounce in all directions.  Everyone in
           the room takes 1-3 points of subdual/stun damage.
           NOT physical damage but its as if being slapped
           with a large fist.  Its more stun damage. Everyone
           gets some random form of the damage (1-3).  But
           neva with her sensitive ears seems to cry out and
           hold her ears slightly more but then relents when
           Jordi stops yelling.  When the sowrd also impacted
           against the guard it sounded like a large clap like
           a boulder hitting the ground from 500 feet up.

           Also the rock wall in front of Jordi seems to crumble
           ever so slightly as rock, dust and sand fall from the
           ceiling.  It still holds though.]

        [Outside the large door - ]

          [Troyis looks to the others and sees the large door
           closed.  He knows likely no one here has the skill
           to open it...]
          Troyis: "I don't like this."

          Ayddar: "Maybe we should take our chances and leave?"

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Suresh come forward to help the others at the door.
           But is blocked by Balrog..]

          [Valgor comes along th enorth wall and readies his
           Warstaff to bash any creature that comes in..]

        [Outside the large door - ]

          Shah: "I don't like this."
          Amin: "hmm..." [he looks around nervously]
          Dex: "We don't belong here!"
          [Course all the diplomats say the above but in
           their own native languages since they are stressed
           they forget to try a common tongue..so no one
           quite understands the others though the way they
           act they seem to by body langauge.]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Aren stands along the back wall and readies for
           some melee fighting..]

        [Outside the large door - ]

          [Marta is concerned but suddenly becomes more brave
           and tries to calm the others with soothing words..]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Suddenly a large crowd of male gargoyles surge
           forward.  They push the female gargoyle through the
           door and into the hallway.  Then three males
           emerge into the hallway.  Now 4 gargoyles are
           in the hallway.  Wi and Balrog are pushed back
           about 4 feet each from the surge of bodies...]

          [Two of the males get first strike.

           Gargoyle #1 near Wi and Farseeker uses his spear
             toward Wi but fails to hit...

           Gargoyle #2 near Valgor and Suresh turns and swings
             his axe on Valgor and hits.  Valgor does not
             dodge.  But Valgor's chainmail blocks the damage.]

           Gargoyle #3 in doorframe gets no attack this phase.]

          [Spaar in the corner near the door sees the Gargoyles
           and becomes hesitant not ever seen such foul looking
           winged creatures...]

          [The female gargoyle (#12) who was pushed in by
           the others swings her axe at Balrog but fails to
           hit by inches..]

      Turn 1: Phase 2

      [Level 4 - ]
        [Inside Hall -]

          [Thig hovers a feet up and then casts his spell and
           charges the wall but suddenly SPLAT...smacks the
           wall..he becomes flat against the wall stunned that
           he isn't flying through it...how dare his magic fail
           he thinks!]

          [Farseeker thrusts his great sword into the female guard
           directly in front of him and does 13 points of damage
           to the creature killing her instantly..]

          [Triest and Trembyl attempt to raise their weapons to
           fire but their ranged weapons are blocked by the
           fighters in front of them..no good shots..but
           they stand ready.]

        [Outside - East side of Level - ]

          [Unali continues eastward she sees the dark tunnel going
           northward now...]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Neva recovers from the noise but doesn't see a good
           shot with her bow as well..]

          [Balrog thrusts his short sword at Gargoyle #2 and
           hits doing 5 points of wounding damage..]

          [Caladan has no aim as well with his composite bow..]

          [Wi swings his sword at Gargoyle #1 with the spear
           hits but doesn't penetrate its thick hide..]

          [Kasha swings his mace at Gargoyle #2 but fails to hit..]

          [Chion watches the action...]

        [Outside the large door - ]

          [Cholan listens to the diplomats..]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Z'leyra stretches and bashes with her war staff
           Gargoyle #1 but fails to hit..]

          [Jordi turns and thrusts at Gargoyle #1 hits and
           does a minor wound of 4 points..]

        [Outside the large door - ]

          [Troyis and Ayddar jabber back and forth...]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Suresh swings his sword on the Gargoyle #2 attacking
           Valgor and hits doing a few minor points of damage.]

          [Valgor lifts his warstaff and bashes Gargoyle #2 and
           hits so hard it crushes bones doing 11 points of
           damage...killing the gargoyle..]

        [Outside the large door - ]

          [Shah, Amin, Dex all nervous begin to rant and rave..]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Aren watches Thig and wonders what is wrong with him.
           Then watches the action not wanting to get in a clog
           of bodies in one location yet.]

        [Outside the large door - ]

          [Marta continues to try to calm the others...]

        [Inside Hall - ]

999
          [Gargoyle #1 turns with spear in hand and thrusts at
           Jordi but fails to hit..]

          [Gargoyle #3 charges Farseeker but fails to hit with
           his short sword..]

          [Spaar sees that that 2 were killed quickly and
           begins to get braver and more confident but does not
           act at this phase..]

          [Suddenly the door at J4 on the south wall opens begins
           to shake and rattle.  It looks secure.  Its a wooden
           door with a large metal lock but no bar like the
           gargoyle den door.  But it continues to shake.  It
           seems something wants out..??]

      Time: Estimated  6:22am-6:35am  - Morning Day 22

      [Time lapse: 6 seconds - 2 phases]

        -----------Maps-------------------------

      Level 4 - ????
              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890|
   A|                                                            |
   B|                                                            |
   C|                                                            |
   D|                                                            |
   E|                                                            |
   F|%           %%%                         %  %                |
   G|%%          %%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%=%%   %%%%%%  %                |
   H|%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%             %%%%%%  %U   %                |
   I|%% J1 2FZTP[\    g %%%%%%%%%%           %%%%                |
   J|%%%=%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%        %%%%%%%%%%%%%                   |
   K|%          %%% %%                                           |
   L|%          %  g%%                                           |
   M|%   Stairs % * %%                                           |
   N|%  down -->%G%%%%                                           |
   O|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

        Zoom in view of the hallway...

1%%A%%B%%C%/D%%E%%F%%G%
2%__/  \_JGGGV__/ H\__%   = Door (by D) Also A6   A=G Hexs 1-7 Row
3%  \__/ WFBKR  \__/  %                         Scale 1 hex = 10 feet
4%__/  Z__/  \__/  \__/ < Door                  Each line = 5 feet
5%  \__/Q \TC/N \ A S%   Z=Z'leyra F=Farseeker H=Thig
6%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|   J= Jordi  =Gargoyle
7---------------------|   T = Trembyl C=Caladan
        S= Spaar  N=Neva    V=Valgor
        R= Suresh B=Balrog  K=Kasha
        W= Wi     A=Aren    Q=Triest  H = Chion
        G=Gargoyle [Doorframe]

        Each Row A-O = 20 feet up/down.  Each column = 5 feet.
   Room G = Stairs down to 3   % = Cave Wall
        = - A door [G19, G30]
       [] = Large door [I13]
        g = Guard [L15] [Dead]
        C = Caladan [I16]
        g = 6 dead guards [I18]
        U = Unali [I32]

                --------------------------------------

                        -------Current Locations ------

    Sea Cave  - Damon, Eri, Zenon, Anil, Kirz and Diana
    Sea Cave Entrance - Pov, Kartz [Near stairs / Standing guard]
    Main Cave - Rest in Main Entrance [Xian, Animals, Diplomats, etc.]
    Level  4  - Cholan, Trembyl, Caladan, Ris, Ayddar, Spaar,
                Neva, Valgor, Suresh, Dex, Troyis, Amin, Shah
                Jordi, Balrog, Chion, Farseeker, Thig,
                Triest,  Aren, Z'leyra, Wi, Kasha, Unali, Marta
      [Behind door] - Z'leyra, Farseeker, Thig, Jordi,
         Trembyl, Caladan, Spaar, Neva, Valgor, Suresh, Balrog,
         Kasha, Wi, Aren, Triest, Chion
      [Outside door - ] Cholan, Ayddar, Dex, Troyis, Amin, Shah,
         Unali, Marta.

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Friday...

    Ok.  The small zoom map is probably hard to follow.  So what
    I'll do is make a larger hex map.  Maybe scale of 1 hex equals
    1 foot. Hmm..no that's a large map not enough room on screen.
    Let's see.  Maybe 5 feet per hex.  That'll be 12 hexes by 4
    or 5 hexes.  I could do that.  Might be easier to read.

    Right now female and gargoyle male are dead.  One near jordi (C2)
    has spear.  The other one in front of farseeker is one space
    to his right.  I removed guard #1 and 2 off map for clutter
    sakes.  I'll do that with the gargoyles as well.  For now
    try to get actions in till I get a better improved map.

        The movement order above is how folks will tend to move..

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933