[PnP] Creating magic items

Wout Broere broere at powersandperils.org
Sat Sep 17 12:29:04 CEST 2016

http://powersandperils.org/LawsMagic.htm
does not really cover the level of detail that you are looking for.

There is not really a rule in the books as far as I can tell. Within the
rules you could use ensorcellment and luck to create an item that grants
EL+1 on skill use. That would be fine for other skills. For or80 skills
it is a bit limited.

But IMO keeping within the spirit of the rules, you could allow
   EL+1 for other skills
   (EL+1)x5 for or 80 skills
and use enchantment as the permanent magic skill to cast.

(My reasoning for the times 5: it is a percentage chance increase for or
80 skills. The percdntage mdoifier for weight is the one I go by, it
uses 5% steps. If this gives to much improvement for you, go for times 2
or 3.)

You might want to allow specific uses only, depending on the item and
skill in question.

EXAMPLE - An enchanted rope grants an EL+1 bonus on climbing skill
attempts. An enchanted anvil grants (EL+1)x5 bonus on Blacksmithing work.

Wout