[PnP] pnp Digest, Vol 135, Issue 10: Familiar/Binding

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Tue Jan 31 22:16:47 CET 2017

To me a Familiar would be persauded or
grown.  ike the Vlad book series where you can go
to jungle ana Jhereg will either kill or implant
on you.  So it'd be a friend.  To me it could be
naturally superior like a fire snake or
Daete'Mirir? the good one not the bad ver.  So a
dog/cat/cow or whatever that implants on you or
that you find and befriends.  But one could use a
attribute effect item to boost Int or such.  But
then what we need ot figure out a generic
parameter set.  So do they boost CA?  Do they boost casting speed? etc.

Portals are to me 3
versions.  Teleport/Translocate is could be argued a portal in some way.
Then there is the perm portals like AValon where
it connects you to (lower or was it upper? world).
These points can't be moved to me. Most times its from divine methods.
But a wizard using a Interworld or Sidh using
such? Sure those can be probably moved by recasting.  Ok. That's cheating ;)
But I suppose one could hmmm....use some ritual
to move it.  Priest Rituals.  For Wizard...
I can't recall a spell off hand.  I suppose could
Oblivion the portal and it have it reappear if you use Oblivion in that way?
But i susppose if one could come up with a ritual
to move it it could be done.  But Why not just recast it?
So i assume you mean the special ones.  I think
only a god or avatar could do those? Good questoin.  I'll have to hink on it.

'Talents - Check out Wout's pdf.  I looked at it
couple months ago But I believe its there.  If
not let me know can cut/paste what i have.
Itis in v2 book 2