[pnpgm] Not to kill...that is the answer.

Chris and Karen Wells ckwells at comcast.net
Sat Jul 31 03:12:28 CEST 2004

pbem game - for ChrisYes, I had a feeling someone would stop Ben'dar from slaying that guard.  Thanks, I didn't really want Ben'dar to murder that guard, but felt it was the appropriate action, given Ben'dar's harsh upbringing as a barbarian warrior and his anger and frustration at his prisoner/sacrifice ordeal.  :-)

Ben'dar immediately moves his dagger away from the unconscious guard's throat and stands up with a perplexed look on his face.  Ben'dar says slowly, choosing his words carefully, "The warriors of the Fel'oros tribe are taught from a very young age to show no mercy to an enemy, whether that enemy is conscious or not.  We believe there is no dishonor in a clean death at the hands of an enemy who has prevailed in combat.  But... there is wisdom in your words, my friends.  I will think about what you have said."

He accepts Jordi's offered spear for the second time, recognizing the gesture of reconciliation for what it is.  He smiles and nods to Jordi, and holding the Elf spear firmly in one hand, he tosses the pike aside.

To be honest, Ben'dar is privately not sure at all of the wisdom of leaving an enemy alive behind them in this dangerous, foreign place.  It seems to him much safer and simpler to kill all enemies cleanly, eliminating any possible threat left behind.

But Ben'dar shrugs, knowing that he is a barbarian, and ignorant of the ways of civilized people.  He is willing to try to learn these ways, as his friend Caladan has.  And besides, he owes all his friends a great debt for his rescue, so he will not disregard their will in this matter.

Ben'dar quickly scavenges some rope or cloth and he binds the unconscious guard's hands and feet very securely, so that when the guard awakes, he will pose no threat to the group.

On moving forward... Ben'dar will continue to take direction from the other warriors in the party, with Jordi's spear at the ready.