[pnpgm] Game update #282 - File #475 - Combat beigns on level 7

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Tue Jun 22 05:28:18 CEST 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Dead  /Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or
<http://www.powersandperils.org/>www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #282 in sequence (file #475)

     Admin notes:  Grr..typoes..spelling errors.  I noticed a few
     after I posted it.  Oh well.  Sometimes I get tired and do
     the updates near bedtime.  But at least the meaning is there :)
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

        From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
          This is what Jordi will try to do:
           Move silently, trying to bypass the guards, and try  to
           reach I28-I29, so the guards will be trapped between
           Jordi and the party. Two options then:

           -If there is plenty of time, try to discover what lies
            round the corner; then, return to backstab the last guard.

           -If there isn't plenty of time, backstab the last guard.
            "Last guard" stands for the western guard. Jordi's
            objective is to avoid that someone can escape and raise
            the alarm to the rest of the complex.

           I assume that once combat begins, Jordi will left Xian,
           and Jordi    will be visible.  However, the first guard
           Jordi attacks will be  ambushed (and probably will
           die/sustain a grievous wound).  The idea is to resist
           while the rest of the group kills the rest of the guards,
           and Xian covers Jordi's back.
       GM: Ack.  If it goes to plan :) (Evil grin)

       From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Clearly saying the password 'Stockade', Z'leyra joins
           those past the ward. With shield and axe she is ready
           to fight and plans to doubleteam Farseeker's or other's
           opponents, preferably on the flank or rear. [She knows
           that she is not a fighter of legendary quality, just
           slightly better than your average guard. So she will do
           what she can to improve the odds.]
       GM: Ack.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  7:07am-7:22am  - Morning Day 22

      [Level 6]

         [Room M]

           [Thig gathers figures there is nothing else of importance
            here.  He decides to go search the others.  But he knows
            he'll miss the fun on the upper level so starts to fly
            toward the stairs but it'll take him a while.]

         [South-East Hallway]

            [A lone figure moves sliently among the darkness and
             stays alert..then moves toward the stairs going up
             to level 7 when no one is in sight..]

      [Level 7]

         Aren: "If that guard is right at the door how will you get
           by him?"
         Xian: "Good question.  We'll play it as it goes.  We'll
           both move fast down the hall.  When you hear a fight or
           a yell start come out and do your thing.  Jordi, let's
           move..."

       Turn 0: Phase 0 [Initial setup]

         [Xian opens the door quietly and peers out.  The guard has
          moved! The door slightly creaks.  Murmurs of talk can be
          heard down the hall.  Seems the guards are talking among
          themselves.  Xian and Jordi quietly slip out into the
          hall and stare down the hall.  The guard right by the hall
          is now only 5 feet away looking west.  Xian and Jordi
          quietly walk down the hall slowly.  They pass the first
          guard.  Luckilly the hall is 20 feet wide so its
          easy to hug the wall and avoid them.]

       Turn 0: Phase 1

         [Xian and Jordi pass another guard who are collected
          together in a group of 3.  They hear them talking
          in climan...]

         Guard: "...the sacriface is soon?"
         Guard: "Yes some barbarian dope."

         [Xian and Jordi end the phase in the middle o the 3 at
          least side by side of the guards.]

       Turn 0: Phase 2

         [Xian and Jordi leave the group and head to the west most
          guard.  As they walk they notice the guard shuffle this
          way slightly.  The guard looks over to the west to
          see if anyone is there or nearby.  Maybe expecting
          someone? Or hoping their talking won't be caught?  As
          the two move Jordi notices for the first time there are
          unlit torches on the walls.  There are lit torches
          about every 10 feet on each side of the wall that covers
          a good 10 feet area in light.  But these are not lit
          and stand near the guard about 10 feet in front of them
          and near the guard.  On both side of the wall.  Jordi
          tries to sense magic.  But the stench of evil magic seems
          to overwhelm his senses in this high place.  Also being
          so close to Xian and the active spell doesn't help.  But
          as soon as Jordi nears closer he does sense magic.  He
          halts the movement and stops Xian who understands and
          stops.  Jordi concentrates on the torches which now he
          can see better.  Seems on top is a green strip around the
          top base of the torch stand.  The magic is weak.  Good.
          Maybe its not offensive.  Jordi dare not speak even a
          whisper or he'll be heard by the guards.  Jordi looks
          back to see the guards still talking.  Unsure of what
          to do he turns his head just in time to notice the unlit
          torches light up.  But instead oa a firey red/yellow
          flame its a pure greenish hue flame.  Pretty.  That's
          all? Xian sees the torches now as well.  But as both
          decide what to do they hear..]

         Guard: "Intruders!" [from behind them]

         [Jordi looks back then as his head sees where Xian should
          be he sees Xian in a greenish hue haze!  Jordi looks down
          to himself and sees the same thing.  He silently curses
          and knows its some anti-invisiblity magic.  Now its a
          pure fight.  Xian releases Jordi and grabs from the
          other hand his Arbalest in both hands.   Jordi draws
          up his sword and charges straight for the west guard.]

       [Phase 3/4 not done since had to do a setup]
       Turn 1: Phase 1 [Combat begins]

        [Farseeker hears the yell and charges out the door first.
         Without knowing the layout of guards he charges the first
          he sees with his great sword leveled.  Unfournately its
          the guard that was near the door.  Before the guard
          knows it the sword plunges through the back of the guard
          and halfway through him.  Doing 10 points of damage the
          guards falls to the ground.  Unconscious but surely with
          that would will die..His bow and sword fall to the ground.]

         [Triest comes out next with heavy crossbow in hand.  He
          takes up the east wall and hugs it to his back and aims
          for any targets but especially targets that may reinforce
          the others..]

         [Neva and Caladan come out next with Bow and composite bow
          ready.  They join Triest against the wall and ready for
          backing up the warriors.]

         [Wi charges through the door with sword in hand and charges
          the group of three but doesn't reach there.]

         [Chion holds the door open for the others and stands there.]
         GM: Need actions :)

         [Kasha and Cholan charge forward into the fray but don't
          reach targets this phase.]

        [Z'leyra comes out with shield and axe ready and joins behind
         Kasha and Cholan.]

        [Jordi charges forward to the west guard with sword in hand
         and thrusts it at the guard.  But in the distraction of
         the hue and other things he misses the guard by inches.]

        [Suresh hurries out and joins behind Z'leyra.]

        [Guard #1 with Sling in belt, Mace in hand and wearing
         Leather swings mace at Jordi and hits squarely on his
         side but the elven scale mail protects the full damage.
         This angers Jordi since this must be the first time he
         has been hit in days...]

        [Guard #3 with throwing daggers in belt, sword and wearing
         leather sees the mass of enemy.  He chooses a target
         at random (d6-6 targets) and charges Cholan with sword.
         He swings and hits but Cholan's quilted and ring armor

        [Amin, Dex and Aren charge out and get to th esouth side
         of the hallway but no targets this phase.]
         protects the full strike.]

        [Guard #2 charges Diplomat Amin and does a major wound with
         the sword on his left arm doing 5 points of damage.  Amin
         yelps in pain.]

        [Xian moves forward behind the guard and covers the way to
         the west hallway area with his arbalest.  Xian is stil
         in his green hue but visible as well as Jordi.]

        [Guard #4 charges with Tulwar and wearing leather straight
         for Z'leyra.  He thrusts the tulwar but it slips between
         Kasha and Z'leyra and misses entirely.]

      [Meanwhile outside in the stairs hallway..]

        [Ris sees a lone figure approach and raises his sword...to
         his surprise he sees Unali walking this way..]

        Ris: "how?"
        [Unali shakes her head and says no time and asks where
         the others are..Ris quickly explains and gives her
         the password to move on.]

      [Ten seconds pass...]

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Friday....

    Level 6 - Thig, Kaylle [Searching rooms], Valgor [Dead], Trembyl
    Level 7 -
       Unali??, Chion, Caladan, Suresh, Farseeker, Xian
       Aren, Amin, Dex, Wi, Kasha, Ris, Shah, Cholan
       Jordi, Z'leyra, Neva, Triest
    Main cave - Spaar, Qorz, Marta, Talz, Females (2) [Level 2]

Level 7 - ???

              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
   A|%                                           %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   B|%                                           %%   *%%%%%%%%%%|
   C|%                                           %% %%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   D|%                                           %%       T%%%%%%|
   E|%                                           %%%%%%%% %%%%%%%|
   F|%                                          %%%P      %%%%%%%|
   G|%                                         %%PPP%%=%%%%%%%%%%|
   H|%                        %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%==%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   I|%                        %     G      GGG G  %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   J|%                          %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

    The * is the stair entrance to 6.
    P = Xian, Jordi, Neva, Aren, Farseeker and others joining..
    T = The gem or whatever inlaid against that fall wall.
    G = Guard estimated positions.  I45 Guard definite.
        I45 Guard Bow, Sword, Leather.  Bow on shoulder and Sword
        in hand.  Wearing leather.

    Jordi sees the guard as Xian did.  Only leather for a guard
    this high?  When level 5 had some in chain and plate?  Odd.

   Hallway zoom in map----

  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H I   J  K
%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%/\%%0   Doors = B0, G0, G6, E0 [Stairs]
%__/  X__/  \__/  \__/ KZV_/  \__/%%1   % = Rock Wall
%  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_4Q 5F__/  N%%2  Scale = 1 Hex = 10 feet
%__/  \__1J \__/  \__/ 3\__/  \__R%%3   Each _ = 5 feet Each line = 5 feet
%  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_WL  \__/  C%%4   1-5 = Guard # position
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/2AD__/  \__/%%5
  %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%%%6    5 = [Unconscious/dead]
/|\
 West hallway to ?

      F = Farseeker [J2]     N = Neva     [K2]
      R = Triest    [K3]     C = Caladan  [K4]
      W = Wi        [H4]     H = Chion    [K0]
      K = Kasha     [H1]     Q = Cholan   [I2]
      Z = Z'leyra   [I1]     J = Jordi    [D3]
      X = Xian      [C1]     A = Amin     [H5]
      D = Dex       [I5]     L = Aren     [I5]
      V = Suresh    [I1]

      1 = Guard     [C3]     2 = Guard     [H5]
      3 = Guard     [H3]     4 = Guard     [H2]

    Wanted to just do a phase this round.  Will do 2 friday.  So
    actions let me know.  Clearly this is a victory since the
    enemy is outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1.  So it will be obvious.
    Or will it?

    The larger map is not updated position wise.  It will at
    the end of the combat.  For now use the zoom in map.

    Chion I forgot to do the healing.  I just did but the first
    spell failed.  Do you want to retry?  No one has offered
    a regeneration spell.  I can do this pre-active before the
    combat begins so it won't be a problem.

    If you guys haven't noticed there are 3 doors in the hallway.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933