[pnpgm] the strange question

SERGI SALLENT igresigres at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 11:50:05 CEST 2004

      After disengaging, Jordi places himself
inmediately in a defensive stance; he places his body
in a 90 degrees angle respect the line of advance of
the monster, offering the monster the left side of his
body, covering it with his shield, while he prepares
his sword for a counterattack as soon as the monster
begins his attack.  Jordi has discovered too late that
this foe is perhaps too strong for himself; his
intention is to make it lost as much time as posible,
so the rest of the party can kill the evil clyman
priestesses.
      (OOC: I have no real experience in fencing, just
in case you guess...).
      "Elf creature.  It is just you and me.  What
destiny do you seek?"
      Jordi is surprised to understand the monster;
however, he is more surprised to know that the monster
has some degree of curiosity.  He decides again to
gain time for the rest of his buddies.  The more time
he entertains the monster, the better.
      About what to answer, Jordi decides to empathize
with his enemy, and try to answer something that the
monster can understand and accept.
      (OOC: try to use the "read intent" elf innate
ability in a subtle and non-obvious way...)

      "My inmediate destiny is to seek revenge from
the people who kidnapped me.  I'm too young to worry
about long-term planning."

      (Note: Jordi has actor level 4; he tries to seem
as sure of himself and resolute as posible...)

      (OOC: the second part of the answer is 100%
true; I didn't supplied any long term goal for Jordi.
The first part is true, but it's not all the true.
Obviously, Jordi wants to stop the evil clyman plans
and he also wants to protect his people and his
friends.)

      Jordi decides to win some more time for his
friends, and tries to engage in conversation with the
monster, saying something brilliant to keep its
attention:

      "You're very interested in my person,
considering you can kill me easily."

     (OOC: Jordi remembers his uncle advice of trying
to make your opponent confident about his chances to
take him by surprise... it will be a miracle that it
works, but your never know...)

      "Perhaps you don't like the way the woman
disturbed you? Or perhaps there is something more?"

      (OOC: Arggghhh! I can't think in anything
brilliant!)
      (OOC: What are the chances, due the distance
between the monster and Jordi, to use "enter
lower/upper world" and exit this dire situation?)

                                   Sergi