[PnP] per Digest #151, No. 5 -re: experience for peaceful solutions

Hsingai Altaica draltaica at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 20:35:36 CEST 2018

What I do is extend the concepts of Combat & Magic Experience Levels to whatever topics the game focuses on.  Like if your doing a Call of Cthulhu game you might have an Investigation Experience Level, for a political intrigue  game you might have a Diplomacy Experience Level or for my Serious Game, a Romance Experience Level, actually I'm leaning towards 2, one for the more social/emotional aspects and one for the more physical aspects of romance since that division is central to the games theme.
BTW, I don't do hard caps on the skills, once to hit max EL it goes exponentially to raise to the NEL.
Character Skills

|   |
Character Skills
 All skills are purchased with expertise points. The number of Expertise points it takes to learn a skill at Star...  |  |

 And this is balanced my limiting the effects of having a high ELBase Line

|   |
Base Line
 To determine the line that you will roll when you make a skill check subtract the creature's effective EL, o...  |  |

 --- It is with books as with the fire in our hearths; we go to a neighbor to get the embers and light it when we return home, pass it on to others, and it belongs to everyone.