[pnpgm] Game update #279 - File #472 - What to do now?

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Fri Jun 11 05:11:33 CEST 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Dead  /Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or
<http://www.powersandperils.org/>www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #279 in sequence (file #472)

     Admin notes:  None
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
           What is the X on Chion's # of heals for the day? Has he
           NOT healed himself at all today? If so, give him a double
           dose... lol.

           Chion will comment to Thig, "Sometimes you have to be
           somewhere you cannot possibly be in order to succeed." in
           his usual stoic manner... probably in his native tounge
           since he's to tired to bother with Climan at first. Then
           he'll add, "The scroll on the desk would be a whirlwind
           spell... bad timing on my part... thanks for the help...
           maybe your "friend" can open a hole in the wall in the
           oposing room to let the party through..."
        GM: Actually I did some research.  File #432 shows damage
           to you of 26 and no healings in that report.  Then #452
           shows 20 points of damage and the X.  So its obvious
           you did heal and the X was likely a 1 in typo.  So you
           have 1 healing.  Do you want the possible leathal 2nd dose?
           Friend do you mean the shadow creature thing?  That
           was Xian.  Not Thig.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:59am-7:14am  - Morning Day 22

      [Level 6]

         [West Hallway - Room M]

           [Thig looks at the three dead and at the messy room then
            hears Chion.  Probably took weak he needs to get back.]
           Thig: "Be right back." [then he flies off]

           [Chion looks around the darker room.  Now the desk candles
            are gone.  He crawls to the dead priestess and searches
            her body for anything of value.  He finds a coin bag
            with 15 silver climan coins in them.  He pockets that and
            then notices on her neck a small amulet.  Might be of
            some value?  He takes it off her neck and places it in
            a belt pouch.  Then he sits up against the wall and rests.]

         [West Hallway - North Hallway]

            [Farseeker hears Kaylle explain the scroll of the password
             ward then turns to the others.]
            Farseeker: "We better head that way.  With our only person
              dead who may know the password we might have to figure
              alternative ways around the thing."
             Aren: "What about that priestess?  She might know."

             [Thig flies toward them and hears the conversation.]
             Thig: "She won't know much now.  Chion killed her and
               the other two guards.  I took one out.  That area
               is now secure.  [He turns to Xian] He could use a way
               back to us."
             Xian: "Right.  Be right back."

             Aren: "We found a scroll that tells of a protection
               ward that requires a password of some kind on the
               next level stairs area.  We saw Triest and Z'leyra
               heading that way and Kaylle went to warn them."
             Thig: "Hrmm..."

         [West Hallway - Room M]

           [A few seconds later Xian pops via a Teleport spell in the
            south hallway near the rooms.  He estimated the distance
            based on the north tunnel.  He sees the open door to
            the room and walks that way.]
           Xian: "C'mon.  I'll port you back.  We still got a level
             to explore."

           GM: I assume you take up the offer otherwise you'll have
             to use your own spells.  Xian isn't tapped out as much.
             Thig can return and explore the other areas.

         [West Hallway - North Hallway]

           [Farseeker turns to the others.]
           Farseeker: "We should head up.  Other than exploring and
             searching for papers theres no much down here now.
             Even if we are traped we should know it."

           Dex: "I'll stay here with Trembyl in case he gets worse."
           Aren: "If he does call for Z'leyra right away."

      [Level 7]

         [Kaylle, Jordi and Neva wonder and try to examine the
          ward object whatever it is.   They conclude it seems
          some kind of glass item more likely a jewel or gem inset
          into the rock.  To test the distance they thow rocks
          closer and closer to the area but nothing happens.]
         Kaylle: "Could it be weight or size that matters?"

         [Neva fires her bow toward the object though not really
          aiming for it.  Not knowing what could happen if she
          hit it.  But as the arrow gets within 15 feet it zaps
          and disappears.  so they grab larger rocks that seem
          palm size and throw those and they disappear.  So it
          seems size is a factor.  Soon Z'leyra nd Triest join
          them and they explain the situation to them quickly.]

      [Level 1 - Sea Cave]

         [After the mysterious force that affected the mountain and
          everyone in it, Damon becomes concerend.  He grabs a
          couple of the Climan sailors and questions them.]
         Damon: "What was that?" [is his basic line of questions]
         [But he gets the same answer over and over]
         Sailor: "Your doom!  The glory of our empire growing beyond
           anything you can imagine!  Surrender now and we'll send
           you only to some prison.  Otherwise we'll feed you to the
           sharks or worse to those hideous winged beasts!"
         [Damon gives up and gets back to work on the ships to get
          them in order nad figure out which one is better for sea
          travel.  It seems clear the merchant ship seems most likely.]

      [Level 6]

        [Thig flies back to explore the three rooms in the SW.  He
         finds both doors L14/J15 are gone from the slime damage and
         the slime has entered the room like the one room he first
         explored.  He enters the north room first and then the
         south one next.  He finds the north one has a small but
         finely finished table and couch in it.  A small bar and
         food cabinet.  Must be some kind of mini-messhall.  From
         the style of furniture it looks fancier so it must be for
         the priestess only.  The slime seems to be eating away at
         some of the chairs though already.  He flies to the second
         south room and finds another priestess office empty but
         like the other 2 offices.  The slime has not reached the
         desk luckilly.  He finds it empty and decides to fly back
         to join the others..]

      Time: Estimated  7:01am-7:16am  - Morning Day 22

      [Two minutes pass..]

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Monday...

    Level 6 -
       Unali??, Chion, Caladan, Suresh, Farseeker, Xian, Thig,
       Aren, Valgor, Amin, Dex, Wi, Kasha, Ris, Shah, Cholan
    Level 7 - Jordi, Z'leyra, Neva, Keylle, Triest
    Main cave - Spaar, Qorz, Marta, Talz, Females (2) [Level 2]

Level 6 - Office Level

              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
   A|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   B|%A   % B  %  C %  D %  E %  F %  G %  H %  I %% U*%%%%%%%%%%|
   C|%    %    %    %    %    %    %    %    %    %%  %%%%%%%%%%%|
   D|%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   E|%       g                         ABC        Z    [ Rm. %%%%|
   F|%%%=%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%=%%%%%%=%%%=%%%%%% % %%%  V  %%%%|
   G|%     %     %      % %%          % % Room P % % %%%     %%%%|
   H|%  J  %  K  %  R   % %% Room L   %g% Off.   % %=%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   I|%     %     %      % %% Messhall %g%  Lounge% % Rm. %%%%%%%%|
   J|%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%% %%          % %%%%%%%%%% %  T  %%%%%%%%|
   K|%%          :::::::::%%          % %%       % %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   L|%%%%=%%%%%%%% %%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%=%% %        % %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   M|%Room   %         %       %%%%%    %%   Q   % %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   N|%  M    %  NN     % Room  %%W   %%  [       % [ Rm. %%%%%%%%|
   O|%       %         %   O   %%%%*%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  S  %%%%%%%%|
    |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

        Normal scale = each row = 20 feet.  Each column = 5 feet
        A-H   = Small Offices        P = Officer Lounge
        L   = Messhall               S = Officer Latrine
        Q   = Priestess Lounge       T = Priestess Latrine
        W   = Stairs down to 5       V = Sentry post
        g   = Knocked out guard      U = Stairs to level 7
        J   = Base CO office         K = Timon's Office
        R   = Priestess Messhall  M-O = Priestess offices

Level 7 - ???

              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
   A|%                                           %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   B|%                                           %%   *%%%%%%%%%%|
   C|%                                           %%P%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   D|%                                           %%      T%%%%%%%|
   E|%                                           %%%%%%%% %%%%%%%|
   F|%                                               ????

    The * is the stair entrance to 6.
    P = Kaylle, Jordi, Neva
    T = The gem or whatever inlaid against that fall wall.
    ? = The shuffling of a set of feet?

    This completes level 6.  This will be the last time the map is
    shown.  I'll assume unless you want to search for specific
    items or things I'll assume everyone starts up for level 7 even
    though party will be trapped at the entrance until a solution
    is found.  Actions?

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933