[pnpgm] Game update #276 - File #468 - NW is explored

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Tue Jun 1 04:49:48 CEST 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #276 in sequence (file #468)

     Admin notes:  Happy Memorial day to those in the USA.
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

        From Unali: [Re: Actions]
           Unali mention the location of the stairs to Aren and will
           move towards where Neva is standing to explore the
           remaining rooms.
        GM: Ack.

        From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
           Jordi takes a look at the cramped corridor. It's imposible
           to do something positive while everybody is in the area,
           and a area affecting spell will affect almost everybody.
           "Where is Neva?"
           Jordi realizes with some anger that Neva is alone, with
           a powerful priestess unchecked in the area. He is a
           little bit upset.
           "I'm going to explore the rest of the rooms of the level,
            in the corridor where Neva is.  Who will come with me?"
           Jordi meets Neva, and begins to explore the rooms of the
           NW of the level.
        GM: Ack.  But you actually know where she is.  When you rounded
          the corner you saw her.  She was never far and in that
          much danger.  I didn't mention that but figured based on
          the distance it was obvious.  Sorry.  My bad.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra will work on Trembyl and Thig, mentioning "The
          priestess might have access to the north corridor, best
          guard against that. At the very least clear out the rooms
          off the north corridor."
        GM: Ack.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:52am-7:07am  - Morning Day 22

      [Level 6]

         [West Hallway - South]

            [Neva explains where she found the stairs to Aren.]

            [Jordi and Unali both head to the north to explore the
             NW rooms.]

            Farseeker: "Suresh.  We should explore the offices for
              anything vital in terms of papers.  Since you read
              Climan probably the best.  Take Kaylle, Amin and Wi
              to search the rooms."
            Suresh: "Right.  Let's go."

            Thig: [Mutters] "There was nothing I could do.   He
              died ...my fault.."

            [Z'leyra continues to help Trembyl out who is still knocked
             out but alive.  Stable.  But he may be out for some time.
             Triest helps Thig's hands as he mutters to himself.]

            [Xian walks further north to re-explore that door.]

            Thig: "He died...the priestess is mine" [he says through
              clenched teeth.  He stands after his hands are treated
              and shrugs off Triest.  Triest surprised falls back.
              Thig begins to hover and grabs his crossbow.  Aren
              stands in front of him quickly and puts out his hands.]

            Aren: "No!  She is obviously dangerous.  You alone may not
              be able to handle her.  We HAVE to form a plan first
              to take care of her."

         [West Hallway - North]

           [Jordi and Unali meet Neva.  Neva notices Jordi's distress.]
           Neva: "I'm fine.  Hes still in that room at least one guy."

           [Jordi and Unali notice 3 doors unexplored.  Jordi steps to
            the door which Xian was looking over when he rounds the
            corner and stops him.]
           Xian: "That one's mine."

           [Unali takes out her daggers and goes to the door where
            the man entered.  She notices its locked and looks
            bashed in but not completely.  Neva walks behind Jordi
            and he takes the northern door.

            She kicks at the door and the door bursts open as the
            wood cracks and seperates from the wooden frame.  She
            notices the room is empty.  She dives to the side to
            avoid missile fire and waits.  Sure enough a dagger
            comes out the door but lands quickly on the dirt
            a foot away.  She looks down and sighs.  Only a fighting
            dagger not even a throwing dagger.  The heavy blade
            couldn't attain any flight.  If that's hte best he has
            she dives into the dark room and finds the man standing
            behind a desk.  The man comes out from behind the desk
            and lunges.  The man thrusts his sword at her but he
            misses completely.  Unali swings both daggers at the
            upper portion of his body.  One dagger slides to the
            left and misses.  The right dagger hits the man's neck
            crushing the lower left jaw bone and doing 6 subdual
            damage which immediately knocks the guard out.  He
            falls to the ground with his sword in hand.  She
            looks around and finds the office empty.  She finds
            a lantern behind the desk dimly lit and lights it up
            higher.]

           [Meanwhile at same time Jordi tries the door to the north
            door and finds it unlocked.  Neva pulls up her bow to
            help and Jordi lunged into a dark office.  He waits for
            his eyes to adjust then notices it is empty.  But just
            like the other 8 or so offices.  He wonders how many
            htese folks need?]

           [Meanwhile at same time Xian examines the door with the
            Gem inset into the lock.  He nods and pulls down his
            backpack and looks into it.]
         [West Hallway - North]

           [Suresh and the office searchers start their search..]

         [West Hallway - South]

           Aren: "So we know where the stairs are.  She may be trapped.
             If they keep to their pattern of one stairs to each
             level.  Yes there could be secret passages but its clear
             the magic to create these tunnels was taxing enough and
             they may not have need for such not expecting invaders."
           Thig: "Fine.  But I want in on this plan."

           Farseeker: "Plan?  Well we'll need magic.  As Xian explained
             there are options."

         [West Hallway - North]

            [Unali notices no other doors.  She looks at the male body
             and finds he is wearing the familiar uniform of the guards.
             But its a more darker gray.  He also has a few marks on
             his sleeve like a strip.  He is wearing some small pin
             medals on his breast area.  He must be some kind of officer
             if not the base commanding officer.  She looks around the
             room and notices stacks of scrolls and a map of the area.
             It has markings on it.  Looks like supply lines or trade
             routes?  The guy must be the one to run this place.  Too
             bad he wasn't a better fighter or had personal guards like
             the priestess.  What a waste...She exits to the hallway.]

            [Jordi explores the room and finds no one there.  He exits
             back to the hallway.  All three notice Xian looking at
             the door and pulls out something in his hand.  He puts it
             up against the Gem in the door.  A click is heard and
             Xian pockets it and then stands with his backpack back on.
             He sees the three then turns.  Kaylle is just about to
             enter a office near by when he calls out.]
            Xian: "Kaylle I need you."
            [Kaylle quickly flies over within only 2 seconds.]
            Kaylle: "Yes?"
            Xian: "I need you to sense magic in this room.  It
              shouldn't be dangerous."
            Kaylle: "Shouldn't?  [He looks to the door] "That there
              is magical."
            Xian: "Yes. I know.  My brother uses it for his places.
              Its really not sophisticated magic.  Its just a simple
              door protection ward.  It can't be picked and can't
              be broken into.  It fortifies the door material.  Nothing
              more..usually.  But I know the secret after he showed me
              one time.  Put a simple gold coin to it and it unlocks.
              He told me that most common picklockers won't think of
              that."
            Kaylle: "I see..." [He opens the door and slowly walks in.
              Then further in..he shakes his head.  He goes to the back
              of the room.  Then turns back to Xian at the door.]
            Kaylle: "Nothing here.  But there is a faint image of
              magic as if he was here."
            Xian: "Thanks.  You may go back to work."
            [Kaylle leaves and Xian enters to explore the room..]

         [West Hallway - South]

            [Thig edges to the edge of the slime and looks to the
             area.  Only those flying over the pit can see to the
             end of the hall.  If anyone stands to the east wall
             and looks down they only see to the door and not
             much more.  So they don't see anyone.  Thig flies
             back]

            Thig: "The hallway is dark now.  They put out the
              torches."
            Farseeker: "We lost our tactical advantage.  Without
              light it'll be hard to spot them to fire on them."
            Aren: "But not for them unless we take out that torch
              down there.  But we'll need light to avoid steeping
              into the slime."
            Thig: "I can go invisible and scout."
            Farseeker: "Theres four guards and one priestess?
              Its risky."
            Thig: "No three guards I saw and one priestess."

         [West Hallway - North]

           [Jordi and Neva explore the other door to find Room C
            which is again another small office like the others.]

           [Xian explores the room.  He notices a globe near a
            couch.  He gets closer and finds it looks like
            the Middle World.  Some of it looks strange to him
            and he assumes must be guesswork of the cartographer.]

      [Level 1]

        [Main Cave]

          [Qorz and the other 3 return to the main cave on their
           horses.  After watching the mysterious cloud on the
           mountain top.  They look pale and alert Marta.]

          Marta: "What's wrong?"
          Qorz: "Don't know.  But something odd is going out out there
            on top of this mountain."
          Marta: "Odd?"
          Talz: "Some cloud or storm or something."
          Marta: "Is it safe here?"
          Qorz: "I don't know."

      Time: Estimated  6:54am-7:09am  - Morning Day 22

      [Two and a half minutes pass]

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Friday...

    Level 6 -
       Jordi, Unali, Chion, Caladan, Suresh, Kaylle,
       Farseeker, Z'leyra, Xian, Thig, Aren, Valgor, Neva
       Triest, Amin, Dex, Wi, Kasha, Ris, Shah
    Main cave - Spaar, Qorz, Marta, Talz, Females (2) [Level 2]

Level 6 - Office Level

              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
   A|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   B|%A   % B  %  C %  D %  E %  F %  G %  H %  I %% U*%%%%%%%%%%|
   C|%    %    %    %    %    %    %    %    %    %%  %%%%%%%%%%%|
   D|%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   E|%       g                                         [ Rm. %%%%|
   F|%%%=%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%=%%%%%%=%%%=%%%%%% % %%%  V  %%%%|
   G|%     %     %      % %%          % % Room P % % %%%     %%%%|
   H|%  J  %  K  %      %A%% Room L   %g% Off.   % %=%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   I|%     %     %      %B%% Messhall %g%  Lounge% % Rm. %%%%%%%%|
   J|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%=%%%%%C%%          % %%%%%%%%%% %  T  %%%%%%%%|
   K|%%  1    G  :::::::::%%          % %%       % %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   L|%%%%=%%%%%%%%=%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%=%% %        % %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   M|%                  /|\    %%%%%    %%   Q   % %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   N|%               Door Gone %%W   %%  [       % [ Rm. %%%%%%%%|
   O|%                         %%%%*%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  S  %%%%%%%%|
    |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

        Normal scale = each row = 20 feet.  Each column = 5 feet
        A-H   = Small Offices        P = Officer Lounge
        L   = Messhall               S = Officer Latrine
        Q   = Priestess Lounge       T = Priestess Latrine
        W   = Stairs down to 5       V = Sentry post
        g   = Knocked out guard      U = Stairs to level 7
        J   = Base CO office         K = Timon's Office

      Party
       X = Xian [Room K]
       ? = Unali, Jordi, Neva [North West Hallway] [Not on map]
       ? = Suresh, Kaylle, Amin, Wi [Searching offices] [Not on map]
       ? = Rest of party [Area A,B,C on map in south hallway]
       1 = 1 guard  [Priestess/Bodgyard in room]
       G = Alive guard      [K10]
       : = Slime area on map

     All that is left is the SW hallway with 3 guards and 1 priestess.

     Actions?  Plans?

  K  Timon Officer Offices

     123456789012345
    |%%%%%%%%%=%%%%=| Each Col=2 Foot Each Row =  5 feet
   A|%+ [===]     +%| % Rock/Cave Wall
   B|%             %| = Door
   C|%]            %| [==] Table
   D|%]           `%| [--[ Desk
   E|%@   *   *   `%| * Seat
   F|%            #%| # Liquor Br
   H|%+     *     +%| @ Globe  ] = Couch

         Room A/C just like the other office setup maps.  Room J
         Are setup like the other offices with basic desk but
         a bit more lavish since he is higher rank.
        If need further detail let me know.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933