[PnP] WEapon Courses

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Thu Nov 3 05:50:50 CET 2016

At 12:38 AM 11/3/2016, you wrote:
>My take has always been that
>
>1) the general rule holds that you first learn a weapon course (e.g.
>heavy swords) and gain ALL weapons in that class at EL0. This costs
>the Cost to Learn. (25 expertise in this case.)

Yep.

>2) After that each weapon is advanced individually, see per EL
>increase/cost NEL (NEL x 7)

Ack.

>Dagger, Spear and Throwing Axe are special in that they
>differentiate between fighting and throwing.

Theres the rub...

>3) Learn Dagger - Fight and you gain the skill to fight with all
>dagger types (Fighting Dagger, Throwing Dagger) at EL0. This only
>covers fighting, not throwing

Eureka!  That must be what Richard must've though.  That The Course
for dagger gives you both as Fight.  But the connation implies
throwing dagger isa new skill.  But now that you word it that way it
makes sense. You fight WITH a throwing dagger but ot throw it.
That makes more sense then the way its done now.  As the new player
read it Different.  I always bought it as 2 separate skills myself.
But that's more clear the way you phrase it.
Maybe i should add a * in case new players need copy of those rules...

>4) Learn Dagger - Throw and gain the skill to throw all dagger types
>(again Fighting Dagger, Throwing Dagger) at EL0. Increase skill to
>'Throw a Fighting Dagger' and skill to 'Throw a Throwing Dagger'
>separately after that.
>

>Someone may want to learn to throw fighting daggers, and the rules
>allow that. They are just not as good thrown as throwing daggers
>are. And throwing daggers are not as good to fight with.
Yep.  I like how you word it.another
I can explain it that way if he is still confused.
I was never at this level 'new' at this point since '83 so my
experience was like of course its 2 skills...but I like how you
explain it.  I will append that sectio in case another new player
needs help and i send them my file.

Great job!