[PnP] pnp Digest, Vol 155, Issue 1

David Sanders dasandersx at comcast.net
Wed Mar 6 22:35:34 CET 2019

Hmmm...even a scroll would take a lot of time.  A book can take years.  And books didn’t become common until after the Middle Ages.

A scroll, assuming one spell on it, would just be one EL...a book, with multiple spells, could easily have different EL's.  I think, if it takes long enough, the MEL could change too, but not as drastically.

Hmmmm...a spell is a spell is a spell...how can a MEL and EL be assigned to a written spell?  I suppose it could have more specific information about proper techniques to cast the spell (thereby increasing the EL) but, really, the casters MEL tells him how to apply the techniques.

Perhaps the reading of a spell from book or scroll should be given difficulty similar to problem solving...I always love the stories where the mage loses control of his spell he’s reading because of distractions.

Dave

Sent from my iPad