[pnpgm] Game update #249 - File #441 - Jordi becomes a Noise machine

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Sat Feb 28 04:57:27 CET 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard? Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     -5 HP /Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              FisherKing (Z'leyra's Eagle), 2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or
<http://www.powersandperils.org/>www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net
     Game Update #249 in sequence (file #441)
     I do the update and thus can react to it faster.
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

       From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
         After punishing myself writting 6798675989 times "I will tell
         GM to cast another invisibility when the previous one is about
         to expire", I send you my new turn.  It's short, because
         Z'leyra is doing most (all) of the job:
         Jordi tries to hide using the guard as cover, and inmediately
         cast another invisibility spell.  Posible outcomes:
         a) Everything goes all right: Well, Jordi will try to move
         away from the gargoyles as much as he can, to try to make more
         difficult for them to detect him.
         b) The worrt happens:  Kill the guard who so is kind to show
         Jordi his back, and then try to block the exit of the gargoyles
         from their den.
         PS: Good job, Z'leyra...
       GM: Ack.

       From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
         Mutters in Climan that the elf she killed must be what the
         gargoyle smells. She demands the guard close the door...
         <waits for the door to be closed>... and bring in the
         'mercenary' reinforcements.
       GM: Ack.

       From Unali: [Re: Actions]
         Unali: She will move towards Aren and ask "What's going on
         here?" and after a hopefully brief update move forward
         towards where Suresh is standing. She will tell Aren "Keep
         her safe." nodding towards Martha.
         Unali will move towards the undiscovered part of the hallway
         (right) and look around the corner.
       GM: Ack.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:16am-6:29am  - Morning Day 22

                ---------- Level 3----------------

      [Level 4 - ]

         [Outside - ]

           [Balrog continues to tinker and then finally hears a CLICK.]
           Balrog: "Its unlocked!" [He pulls the door but it doesn't
             budge] "..its not opening!"

           [Aren explains to Unali what occured - This was actually
            done briefly in last update.  Basically who was inside
            and the doors just closed.  Marta stays with Aren.]

         [Inside - ]

            [Thig stands and watchs the mess clings to the wall
             to see what occurs.]

            [Z'leyra mutters her comment but the guards seem too
             occupied with closing the door to hear it well or
             at least they do not respond.]

            [Jordi tries to cast Invisibilty but it fails...?]

            [Both guards try to close the door but it seems the female
             Gargoyle is trying to stop it.  The Pikeman looks to
             Farseeker for help with pleading eyes.  Farseeker gets
             the signal and charges forward and puts his back into it.
             Together the three push the gargoyle aside and the
             door slams shut with a loud thud.]

            [Jordi tries again to recast and this time gets a big
             Abysmal failure!.  The first in this entire game! :)
             Sorry jordi rolled bad.  Suddenly jordi continues to
             step backwards and crunchs a area of sand but for
             some reason the usually quiet activity seems to
             be amplified! Its as if a Dragon just bit into a
             tree a loud CRUNCH CRUNCH noise.  Jordi gulps and
             suddenly a loud pitching noise emits from his
             mouth?]

            [The guard nearest Jordi grabs the iron bar to secure
             the door but then hears the noise behind him.  He
             looks and sees Jordi in full view.  His eyes bulge..]

         [Outside - ]

            [Balrog with the help of Suresh pulls the door open and
             the rest flood in and suddenly hear the high pitch
             whine from Jordi...]

            [Farseeker shakes his head and stands back.  Draws up
             his great sword and thrusts it at the guard who saw
             Jordi.  He hits through the Chainmail and does 8
             points but the guard is heavilly hurt but not down.]

            [Thig pulls up his repeating crossbow and fires at the
             Pikeman at almost point blank and hits but the chainmail
             protects most doing only 4 points a minor wound.]

            [Jordi tries to surge forward but each step he takes sounds
             like a Mountain Giant stepping on acorns that pop..it
             unnerves him..]

            [Meanwhile the others pile into the room..]

            [Z'leyra brings up her Warstaff and bashes the pikeman in
             the head but he is wearing a Metal helm.  The blow is
             massive and he takes 5 points of damage but amazingly
             he is still alive...but dazed.]

         [Outside in hallway -]

           [Unali takes to the east hallway and heads eastward.
            She passes one door and a few seconds later another
            both on the north side of the wall.  She passes the
            corner and sees in the distance the tunnel continues
            eastward.]
           GM: See Map.

         [Inside - ]

           [Since the iron bar was never secured by the wounded guard
            and since it has been released from being blocked - when
            attacked.  The door rumbles and rumbles and then bursts
            open under the grunt force of a couple gargoyles.  As
            the door opens the larger one closes slam again though
            4 of the party members try to stop it with sheer force
            but fail.  But most of the party is now in the room
            the others are trapped outside.  But then again the
            party is now trapped inside.]

      Time: Estimated  6:22am-6:35am  - Morning Day 22

      [About 9 seconds pass for this entire update]

        -----------Maps-------------------------

      Level 4 - ????
              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890|
   A|                                                            |
   B|                                                            |
   C|                                                            |
   D|                                                            |
   E|                                                            |
   F|%           %%%                                             |
   G|%%          %%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%=%%   %%%%%%                   |
   H|%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%             %%%%%%                        |
   I|%% J1 2FZTP[\    g %%%%%%%%%%  U        %%%                 |
   J|%%%=%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%        %%%%%%%%%%%%%                   |
   K|%          %%% %%                                           |
   L|%          %  g%%                                           |
   M|%   Stairs % * %%                                           |
   N|%  down -->%G%%%%                                           |
   O|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

        Zoom in view of the hallway...

1%%A%%B%%C%GD%%E%%F%%G%
2%__/J \_1/ 2\__/ T\_N%   = Door (by D) Also A6   A=G Hexs 1-7 Row
3%  \__/  FZ_/  \__KTV%   1/2 = Two guards      Scale 1 hex = 10 feet
4%__/  \__/  \__/QA\CR/ < Door                  Each line = 5 feet
5%  \__/  \__/  \HWB S%   Z=Z'leyra F=Farseeker T=Thig
6%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|   J= Jordi  =Gargoyle
7---------------------|   T = Trembyl C=Caladan
        S= Spaar  N=Neva    V=Valgor
        R= Suresh B=Balrog  K=Kasha
        W= Wi     A=Aren    Q=Triest  H = Chion
        G=Gargoyle [Doorframe]

        Each Row A-O = 20 feet up/down.  Each column = 5 feet.
   Room G = Stairs down to 3   % = Cave Wall
        = - A door [G19, G30]
       [] = Large door [I13]
        g = Guard [L15] [Dead]
        C = Caladan [I16]
        g = 6 dead guards [I18]
        U = Unali [I32]

                --------------------------------------

                        -------Current Locations ------

    Sea Cave  - Damon, Eri, Zenon, Anil, Kirz and Diana
    Sea Cave Entrance - Pov, Kartz [Near stairs / Standing guard]
    Main Cave - Rest in Main Entrance [Xian, Animals, Diplomats, etc.]
    Level  4  - Cholan, Trembyl, Caladan, Ris, Ayddar, Spaar,
                Neva, Valgor, Suresh, Dex, Troyis, Amin, Shah
                Jordi, Balrog, Chion, Farseeker, Thig,
                Triest,  Aren, Z'leyra, Wi, Kasha, Unali, Marta
      [Behind door] - Z'leyra, Farseeker, Thig, Jordi,
         Trembyl, Caladan, Spaar, Neva, Valgor, Suresh, Balrog,
         Kasha, Wi, Aren, Triest, Chion
      [Outside door - ] Cholan, Ayddar, Dex, Troyis, Amin, Shah,
         Unali, Marta.

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Monday...

    Sorry jordi your the first abysmal and after all this time that's
    not bad :)  Its not a damaging one just a failure that makes you
    a bit noisy!

    Den door open, large iron door closed.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site