[PnP] pnp v2 Monster Encounter Charts

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Wed Dec 2 07:03:58 CET 2015

   * Random Encounter Charts - P&P Version 2

     1.  Introduction

         This is my attempt at redoing the Random Encounter Charts
     based on the version 2 creatures file.  I worked with Richard
     himself on adding new monsters and tossing back and forth ideas.
     But I am in no way an expert on the v2 monsters.  Being in today's
     world it is a customized society.  I felt these new charts should
     be a bit more detailed.  This is why I split it into different
     sections.

         I also tried to come up with methods and modifiers for avoiding
     or attracting encounters.  The old system was pretty much listed
     in alphabetical order for the most part.  This was fine but just
     a clumping of things.  So I came up with 3 categories - Mundane,
     Moderate and Difficult.   The Mundane creatures would be the
     everyday things like dogs, eagles and horses as an example.  The
     moderate would be the next tier of fierce encounters that do
     not mean hostile just one step above.  These might be things like
     the hippogriff or goblins.  The difficult group are those who
     folks tend to avoid.  These might include Dragons or Hydra.
     The issue is how does one decide which group goes where?  I
     can only estimate their value based on what I read about them
     while I generated the terrain charts (which monsters were in
     which terrain for basic setup).  The Referee is free to
     reform any or all of the charts.  A novice group will have
     trouble with everything but Mundanes.  But a elite group
     who can stare at a dragon and kill it will find Difficult
     the easy ones.  This is just a suggestion and not set in stone.

         Once the groups are decided one must allocate the numbers
     to each creature.  In order to emphasize each group I have
     determined a basic 1-50% (Mundane), 51-75 (Moderate) and 76-100
     for Difficults.  This reflects that based on the modifiers one
     can avoid or attract encounters.  The more difficult creatures
     would be the high numbers.  This isn't statically even but I
     think this system works.

         There are times when the terrain has too many creatures and
     dividing it into three parts is impossible.  Badlands for example
     has 32 Moderates and 29 Difficults for 62% of the chart.  So in
     those cases I had to fit accordingly.

         I have added two new terrains - Grasslands and Tundra.  I imagine
     the south west continent is full of grasslands.  While the north
     is full of tundra/ice fields.  So I wanted to add these two areas.
     I had to again guess what might be there.

         If you have any suggestions please feel free to email me or post
     in the main P&P mailing list.  My email is longshotgm at comcast.net.
     I hope you can work with these charts.  I keep each monster line by
     line rather than say columns so that you can easily adapt and change
     things as you see fit.

     2.  Basic Encounter Chance Modifiers -

         These modifiers are for the Basic Encounter chance.  This does
     not even go into the monster charts yet.  This set of modifiers can
     all, none or some of them used.  It is up to the Referee.  The GM
     will determine if party is Avoiding or Encouraging the encounter.
     If this is not known then avoiding will be the default.  If you
     are avoiding you subtract the modifier to get to the more mundane
     creatures.  If you are encouraging then you add the modifier to
     increase your chance of harder monsters.

         Normal Movement is that movement mode in which the party is
           trying to get from one point to another point via some mode of
           transportation (foot, boat, flying, or mounted).  There is no
           modifier for encounters in this standard mode of movement.

         Hunting is the mode in which the party is hunting for food for
           survival. There is a 5% better chance of an encounter in this
           mode.

         Searching is the mode in which the party is actively trying to
           find or track something specific.  There is a 10% better chance
           of an encounter in this mode (-10 to roll) due to the slowness
           of movement.

         Camped is the stationary mode in which the party is camped or
           resting in an area suitable for a camp.  While camped because
           of the defensive way of camps there is a 5% chance less of an
           encounter (+5 to roll).

         Forester - Ability to detect danger and avoid them. The Skill
            EL will determine the modifier.  The higher the EL the
            less chance of an encounter UNLESS person chooses to ignore
            his skill for avoiding danger.   Only applies to Forest
            encounters.

         Survival - As with Forester but for the terrain they have skill
            in if in that terrain.  The higher the EL the less chance
            of an encounter.  May be combined with the Forester modifier.

         Tracking - Highest Tracker EL will determine the Modifier.
            This allows those who wish to have an encounter (-EL/10)
            or avoid an encounter (+EL/10).

         Hillsman
         Mountainer
         Plainsman
         Seaman
         Other Terrain related skills
            Allows party with highest EL to avoid or increase chance of
            encounter in above terrains.  With +EL/10 to avoid or -EL/10
            to increase chance of encounter.

         Method of Transport     Modifier  Roll
            Normal                   0       0
            Hunting                + 5%     -5
            Searching              +10%     -10
            Camped                 - 5%     +5
            Forester             +/-EL/10%  +/-EL/10 RU
            Survival             +/-EL%     +/-EL
            Tracking             +/-EL/10%  +/-EL/10 RU
            Hillsman             +/-EL/10%  +/-EL/10 RU
            Mountainer           +/-EL/10%  +/-EL/10 RU
            Plainsman            +/-EL/10%  +/-EL/10 RU
            Seaman               +/-EL/10%  +/-EL/10 RU
            Other Terrain Skill  +/-EL/10%  +/-EL/10 RU
            Intelligent          +/-Int/10% +/-Int/10 RU

         Example:  Sid is avoiding an encounter of pack of Kotothi
         creatures.  He has EL43 in Forester, Forest Survival of EL8.
         so has a +4% and +8% for a total of +12% (+12 to encounter
         basic chance).

     3.  Monster Type Chart Encounter Modifiers

         Once an encounter is determined optional rule is that Int can
     play a roll.  To avoid less dangerous creatures you can use Int/10%
     (-Int/10).  To increase chance of more difficult monsters then +Int/10%
     (+Int/10).  But the GM  The GM can even use the Basic Encounter mods
     as well if so desired.

     4. Encounter Charts

        A.  Aerial Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 53

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-14              15         16-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-09              10         11-100

            Aerial Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-12   Animals, Eagle
              13-24   Animals, Falcon
              25-37   Animals, Hawk
              38-50   Fire Snake
              51-52   Demons, Storm
              53-54   Elementals, Air
              55-58   Faerry
              59-60   Flaming Steed
              61-62   Giants, Storm (in lair)
              63-65   Griffin
              66-67   Hippogriff
              68-69   Jinn Races, Peri
              70-73   Pegasus
              74-75   Vily, Aerial
              76-77   Ahuras, Ahura
              78-79   A'Equin
              80-81   Chimearas, Chimana
              82-83   Cadue
              84-85   Dragons, Lun
              86-87   Dragons, Dragons
              88-89   Lis                                             X
              90-91   Merkabah
              92-93   Roc
              94-96   Wyvern
              97-98   Demons, Storm Dragons
              99-100  Seker

            Aerial Night Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-25   Animals, Hawk
              26-50   Tonah, Bird form only
              51      A'Equin
              52-53   Akhkharu, Vampire Bat
              54      Asura
              55      Baobhan Sith
              56      Bouba
              57-58   Faerry
              59-60   Gargoyle
              61-62   Jinn Races, Peri
              63-64   Jinn Races, Ifret
              65-66   Jinn Races, Jinn
              67      Lis
              68      Midge
              69      Mir
              70-71   Poltergeist
              72-73   Shadow Hawk
              74-75   Sprite
              76      Ahuras, Ahura
              77      Ahuras, Kerubim
              78      Akhkharu, Vampire
              79      Charontes
              80      Chimearas, Chimeara
              81      Daive
              82      Demons, Imp
              83      Demons, Storm
              84      Demons, Storm Dragons
              85      Demons, Terrestial
              86      Demons, Iritxu
              87      Demons, Decay
              88      Demons, Disease
              89      Demons, Harab Serapel
              90      Dragons, Dragons
              91      Dragons, Elder
              82      Elementals, Air
              93      Kejan'po
              94      Herensuge
              95      Merkabah
              96      Rakshasha
              97      Seker
              98      Soul Daiva
              99      Giants, Storm (in lair)
              100     Wyvern

        B.  Badlands Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 97

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-09            10-20        21-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-15            16-20        21-100

            Badlands Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-02   Animals, Antelope
              03-04   Animals, Cliff Bear
              05-06   Animals, Donkey/Burro
              07-08   Animals, Draft Horse
              09-11   Animals, Eagle
              12-14   Animals, Falcon
              15-17   Animals, Goat
              18-20   Animals, Hawk
              21-22   Animals, Leopard
              23-24   Animals, Lion
              25-26   Animals, Mule
              27-28   Animals, Ox
              29-31   Animals, Sheep
              32-33   Animals, Tiger
              34-35   Animals, Waste Lion
              36-38   Animals, Wolf
              39-40   Camel [Domestic, Draft]
              41-42   Camel [Domestic, War]
              43-44   Camel [Wild]
              45-46   Fire Snake
              47-48   Riding Horse I (Steppe Pony)
              49-50   Riding Horse II (Mustang)
              51-52   Fire Lions
              53-54   Giants, Earth
              55-56   Giants, Fire
              57-58   Giants, Hill
              59-60   Giants, Storm
              61-62   Great Ape
              63-64   Great Serpen
              65-66   Griffin
              67-68   Hippogriff
              69-70   Orchi
              71-72   Scorpion Beast
              73-74   Te'sla
              75      Tower
Lord                                                X
              76      Anakim (Immortal)
              77      Basilisk
              78-79   Chimearas, Chimana
              80-82   Demons, Storm Dragons
              83      Dragons, Dragons
              84      Dragons, Lun
              85      Dragons, Wyrm
              86-87   Earth Eater
              88-89   Edali
              90-91   Firbolg
              92-93   Lis
              94      Roc
              95-96   Searbhani
              97      Shiroona
              98      Vrykalakas
              99-100  Wyvern

            Badlands Night Encounters

              Roll 1D2 1- Chart A 2 - Chart B

              Chart A

               Roll      Result
              01-07   Animals, Antelope
              08-14   Animals, Asp
              15-21   Animals, Cliff Bear
              22-28   Animals, Desert Lion
              29-35   Animals, Hyena
              36-42   Animals, Leopard
              43-50   Animals, Mustang
              51      Akhkharu, Vampire Bat
              52      Aatxe
              53      Barquest
              54      Border Redcap
              55      Cu Sidhe
              56      Dalhan
              57      Daoine Sidhe
              58      Demons, Disease
              59      Demons, Firehound
              60      Demons, Herab Serapel
              61      Demons, Imp
              62      Demons, Storm
              63      Dirasa
              64      Dwarf
              65-66   Fire Lions
              67-68   Fire Snake
              69      Gargoyle
              70      Great Ape
              71-72   Great Serpent
              73      Lis
              74      Orchi
              75      Tonah
              76-78   Anakim (Immortal)
              79-80   Basilisk
              81-82   Charontes
              83-84   Chimearas, Chimeara
              85-86   Daive
              87-89   Demons, Storm Dragons
              90-92   Demons, Terrestial
              93-95   Dragons, Wyrm
              96-98   Giants, Earth
              99-100  Giants, Fire

              Chart B

               Roll      Result
              01-08   Animals, Steppe Pony
              09-16   Animals, Tiger
              17-25   Animals, Waste Lion
              26-33   Animals, Wild Cat
              34-41   Animals, Wild Dog
              42-50   Animals, Wolf
              51      Devils
              52      Div
              53      Fata Sheen
              54      Fusin
              55      Gartula
              56      Gwyligi
              57      Hags
              58      Haunier
              59      Nar'morel
              60      Nebora
              61      Osnada
              62      Qutrub
              63-64   Scorpion Beast
              65      Searbhani
              66      Sernemu
              67      Spriggans
              68-69   Te'sla
              70-71   Trolls, Rock Troll
              72-73   Trolls, Troll
              74      Herensuge
              75      Zombie
              76-78   Giants, Hill
              79-81   Giants, Storm
              82-83   Kejan'po
              84-85   Poltergeist
              86-88   Shadow Hawk
              89-91   Shadow Warrior
              92-93   The Kiana'shan
              94-95   Tower
Lord                                                X
              96-97   Vrykalakas
              98-100  Wyvern

        C.  City Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 49

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-03            14-30        31-100 (Normal)
              1-04            15-45        46-100 (if Foreign or wealthy)
              1-04            15-60        261100 (if foreign & wealthy)

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-05            06-25        26-100 (Normal)
              1-06            07-40        41-100 (if Foreign or wealthy)
              1-06            07-50        511100 (if foreign & wealthy)

            Note: Reduce human chance of encounter by 15 if a person is
            heavily armored or physically intimidating.

            City Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-02   Animals, Bull (Cattle)     X
              03-04   Animals, Cow
              05-07   Animals, Cat
              08-09   Animals, Deer
              10-12   Animals, Dog I (Domestic Dog)
              13-14   Animals, Dog II (Domestic Dog)
              15-16   Animals, Dog III (Domestic Dog)
              17-18   Animals, Donkey/Burro
              19-20   Animals, Draft Horse
              21-22   Animals, Eagle
              23-24   Animals, Falcon
              25-26   Animals, Goat
              27-28   Animals, Hawk
              29-30   Animals, Mule
              31-32   Animals, Ox
              33-34   Animals, Riding Horse I (Steppe Pony)
              35-36   Animals, Riding Horse II (Mustang)
              37-38   Animals, Riding Horse III
              39-40   Animals, Riding Horse IV
              41-42   Animals, Sheep
              43-44   Animals, War Horses
              45-46   Camel [Domestic, Draft]
              47-48   Camel [Domestic, War]
              49-50   Camel [Wild]
              51-56   Demons, Disease
              57-62   Anakim (Mortal)                                 X
              63-68   Kumiho
              69-75   Master
              76-77   Akhkhara, Vampire*
              78-80   Akhkhara
              81-82   Akhkhara, Lamia*
              83-84   Pseudothei
              85-100  Other Animals**

            City Night Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-09   Animals, Cat
              10-19   Animals, Dog
              20-27   Animals, Deer
              28-35   Animals, Pig
              36-43   Animals, Wild Cat
              44-50   Animals, Wild Dog
              51-52   Akhkharu, Vampire Bat
              53-54   Anakim (Mortal)
              55-56   Demon, Decay
              57-58   Demons, Disease
              59-60   Demons, Hellhound
              61-63   Demons, Imp
              64-65   Demons, Terrestial
              66-68   Ghost
              69-71   Jinn Racss, Jinn
              72-73   Kumiho
              74-75   Shadow Hawk
              76-77   Akhkharu, Lamia*
              78-79   Akhkharu, Sucubus (Female)
              80-81   Akhkharu, Vampire*
              82-83   Akhkharu, Vampire Worm
              84-85   Barquest
              86-87   Devils
              88-89   Kejani Ki (Shadow Temple only)
              90-91   Lalassu
              92-93   Poltergeist
              94-95   Pseudothei
              96-97   Were-creatures
              98-100  Other Animals**

            Note: *  The encounter is with the diurnal resting place of
                     the creature. Thralls of the creature will be in the
                     area near the master
                  ** Any other common animal found in a city.

        D.  City Margins Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 73

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-05            16-20        31-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-09            10-15        16-100

            Note: City Margins are FIVE miles, or the city population
            divided by 2000 miles (rounded up) of a city.

            City Margins Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-02   Animals, Boar
              03-04   Animals, Bull (Cattle)
              05-06   Animals, Cat
              07-08   Animals, Cow
              09-10   Animals, Deer                                   X
              11-12   Animals, Dog I (Domestic Dog)
              13-15   Animals, Dog II (Domestic Dog)
              16-17   Animals, Dog III (Domestic Dog)
              18-19   Animals, Donkey/Burro
              20-21   Animals, Draft Horse
              22-23   Animals, Eagle
              24-25   Animals, Falcon
              26-27   Animals, Goat
              28-29   Animals, Hawk
              30-31   Animals, Mule
              32-33   Animals, Ox
              34-35   Animals, Riding Horse I (Steppe Pony)
              36-37   Animals, Riding Horse II (Mustang)
              38-39   Animals, Riding Horse III
              40-41   Animals, Riding Horse IV
              42-43   Animals, Sheep
              44-45   Animals, War Horses
              46-47   Animals, Wolf
              48      Camel [Domestic, Draft]
              49      Camel [Domestic, War]
              50      Camel [Wild]
              51-54   Master
              55-58   Shiroona
              59-62   Demon, Diease
              63-66   Anakim (Mortal)
              67-70   The Brown Man
              71-75   Anari
              76-78   Druga                                           X
              79-81   Kumiho                                          X
              82-84   Lis                                             X
              85-87   Pseudothei                                      X
              88-90   Trazire                                         X
              91-93   Vrykalakas                                      X
              94-96   Other Animals***
              97-100  Closest Terrain***

            City Margins Night Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-05   Animals, Cat
              06-10   Animals, Dog I (Domestic Dog)
              11-15   Animals, Dog II (Domestic Dog)
              16-20   Animals, Dog III (Domestic Dog)
              21-25   Animals, Deer
              26-30   Animals, Hyena
              31-35   Animals, Pig
              36-40   Animals, Wild Cat
              41-45   Animals, Wild Dog
              46-50   Animals, Wolf
              51      Akhkharu, Vampire Bat
              52      Akhkharu, Vampire Worm
              53      Anari
              54      Demons, Disease
              55      Demons, Imp
              56-57   Dead
              58      Dirasa
              59      Herensuge
              60-61   Ghost
              62-63   Jinn Racss, Jinn
              64      Lis
              65-66   Poltergeist
              67-68   Shadow Fox
              69-70   Shadow Hawk
              71      The Brown Man
              72-73   Tonah
              74-75   Were-creatures
              76      Akhkharu, Lamia*
              77      Akhkharu, Sucubus (Female)
              78      Akhkharu, Vampire*
              79      Alu
              80      Anakim (Mortal)
              81      Asura
              82      Daive
              83      Demons, Iritxu
              84      Demons, Decay
              85      Demons, Terrestial
              86      Devils
              87      Druga
              88      Edimmu
              89      Kumiho
              90      Lalassu
              91      Lich
              92      Lunafey
              93      Pseudothei
              94      Qutrub
              95      Rakshasha
              96      Soul Daiva
              97      Trazire
              98      Vrykalakas
              99      Closet Terrain***
              100     Other Animals***

            Note:  *   The encounter is with the diurnal resting place
                       of the creature. Thralls of the creature will be
                       in the area near the master. This can include
                       wild animals as well.
                   **  Reroll on the closet terrain to the city
margins.                 ');
                   *** Any other common animal found in a city.

        E.  Desert Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 78

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-06            17-15        16-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-16            17-25        26-100

            Desert Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-04   Animals, Antelope
              05-06   Animals, Boar
              07-08   Animals, Cliff Bear
              09-10   Animals, Donkey/Burro
              11-12   Animals, Draft Horse
              13-15   Animals, Eagle
              16-18   Animals, Falcon
              19-21   Animals, Goat
              22-24   Animals, Hawk
              25-26   Animals, Leopard
              27-28   Animals, Lion
              29-31   Animals, Mule
              32-33   Animals, Riding Horse I (Steppe Pony)
              34-35   Animals, Riding Horse II (Mustang)
              36-38   Animals, Sheep
              39-40   Animals, Waste Lion
              41-42   Animals, Wild Dog
              43-45   Animals, Wolf
              46-47   Camel [Domestic, Draft]
              48-49   Camel [Domestic, War]
              50      Camel [Wild]
              51-53   Blancara
              54-56   Griffin
              57-60   Hippogriff
              61-63   Jinn Races, Peri
              64-66   Lis
              67-69   Master
              70-72   Shadow Hawk
              73-75   Tower Lord
              76-78   Basilisk
              79-82   Demons, Disease
              83-85   Dragons, Dragons
              86-88   Dragons, Lun
              89-92   Elefan
              93-96   Roc
              97-100  Wyvern

            Desert Night Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-05   Animals, Antelope
              06-10   Animals, Asp
              11-15   Animals, bear
              16-20   Animals, Deer
              21-25   Animals, Desert Lion
              26-30   Animals, Hyena
              31-35   Animals, Leopard
              36-40   Animals, Waste Lion
              41-45   Animals, Wild Dog
              46-50   Animals, Wolf
              51      Akhkhara, Vampire Worm
              52      Barquest
              53      Border Redcap
              54      Bouba
              55      Dark's Serpent
              56      Demons, Firehound
              57      Demons, Imp
              58      Fata Sheen
              59-60   Gargoyle
              61      Gartula
              62      Gwyligi
              63      Haunier
              64      Jinn Racss, Jinn
              65      Jinn Races, Peri
              66      Lis
              67      Nar'morel
              68      Scorpion People
              69      Sernemu
              70      Serpent Women
              71      Shadow Hawk
              72      Te'sla
              73      Tonah
              74      Basilisk
              75      Charontes
              76      Daive
              77      Dalhan
              78      Demons, Disease
              79      Demons, Herab Serapel
              80      Demons, Heliophobic
              81      Demons, Terrestial
              82      Demons, Iritxu
              83      Dragons, Dragons
              84      Dragons, Surge (Devil)*
              85      Dragons, Wyrm
              86      Devils
              87      Dirasa
              88      Div
              89      Fire Lions
              90      Fusin
              91      Giants, Fire
              92      Herensuge
              93      Lich
              94      Lunafey
              95      Osnada
              96      Qutrub
              97      Rakshasha
              98      Scorpion Beast
              99      Spriggans
              100     Wyvern

            Note: * - Surge is special rare encounter that should be
            given in his main desert.  So the Referee will have to
            reroll if outside that desert or come up with a reason for
            him to be in current desert.

        F.  Forest Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 152

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-10            11-25        26-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-20            21-25        26-100

            Forest Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01      Animals, Antelope
              02      Animals, Auroch
              03-05   Animals, Bear
              06-08   Animals, Boar
              09      Animals, Bull (Cattle)
              10      Animals, Cow
              11-13   Animals, Deer
              14      Animals, Dog I (Domestic Dog)
              15      Animals, Dog II (Domestic Dog)
              16      Animals, Dog III (Domestic Dog)
              17      Animals, Donkey/Burro
              18      Animals, Draft Horse
              19-21   Animals, Eagle
              22-25   Animals, Falcon
              26      Animals, Goat
              27-29   Animals, Hawk
              30      Animals, Lion
              31      Animals, Mule
              32      Animals, Riding Horse I (Steppe Pony)
              33      Animals, Riding Horse II (Mustang)
              34      Animals, Riding Horse III
              35      Animals, Riding Horse IV
              36      Animals, Sheep
              37      Animals, Tiger
              38      Animals, War Horses
              39-41   Animals, Wild Cat
              42-44   Animals, Wild Dog
              45-46   Animals, Wolf
              47      Animals, Zehani Wolf
              48      Argol
              49      Blancara
              50      Bush Warrior
              51      Cadue
              52      Centaur
              53      Cu Sith
              54      Dae'ta Koti
              55      Demons, Disease
              56      Dryad
              57      Edali
              58      Elefan
              59      Fay Horses
              60      Fire Lions
              61      Fire Snake
              62      Forestals
              63      Great Ape
              64      Great Serpent
              65      Great Spider
              66      Green Lady
              67      Lis
              68      Master
              69      Minotaur
              70      Nakinal
              71      Orchi
              72      Pegasus
              72      Satyr
              73      Serpent Women
              74      Shiroona
              75      Sidh Boar
              76      Tower Lord
              77      Vily, Forest
              78      Ahuras, Vereghina
              79      Anakim (Mortal)
              80      Anakim (Immortal)
              81      Anari
              82      Demons, Storm Dragons
              83      Dragons, Dragons
              84      Druga
              85      Ents
              86      Firbolg
              87      High Vily
              88      Kumiho
              89      Leon
              89      Naga
              90      Omari
              91      Pseudothei
              92      Seirim
              93      Soul Son
              94      The Brown Man
              95      Trazire
              96      Tree of Souls
              97      Vrykalakas
              98-100  Wood Nymph

            Forest Night Encounters

                 Roll 1d2 1- Chart A 2- Chart B

              Chart A

               Roll      Result
              01-06   Animals, Antelope
              07-13   Animals, Bear
              14-19   Animals, Boar
              20-26   Animals, Cat
              27-33   Animals, Deer
              34-40   Animals, Hyena
              41-46   Animals, Leopard
              47      Athach
              48      Boabhan
              49      Baobhan Sith
              50      Besamar
              51      Blood Wolf
              52      Bugbear
              53      Bush Warrior
              54      Cait Sith
              55      Centaur
              56      Cuca Queen
              57      Cu Sidhe
              58      Daeta A'Miri
              59      Dae'ta Koti
              60      Daoine Sidhe
              61      Demons, Disease
              62      Demons, Imp
              63      Dirasa
              64      Dryad
              65      Dzaliri                     Elf
              66      Ents
              67      Faerry
              68      Fata Sheen
              69      Fauns
              70      Fay Horses
              71      Fire Lions
              72      Forestals
              73      Fusin
              74      Gartula
              75      Anakim (Mortal)
              76      Anakim (Immortal)
              77      Anari
              78      Barquest
              79      Daive
              80      Demons, Iritxu
              81      Demons, Storm
              82      Demons, Storm Dragons
              83      Demons, Terrestial
              84      Devils
              85      Div
              86      Dragons, Wyrm
              87      Druga
              88      Giants, Forest
              89      Giants, Storm
              90      Gwydi
              91      Gwyligi
              92      Hags
              93      Haunier
              94      High Vily
              95      Kejan'po
              96      Kumiho
              97      Labbrila
              98      Larshee
              99      Leon
              100     Lich

              Chart B

               Roll      Result
              01-07   Animals, Tiger
              08-14   Animals, Wild Cat
              15-21   Animals, Wild Dog
              22-28   Animals, Wolf
              29-35   Animals, Zehani Wolf
              36-42   Akhkharu, Vampire Bat
              43-49   Akhkharu, Vampire Worm
              50      Goblin
              51      Great Ape
              52      Great Serpent
              53      Great Spider
              54      Green Lady
              55      Hob
              56      Hobgoblin
              57      Lis
              58      Ogre
              59      Orchi
              60      Minotaur
              61      Mir
              62      Pegasus
              63      Poltergeist
              64      Satyr
              65      Searbhani
              66      Serpent Women
              67      Shadow Fox
              68      Shadow Hawk
              69      Sidh Boar
              70      Sprite
              71      Tonah
              72      Trold Folk
              73      Trolls, Wood Troll
              74      Tower Lord
              75      Unicorn
              76      Whispers
              77      Zombie
              78      Lunafey
              79      Manticore
              80      Midge
              81      Molani
              82      Naga
              83      Nar'morel
              84      Nebora
              85      Pseudothei
              86      Omari
              87      Qutrub
              88      Romati
              89      Scorpion Beast
              90      Seirim
              91      Shadow Beast
              92      Soul Son
              93      The Brown Man
              94      The Kiana'shan
              95      Trazire
              96      Tree of Souls
              97      Vily, Forest
              98      Vrykalakas
              99      Wood Nymph
              100     Zshar-ptitsa

        G.  Grasslands Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 107

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-09            10-15        16-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-18            19-23        24-100

            Grasslands Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-02   Animals, Antelope
              03      Animals, Auroch
              04-05   Animals, Bear
              06-07   Animals, Boar
              08-09   Animals, Bull (Cattle)
              10-11   Animals, Cow
              12-13   Animals, Deer
              14-15   Animals, Donkey/Burro
              16-17   Animals, Draft Horse
              18-19   Animals, Eagle
              20-21   Animals, Falcon
              22-23   Animals, Goat
              24-25   Animals, Hawk
              26-27   Animals, Leopard
              28-29   Animals, Lion
              30-31   Animals, Pig
              32-33   Animals, Riding Horse I (Steppe Pony)
              34-35   Animals, Riding Horse II (Mustang)
              36-37   Animals, Riding Horse III
              38-39   Animals, Riding Horse IV
              40-41   Animals, Sheep
              42-43   Animals, Tiger
              44      Animals, War Horses
              45-46   Animals, Wild Cat
              47-48   Animals, Wild Dog
              49-50   Animals, Wolf
              51-52   Argol
              53-54   Blancara
              55-56   Centaur
              57-58   Cu Sith
              59-60   Elefan
              61-62   Firbolg
              63-64   Fire Lions
              65-66   Fire Snake
              67-68   Great Ape
              69-70   Hippogriff
              71      Master
              72-73   Pegasus
              74-75   Tonah
              76-79   Demons, Storm
              80-83   Demons, Terrestial
              84-88   Giants, Forest
              89-92   Giants, Storm
              93-96   Hydra
              97-100  Shiroona

            Grasslands Night Encounters

              Roll 1D2 1 - Use Chart A 2 - Use Chart B

                    Chart A

               Roll      Result
              01-06   Animals, Antelope
              07-12   Animals, Bear
              13-18   Animals, Boar
              19-24   Animals, Cat
              25-30   Animals, Deer
              31-35   Animals, Hippopotamus
              36-40   Animals, Hyena
              41-45   Animals, Leopard
              46-50   Animals, Lion
              51      Athach
              52      Besamar
              53      Blood Wolf
              54-55   Bouba
              56      The Brown Man
              57-58   Bush Warrior
              59-61   Cait Sith
              62-64   Centaur
              65      Cuca Queen
              66      Cu Sidhe
              67-68   Daeta A'Miri
              69-70   Dae'ta Koti
              71-72   Demons, Disease
              73-74   Faerry
              75      Fata Sheen
              76-77   Demons, Iritxu
              78-79   Demons, Storm
              80-81   Demons, Terrestial
              82-83   Devils
              84      Dirasa
              85      Div
              86      Dragons, Wyrm
              87-88   Druga
              89-90   Dzaliri
              91-92   Fusin
              93-94   Gartula
              95-96   Giants, Forest
              97-98   Giants, Storm
              99      Gwydi
              100     Haunier

                    Chart B

               Roll      Result
              26-28   Animals, Mule
              29-31   Animals, Ox
              32-34   Animals, Tiger
              35-37   Animals, War Horses
              38-40   Animals, Wild Cat
              41-43   Animals, Wild Dog
              44-46   Animals, Wolf
              47-50   Animals, Zehani Wolf
              51-52   Fauns
              53      Fay Horses
              54-55   Fire Lions
              56-57   Fire Snake
              58-59   Goblin
              60-61   Great Ape
              62-63   Great Serpent
              64-65   Hobgoblin
              66      Lis
              67-68   Minotaur
              69      Orchi
              70      Pegasus
              71-73   Tonah
              74-75   Zombie
              76      Herensuge
              77      Hydra
              78      Kumiho
              79      Labbrila
              80      Larshee
              81      Leon
              82      Lunafey
              83      Manticore
              84      Matapone
              85      Midge
              86      Mir
              87      Nar'morel
              98      Nebora
              89      Omari
              90      Pseudothei
              93      Qutrub
              92      Searbhani
              93      Shachihoko
              94      Shadow Hawk
              95      Soul Son
              96-98   Sprite
              99      Vrykalakas
              100     Zshar-ptitsa

        H.  Guardian Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 76

            There are no base encounter chance for this table.  It
            may be used by the Referee to assign a random guardian to a
            treasure that he has created, or to select a guardian of
            his choice.  (If the Referee chooses to select a guardian,
            he may also use the Treasure Relevant Creature list in
            Book Four).

            Guardian Possible Encounters

               Roll        Result                SS  Common Settings*
              01      A'Equin                    N/A Sacred Area, Temple
              02      A'mora                     InT Common Area
              03      Ahuras, Ahura              N/A Sacred Area, Temple
              04      Ahuras, Kerubin            N/A Sacred Area, Temple
              05      Akhkharu, Immortal         Nig Underground Shrine
              06      Akhkharu, Lamia            Nig Enclosed Area, Temple
              07      Akhkharu, Sucubus (Female) Nig Enclosed Area, Temple
              08      Alal                       N/A Temple, Open Shrine
              09-10   Animals, Zehani Wolf       Nig Cave
              11      Argol                      Day Open Area
              12      Asura                      N/A Sacred Area, Temple
              13      Athach                     N/A Enclosed Area, Cave
              14      Barquest                   Nig Any settings
              15      Beasts, Corruption         N/A Enclosed Area, Temple
              16      Beasts, Disorder           N/A Enclosed Area
              17      Beasts, Fiery Hate         N/A Enclosed Area
              18      Beasts, Terror             N/A Enclosed Area, Altar
              19      Beasts, Kekoni (Darkness)  N/A Altar
              20      Beithir                    Int Lake, River
              21      Bouba                      Nig Cave, Corridor
              22      Charontes                  N/A Temple, Cave, Altar
              23      Chimearas, Chimana         Day Open Area, Temple
              24      Chimearas, Chimeara        Nig Open Area
              25      Cuca Queen                 Nig Lake, Rivers
              26      Cu Sidhe                   Nig Daoine Sidhe castle
              27      Cu Sith                    Day Forest, Elf/Faerry palace
              28      Daive                      N/A Cave, Enclosed Area
              29      Daoine Sidhe               Nig Sacred & Enclosed Areas
              30-31   The Dead                   N/A Cemetary, Ruin
              32      Dark's Serpent             Nig Desert Cave, Ruin
              33-34   Demons, Decay              N/A Crypt, Masoleum
              35-36   Demons, Disease            Nig Any setting
              37-38   Demons, Fiery Spirit       N/A Any setting
              39-40   Demons, Firehound          Nig Any lightless area
              41-41   Demons, Herab Serapel      N/A Any setting
              42-43   Demons, Heliophobic        N/A Any lightless area
              44-45   Demons, Hellhound          N/A Underground, Roadway
              46-47   Demons, Iritxu             Nig Any setting
              48-49   Demons, Nergali            N/A Undergroumd, Temple
              50-51   Demons, Storm              N/A Open Area
              52-53   Demons, Storm Dragons      Int Open Area
              54-55   Demons, Terrestial         N/A Any setting
              56      Devils                     Nig Any setting
              57      Div                        Nig Sacred Area, Temple
              58      Dragons, Dragons           Day Cave, Ruin
              59      Dragons, Elder             Nig Cave, Ruin
              60      Dragons, Lun               Day Cave, Ruin
              61      Dragons, Wyrm              Int Any settings
              62-63   Dwarf                      Nig Dwarf city, Underground
              64      Edimmu                     N/A Barrow, Crypt, Masoleum
              65-66   Elf                        Nig Forest, Grove
              67      Elementals**               N/A Any setting
              68-69   Faerry                     Nig Forest, Grove
              70      Fata Sheen                 Nig Forest, Grove
              71      Firbolg                    Nig Any wooded area
              72      Fire Lions                 N/A Any setting
              73-74   Griffin                    Day Cave, Temple
              75      Gwydi                      Int Sacred Area, Temple
              76      Gwyligi                    Nig Any lightless area
              77      Hydra                      N/A Cave, Temple, Swamp
              78      Kejani Ki                  N/A Any lightlnss area
              79      Kejan'po                   N/A Any lightlnss area
              80      Kiana'nir                  N/A Any lightlnss area
              81      Kumiho                     N/A Any lightlnss area
              82      Lammashta                  N/A Altar
              83      Larshee                    Nig Enclosed Area, Ruin
              84      Leon                       Int Any setting
              85      Lich                       Nig Enclosed Area, Altar
              86      Manticore                  Nig Any setting
              87      Master                     Day Sacred Area, Temple
              88      Mer People, Merman         Int Underground, Water
              89      Mer People, Mermaid        Nig Underground, water
              90      Molani                     Nig Any setting
              91      Mushrussu                  Day Temple
              92      Naga                       Int Any setting
              93-64   Poltergeist                N/A Any lightless setting
              95      Sentinel Beast             N/A Altar, Temple
              96      Tatzlwurm                  Int Any setting
              97      Tower Lord                 N/A Tower, Castle
              98      Vrykalakas                 Int Cemetary, Ruin
              99-100  Zombie                     Nig Cemetary, Ruin

              Note: *   Areas where the creature specified is most likely
                        to be serving as a guardian, if any setting is
                        listed there are no restrictions.
                    **  Elementals that are found as guardians will be
                        activated by violation of a ward on the area.
                        They will be in a container as specified in the
                        Elemental section.

        I.  Hill Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 128

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-10            11-25        26-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-20            21-30        31-100

            Hill Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01      Animals, Auroch
              02-04   Animals, Bear
              05-07   Animals, Boar
              08      Animals, Bull (Cattle)
              09      Animals, Cliff Bear
              10      Animals, Cow
              11-13   Animals, Deer
              14-16   Animals, Dog I (Domestic Dog)
              17-18   Animals, Dog II (Domestic Dog)
              19-20   Animals, Dog III (Domestic Dog)
              20      Animals, Donkey/Burro
              21      Animals, Draft Horse
              22-24   Animals, Eagle
              25-27   Animals, Falcon
              28-30   Animals, Goat
              31-33   Animals, Hawk
              34      Animals, Leopard
              35      Animals, Lion
              36      Animals, Mule
              37      Animals, Ox
              38      Animals, Riding Horse I (Steppe Pony)
              39      Animals, Riding Horse II (Mustang)
              40      Animals, Riding Horse III
              41      Animals, Riding Horse IV
              42-44   Animals, Sheep
              45      Animals, War Horses
              46      Animals, Waste Lion
              47-50   Animals, Wolf
              51      Abnari
              52      Afanc
              53      Argol
              54      Athach
              55      Blancara
              56      Demons, Disease
              57      Edali
              58      Elefan
              59      Firbolg
              60      Fire Lions
              61      Giants, Hill
              62-63   Great Ape
              64      Great Serpent
              65-66   Griffin
              67-68   Hippogriff
              69      Lis
              70      Leon
              71      Master
              72      Nakinal
              73      Orchi
              74      Shiroona
              75      Vily, Hill                                      X
              76      Anari
              77      Ahuras, Vereghina
              78      Anakim (Mortal)
              79-80   Chimearas, Chimana
              81      Chimearas, Chimeara
              82      Dragons, Dragons
              83-84   Dragons, Lun
              85      Dragons, Wyrm
              86      Druga
              87-88   Giants, Earth
              89-90   Giants, Storm
              91-92   Omari
              92      Roc
              93-94   Soul Son
              95-96   Tatzlwurm
              97      Trazire
              98      The Brown Man
              99-100  Wyvern

            Hill Night Encounters

              Roll 1D2  1 - Chart A 2 - Chart B

              Chart A -

               Roll      Result
              01-07   Animals, Antelope
              08-15   Animals, Boar
              16-22   Animals, Cat
              23-29   Animals, Deer
              30-36   Animals, Hyena
              37-43   Animals, Leopard
              44-50   Animals, Lion
              51      Akhkharu, Vampire Bat
              52      Aatxe
              53      Athach
              54      Boabhan
              55      Besamar
              56-57   Border Redcap
              58-59   Bugbear
              60-61   Cait Sith
              62-63   Cu Sidhe
              64      Demons, Disease
              65      Dirasa
              66-67   Dwarf
              68-69   Elf
              70      Fata Sheen
              71      Fay Horses
              72      Fire Lions
              73      Fusin
              74      Gargoyle
              75      Gartula
              76      Anakim (Mortal)
              77      Anari
              78      Daive
              79-80   Demons, Terrestial
              81      Devils
              82      Druga
              83      Dragons, Wyrm
              84      Dragons, Dragons
              85      Dzaliri
              86-87   Giants, Earth
              88-89   Giants, Fire
              90-91   Giants, Hill
              92-93   Giants, Storm
              94      Haunier
              95      Herensuge
              96      Kejan'po
              97      Kumiho
              98      Labbrila
              99      Larshee
              100     Lich

              Chart @ -

               Roll      Result
              01-07   Animals, Pig
              08-14   Animals, Tiger
              15-21   Animals, Waste Lion
              22-28   Animals, Wild Cat
              29-35   Animals, Wild Dog
              36-43   Animals, Wolf
              44-50   Animals, Zehani Wolf
              51      Goblin
              52-53   Great Ape
              54-55   Great Serpent
              56      Gwydi
              57      Gwyligi
              58      Hags
              59      Hob
              60-61   Hobgoblin
              62      Tonah
              63      Jinn Races, Ifreet
              64      Lis
              65      Leon
              66-67   Ogre
              68      Orchi
              69-70   Trolls, Rock Troll
              71-72   Trolls, Troll
              73      True Sidhe
              74-75   Zombie
              76      Lunafey
              77-78   Manticore
              79      Midge
              80      Mir
              81      Pseudothei
              82-83   Poltergeist
              84      Omari
              85      Qutrub
              86      Rakshasha
              87      Romati
              88      Searbhani
              89-90   Shadow Hawk
              91      Spriggans
              92      Tatzlwurm
              93      Soul Son
              94      Trazire
              95      The Brown Man
              96-97   Whispers
              98-99   Vily, Hill
              100     Vrykalakas

        J.  Jungle Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 42

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-10            11-20        21-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-15            16-20        21-100

            Jungle Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-07   Animals, Antelope
              08-14   Animals, Asp
              15-22   Animals, Boar (x2)*
              23-30   Animals, Crocodile
              31-37   Animals, Eagle
              38-45   Animals, Lion
              46-50   Animals, Swamp Buffalo
              51-52   Daeta A'Miri
              53-54   Demons, Disease
              55-56   Elefan
              57-58   Fire Snake
              59-61   Great Ape
              62-63   Great Spider
              64-65   Leon                                            X
              66-67   Lis                                             X
              68-69   Molani
              70-71   Naga                                            X
              72-73   Nakinal
              74-75   Serpent Women
              76-79   Bouba
              80-83   Dae'ta Koti
              84-87   Dirailla-ta
              88-90   Dragons, Dragons
              91-93   Dragons, Wyrm
              94-97   Seker
              98-100  Tree of Souls

            Note: * = The Jungle Boar is twice the size of the normal
                      creature.  Modify the listed AHP, CV and S by 2.
                      All other factors will remain the same unless the
                      Referee wants to reduce the speed, A or D or wants
                      to increase its DTV.

            Jungle Night Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-06   Animals, Anaconda
              07-13   Animals, Asp
              14-20   Animals, Boar (x2)*
              21-26   Animals, Crocodile
              27-32   Animals, Hippopotamus
              33-38   Animals, Hyena
              39-44   Animals, Leopard
              45-50   Animals, Tiger
              51      Aatxe
              52      Akhkharu, Vampire Worm
              53-54   Bouba
              55-56   Bush Warrior
              57-58   Daeta A'Miri
              59      Demons, Disease
              60      Dirailla-ta
              61      Dirasa
              62-63   Fire Snake
              64      Fusin
              65-66   Great Ape
              67      Great Serpent
              68-69   Great Spider
              70-71   Leon
              72      Lis
              73      Serpent Women
              74-75   Tonah
              76-77   Dae'ta Koti
              78-79   Demons, Terrestial
              80-81   Dragons, Dragons
              82-83   Dragons, Wyrm
              84-85   Gartula
              86      Kejan'po
              87-88   Labbrila
              89-90   Molani
              91-92   Naga
              93-94   Nebora
              95      Seker
              96      Shachihoko
              97      Soul Son
              98      The Kiana'shan
              99-100  Tree of Souls

            Note: * = The Jungle Boar is twice the size of the normal
                      creature.  Modify the listed AHP, CV and S by 2.
                      All other factors will remain the same unless the
                      Referee wants to reduce the speed, A or D or wants
                      to increase its DTV.

        K.  Lower World Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 117

            Creature          Human         None
              1-24              25         26-100

            The Lower World is a twilight world of great peril.  The Tables
            that follow are divided up into the The Elder Lands, The Pale
            of Kototh, and the Elemental Kingdoms.  The Elder Lands are
            ruled by the Sidh & other Elder Races.  The Pale of Kototh is
            governed by Kototh, his children and the races that they have
            spawned.  Elemental Kingdoms are areas composed of pure
            elements, and is populated by Elementals and creatures that
            are tied to the dominant element of the area.  For further
            details see Book Three section 1.3.  The last Region is Other
            Regions.  This is the area between realms or areas where
            creatures have been taken into this area by other forces.

            Lower World Encounters

                The Elder Lands
               Roll      Result
              01-02   Alfar
              03-04   Afanc
              05-06   Anwora
              07-08   Asrai
              09-10   Barquest
              11-14   Besamar
              15-18   Cait Sith
              19-22   Centaur *
              23-26   Cu Sith
              27-30   Dwarf *
              31-32   Dryad **
              33-34   Dzaliri
              35-38   Elf *
              39-42   Faerry *
              43-46   Fay Horses *
              47-48   Fata Sheen
              49-50   Gwydi
              51-52   Hags
              53-54   Haunier
              55-56   High Vily
              57-60   Hob
              61-62   Jinn Races, Ifreet
              63-64   Jinn Racss, Jinn
              65-66   Jinn Races, Peri
              67-68   Larshee
              69-70   Naga
              71-74   Peist
-            75-76   Satyr
              77-78   Searbhani
              79-82   Sidh Boar
              83-84   Simurgh
              85-88   Tonah *
              89-92   Unicorn
              93-96   Vily
              97-98   Whispers
              99-100  Wood Nymph

                The Pale of Kototh
               Roll      Result
              01-02   Bouba
              03-04   Baobhan Sith
              05-07   Border Redcap
              08-10   Bugbear
              11-13   Cu Sidhe
              14-15   Cuca
              16-17   Cuca Queen
              18-20   Dae'ta Koti
              21-23   Daoine Sidhe*
              24-25   Dragons, Elder *
              26-28   Earth Eater
              29-30   Fauns
              31-32   Firbolg
              33-34   Gartula
              35-37   Giants, Earth *
              38-40   Giants, Fire *
              41-43   Giants, Forest
              44-46   Giants, Frost
              47-49   Giants, Hill
              50-52   Giants, Mountain *
              53-54   Giants, Sea
              55-57   Giants, Storm
              58-60   Goblin
              61-63   Great Serpent
              64-66   Great Spider
              67-68   Grundwergen
              69-70   Herensuge
              71-73   Hobgoblin
              74-75   Midge
              76-78   Minotaur
              79-80   Nebora
              81-83   Sprite *
              84-86   Trolls, Eld Troll
              87-89   Trolls, Rock Troll *
              90-92   Trolls, Troll *
              93-95   Trolls, Wood Troll
              96-98   Trold Folk *
              99-100  Wyvern

                Elemental Kingdoms
               Roll      Result
              01-24   Elementals, Earth
              25-48   Elementals, Fire
              49-73   Elementals, Water
              74-77   Elementals, Air ****
              78-100  Elemental Creature ***

                Other Regions
               Roll      Result
              01-02   Abnari
              03-04   Anakim (Mortal)
              05-06   Boabhan
              07-08   Elefan
              09-10   Ents
              11-13   Forestals
              14-15   Green Lady
              16-18   Leon
              19-21   Lis
              22-23   Lunafey
              24-25   Matapone
              26-27   Nakinal
              28-29   Nar'morel
              30-31   Romati
              32-33   Seirim
              34-35   Shiroona
              36-38   True Sidhe
              39-41   Argol
              42-44   Cadue
              45-47   Edali
              48-49   Labbrila
              50-52   Master
              53-55   White Otter
              56-59   Asura
              60-63   Fire Lions
              64-66   Omari                                           X
              67-68   Daive
              69-70   Dark's Serpent
              71-73   Dead
              74-75   Druga
              76-78   Gargoyle
              79-80   Gwyligi
              81-82   Kumiho
              83-84   Lich
              85-87   Manticore
              88-90   Poltergeist
              91-92   Qutrub
              93-94   Soul Son
              95-96   Tree of Souls
              97-100  Zombie

            Note: *  Races so marked can control realms as organized
                     kingdoms which include secondary creatures as
                     allies and servants.
                  ** These are the Hamadryads, double the values listed
                     for the Dryad, including magical values.  Hamadryads
                     are supernatural tree spirits.  They are not humanoid
                     though they have Humanoid form.  They are tied to a
                     specific tree, if it dies they die.  Until it dies,
                     they cannot die.  All can use MEL10/EL8
                     Insubstantiabilty to enter in, and exist in, their
                     tree.  All Hamadryads are female.
                 *** A creature that is innately capable of using the
                     element in the area that the encounter occurs in.  In
                     all cases the creature's EL is increased by 2 when
                     he is in an area that is composed of his element.
                     For more details see Book 3 table for an example if
                     needed.
                **** No Air Elemental inhabit the Lower World unless the
                     Referee makes special provisions for them in his
                     game.

        L.  Mountain Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 121

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-10            11-25        26-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-20            21-30        31-100

            Mountain Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01      Animals, Auroch
              02-04   Animals, Bear
              05-07   Animals, Boar
              08      Animals, Bull (Cattle)
              09      Animals, Camel [Domestic, Draft]
              10      Animals, Camel [Domestic, War]
              11      Animals, Camel [Wild]
              12-14   Animals, Cliff Bear
              15-17   Animals, Deer
              18-20   Animals, Dog I (Domestic Dog)
              21      Animals, Dog II (Domestic Dog)
              22      Animals, Dog III (Domestic Dog)
              23      Animals, Donkey/Burro
              24      Animals, Draft Horse
              25-27   Animals, Eagle
              28-30   Animals, Falcon
              31-33   Animals, Goat
              34-36   Animals, Hawk
              37      Animals, Lion
              38      Animals, Mule
              39      Animals, Ox
              40      Animals, Riding Horse I (Steppe Pony)
              41      Animals, Riding Horse II (Mustang)
              42      Animals, Riding Horse III
              43      Animals, Riding Horse IV
              44-45   Animals, Sheep
              46      Animals, War Horses
              47-49   Animals, Wolf
              50      Animals, Zehani Wolf
              51      Abnari
              52      Anari
              53      Argol
              54      Athach
              55      Cadue
              56      Demons, Disease
              57      Druga
              58      Edali
              59      Elefan
              60      Firbolg
              61      Fire Snake
              62-63   Great Ape
              64-65   Great Serpent
              66-67   Griffin
              68-69   Hippogriff
              70      Leon
              71      Lis
              72      Nakinal
              73      Orchi
              74      Tatzlwurm
              75      Tower Lord
              76      Ahuras, Vereghina
              77      Anakim (Mortal)
              78      Anakim (Immortal)
              79-80   Chimearas, Chimana
              81-82   Chimearas, Chimeara
              83-84   Demons, Storm
              85      Demons, Storm Dragons
              86      Dragons, Dragons
              87      Dragons, Elder
              88      Dragons, Lun
              89-90   Giants, Earth
              91-92   Giants, Fire
              93-94   Giants, Mountain
              95      Roc
              96      Seirim
              97-98   Vily, Mountain
              99      Vily, Aerial
              100     Wyvern

            Mountain Night Encounters

               Roll 1D2 1 - Chart A 2 - Chart B

               Chart A -

               Roll      Result
              01-07   Animals, Antelope
              08-14   Animals, Boar
              15-21   Animals, Cat
              22-28   Animals, Deer
              29-35   Animals, Hyena
              36-42   Animals, Leopard
              43-50   Animals, Lion
              51      Akhkharu, Vampire Bat
              52      Akhkharu, Vampire Worm
              53      Anari
              54      Athach
              55      Boabhan
              56      Besamar
              57      Blood Wolf
              58      Border Redcap
              59      Bugbear
              60      Bouba
              61      Demons, Disease
              62      Druga
              63-65   Dwarf
              66      Dzaliri
              67      Fata Sheen
              68      Fire Snake
              69-70   Gargoyle
              71      Gartula
              72-73   Goblin
              74-75   Great Ape
              76-77   Aatxe
              78      Anakim (Mortal)
              79      Anakim (Immortal)
              80-81   Chimearas, Chimeara
              82-84   Daoine Sidhe
              85-86   Demons, Fiery Spirit
              87-88   Demons, Iritxu
              89-90   Demons, Storm
              91-92   Demons, Storm Dragons
              93-94   Demons, Terrestial
              95      Devils
              96      Dragons, Dragons
              97      Dragons, Elder
              98      Dragons, Wyrm
              99-100  Giants, Earth

               Chart B -

               Roll      Result
              01-08   Animals, Pig
              09-16   Animals, Tiger
              17-24   Animals, Wild Cat
              25-32   Animals, Wild Dog
              33-41   Animals, Wolf
              42-50   Animals, Zehani Wolf
              51-52   Great Serpent
              53      Gwydi
              54      Gwyligi
              55      Hags
              56      Herensuge
              57      Hob
              58-59   Hobgoblin
              60      Lunafey
              61      Leon
              62      Lis
              63      Midge
              64      Mir
              65      Norggen
              66      Ogre
              67      Tonah
              68      Tower Lord
              69-70   Trolls, Rock Troll
              71-72   Trolls, Troll
              73      True Sidhe
              74-75   Vily, Mountain
              76-77   Giants, Fire
              78-79   Giants, Mountain
              80-81   Giants, Storm
              82      Labbrila
              83      Larshee
              84-85   Poltergeist
              86      Pseudothei
              87      Romati
              88-89   Searbhani
              90      Seirim
              91-92   Shadow Beast
              93-94   Shadow Hawk
              95-96   Shadow Warrior
              97-98   Spriggans
              99-100  Tatzlwurm

        M.  Plains Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 80

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-7              8-20        21-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-12            13-20        21-100

            Plains Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-03   Animals, Antelope
              04-05   Animals, Boar
              06-07   Animals, Bull (Cattle)
              08-09   Animals, Camel [Domestic, Draft]
              10-11   Animals, Camel [Domestic, War]
              12-13   Animals, Camel [Wild]
              14-15   Animals, Deer
              16-17   Animals, Donkey/Burro
              18-19   Animals, Draft Horse
              20-21   Animals, Eagle
              22-23   Animals, Falcon
              24-25   Animals, Goat
              25-28   Animals, Hawk
              29-30   Animals, Lion
              31-32   Animals, Mule
              33-34   Animals, Ox
              35-36   Animals, Riding Horse I (Steppe Pony)
              37-38   Animals, Riding Horse II (Mustang)
              39-40   Animals, War Horses
              41-42   Animals, Wild Cat
              43-44   Animals, Wild Dog
              45-47   Animals, Wolf
              48-50   Domestic Herd *
              51      Argol
              52      Blancara
              53-54   Dae'ta Koti
              55-56   Demons, Disease
              57      Elefan
              58      Firbolg
              59-60   Fire Lions
              61-63   Griffin
              64-66   Hippogriff
              67      Master
              68-69   Pegasus
              70-72   Te'sla
              73-74   Lis                                             X
              75      Omari
              76-80   Dragons, Wyrm
              81-85   Dragons, Dragon **
              86-90   Earth Eater
              91-95   Giants, Storm
              96-100  Vily, Aerial

            Plains Night Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-04   Animals, Antelope
              05-08   Animals, Boar
              09-12   Animals, Deer
              13-16   Animals, Hyena
              17-20   Animals, Leopard
              21-24   Animals, Lion
              25-28   Animals, Tiger
              29-32   Animals, Waste Lion
              33-36   Animals, Wild Cat
              37-40   Animals, Wild Dog
              41-46   Animals, Wolf
              47-50   Domestic Herd *
              51      Border Redcap
              52      Demons, Disease
              53      Demons, Imp
              54      Druga
              55      Dzaliri
              56      Faerry
              57      Fata Sheen
              58-59   Fire Lions
              60      Fusin
              61-62   Hob
              63      Lis
              64      Midge
              65      Omari
              66      Poltergeist
              67      Ogre
              68      Orchi
              69      Shadow Beast
              70-71   Shadow Fox
              72      Shadow Hawk
              73      Te'sla
              74      The Brown Man
              75      Zombie
              76      Dae'ta Koti
              77      Dalhan
              78      Demons, Iritxu
              79      Demons, Storm
              80      Demons, Storm Dragons
              81      Demons, Terrestial
              82      Dragons, Wyrm
              83      Devils
              84      Dirasa
              85      Div
              86      Giants, Earth
              87      Giants, Storm
              88      Haunier
              89      Herensuge
              90      Kumiho
              91      Larshee
              92      Lunafey
              93      Manticore
              94      Matapone
              95      Nar'morel
              96      Osnada
              97      Pseudothei
              98      Qutrub
              99      Rakshasha
              100     Vily, Aerial

              Note: *  A herd of domestic animals.  The Referee will
                       determine the type of creature and the number
                       present in the herd.
                    ** Dragons encountered this way are hunting.  No
                       Dragon can be encountered in its lair in the
                       plains.  The same does not apply for Wyrms.

        N.  Roadway Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 45

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-6              7-30        31-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-12            13-20        21-100

            These encounters occur on the road itself.

            Roadway Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-03   Animals, Cat
              04-06   Animals, Cow
              07-09   Animals, Deer
              09-11   Animals, Dog I (Domestic Dog)
              12-14   Animals, Dog II (Domestic Dog)
              15-17   Animals, Dog III (Domestic Dog)
              18-19   Animals, Donkey/Burro
              20-21   Animals, Draft Horse
              22-23   Animals, Eagle
              24-25   Animals, Falcon
              26-27   Animals, Hawk
              28-29   Animals, Mule
              30-31   Animals, Ox
              32-33   Animals, Pig
              34-36   Animals, Riding Horse I (Steppe Pony)
              37-39   Animals, Riding Horse II (Mustang)
              40-42   Animals, Riding Horse III
              43-44   Animals, Riding Horse IV
              45-46   Animals, Sheep
              47-48   Animals, War Horses
              49-50   Animals, Wolf
              51-58   Alal
              59-66   Anakim (Mortal)
              67-74   Druga
              75-81   Master
              82-88   Trazire
              89-96   Other Animals *
              97-100  Closest Terrain**

            Roadway Night Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-03   Animals, Cat
              04-07   Animals, Deer
              08-11   Animals, Dog I (Domestic Dog)
              12-15   Animals, Dog II (Domestic Dog)
              16-19   Animals, Dog III (Domestic Dog)
              20-22   Animals, Lion
              23-26   Animals, Riding Horse I (Steppe Pony)
              27-30   Animals, Riding Horse II (Mustang)
              31-33   Animals, Riding Horse III
              34-37   Animals, Riding Horse IV
              38-41   Animals, Wild Cat
              42-45   Animals, Wild Dog
              46-50   Animals, Wolf
              51-53   Demons, Disease
              54-57   Demons, Hellhound
              58-61   Demons, Imp
              62-64   Shadow Hawk
              65-68   Tonah
              69-71   Trazire
              72-75   Zombie
              76      Akhkharu, Vampire
              77      Alal
              78      Alu
              79      Anakim (Mortal)
              80-81   Demons, Iritxu
              82-84   Demons, Storm Dragons
              85-87   Demons, Terrestial
              88      Devils
              89-90   Dirasa
              91      Druga
              92      Kumiho
              93-94   Lunafey
              95      Pseudothei
              96      Qutrub
              97-100  Closest Terrain**

            Note: *  The encounter is with the diurnal resting place of
                     the creature. Thralls of the creature will be in the
                     area near the master. This can include wild animals
                     as well.
                  ** Reroll on the closet terrain to the roadway.

        O.  Ruins Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 33

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-7              8-15        16-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-15            16-20        21-100

            Encounters that occur in ruined population centers that are
            no longer inhabited by large concentrations of people.

            Ruins Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-04   Animals, Asp
              05-08   Animals, Cat
              09-12   Animals, Dog I (Domestic Dog)
              13-16   Animals, Dog II (Domestic Dog)
              17-20   Animals, Dog III (Domestic Dog)
              21-23   Animals, Donkey/Burro
              24-27   Animals, Draft Horse
              28-31   Animals, Goat
              32-34   Animals, Hyena
              35-38   Animals, Riding Horse I (Steppe Pony)
              39-42   Animals, Riding Horse II (Mustang)
              43-46   Animals, Riding Horse III
              47-48   Animals, Riding Horse IV
              49-50   Animals, Wolf
              51-54   Anari
              55-58   Daeta A'Miri
              59-62   Demons, Disease
              63-67   Great Ape
              68-71   Great Serpent
              72-75   Tower Lord
              76-78   Dragons, Dragons
              79-81   Dragons, Elder
              82-84   Dragons, Wyrm
              85-87   Firbolg
              88-90   Giants *
              91-95   Other Animals****
              96-100  Closest Terrain***

            Ruins Night Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-04   Animals, Asp
              05-08   Animals, Cat
              09-13   Animals, Dog I (Domestic Dog)
              14-17   Animals, Dog II (Domestic Dog)
              18-21   Animals, Dog III (Domestic Dog)
              22-25   Animals, Goat
              26-29   Animals, Hyena
              30-33   Animals, Riding Horse I (Steppe Pony)
              34-38   Animals, Riding Horse II (Mustang)
              39-42   Animals, Riding Horse III
              43-46   Animals, Riding Horse IV
              47-50   Animals, Wolf
              51-52   Border Redcap
              53-54   Daeta A'Miri
              55-57   Dead
              58-60   Demons, Disease
              61-62   Demons, Firehound
              63-64   Demons, Hellhound
              65-67   Great Ape
              68-70   Great Serpent
              71-72   Tower Lord
              72-75   Zombie
              76      Akhkharu, Lamia
              77      Akhkharu, Vampire
              78      Anari
              79      Charontes
              80      Dae'ta Koti
              81      Dalhan
              82      Daive
              83      Demons, Decay
              84      Demons, Herab Serapel
              85      Demons, Heliophobic
              86      Demons, Storm Dragons
              87      Demons, Terrestial
              88      Devils
              89      Dragons, Dragons
              90      Dragons, Elder
              91      Dragons, Wyrm
              92      Edimmu
              93      Ghost
              94      Gwyligi
              95      Nebora
              96      Osnada
              97      Poltergeist
              98      Qutrub
              99      Soul Daiva
              100     Closest Terrain***

            Note: *   The giant that is native to the surrounding terrain
                      is encountered.
                  **  The encounter is with the diurnal resting place of
                      the creature.  Thralls of the creature will be in
                      the area near the master. This can include wild
                      animals as well.
                  *** Reroll on the closet terrain to the ruins.

        P.  Sea Encounters

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-11            12-25        26-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-22            23-25        26-100

            Use Chart A for normal trade routes in the ocean or coastline.
            Use Chart B when thrown off course or lost.

            Sea Day Encounters

              Chart A

               Roll      Result
              01-02   Animals, Crab
              03-04   Animals, Eel
              05-07   Animals, Jellyfish
              08-10   Dolphins #
              11-17   Fish #
              18-20   Medium Whales
              21-22   Large Whales
              23-25   Orca
              26-28   Ocean Turtle
              29-30   Penquin ***
              31-33   Sea Birds #
              34-35   Seals #
              36-38   Shark
              39-40   Squid/Octopus
              41-42   Stingray
              43-44   Walrus ***
              45-47   Water Snakes
              48-50   Water Serpent
              51-54   Dolaura
              55-58   Elementals, Water
              59-62   Giants, Sea
              63-66   Giants, Storm
              67-71   Mer People, Merman
              72-75   Naga
              76-77   Bloodsucker
              78-80   Demons, Storm
              81-82   Demons, Storm Dragons
              83-84   Dragons, Dragons
              85-86   Dragons, Sea Dragon
              87-88   Garshon
              89-90   Kraken
              91-93   Nymph
              94-95   Other Elemental*
              96-97   Slyph
              98-99   Sea Dragon
              100     Wyrm

            Sea Night Encounters

              Chart A

               Roll      Result
              01-04   Animals, Crab
              05-08   Animals, Eel
              09-12   Animals, Jellyfish
              13-16   Dolphins #
              17-21   Fish #
              22-25   Medium Whales
              26-29   Large Whales
              30-33   Orca
              34-37   Seals #
              38-42   Shark
              43-46   Squid/Octopus
              47-50   Stingray
              51-52   Cuca
              53-54   Dolaura
              55-56   Garshon
              57-58   Lis
              59-62   Mer People, Merman
              63-66   Mer People, Mermaid
              67-68   Naga
              69-71   Other Elemental*
              72-75   Red Shark
              76-77   Demons, Iritxu
              78-79   Demons, Storm
              80-81   Demons, Storm Dragons
              82-83   Dragons, Dragons
              84-85   Dragons, Sea Dragon
              86-87   Elementals, Water
              88-89   Bloodsucker
              90-91   Ghost Ship
              92-93   Giants, Sea
              94-95   Giants, Storm
              96-97   Kraken
              98-99   Shachihoko
              100     Wyrm

            Sea Day Encounters

              Chart B

               Roll      Result
              01-02   Animals, Crab
              03-04   Animals, Eel
              05-06   Animals, Jellyfish
              07-08   Dolphins #
              09-11   Fish #
              12-13   Large Whales
              14-16   Large Fish
              17-18   Large Whales
              19-21   Medium Fish
              22-23   Medium Whales
              24-25   Monster Squid
              26-27   Orca
              28-29   Ocean Turtle
              30-31   Penquin ***
              32-33   Sea Birds #
              34-35   Seals #
              36-38   Shark
              39-40   Squid/Octopus
              41-42   Stingray
              43-44   Tiny Fish              27-30   Animals, Jellyfish
              45-46   Walrus ***
              47-48   Water Snakes
              49-50   Water Serpent
              51-52   Bloodsucker
              53-55   Dolaura
              56-57   Elementals, Water
              58-59   Giants, Sea
              60-61   Giants, Storm
              62-65   Ghost Fleet
              66-73   Mer People, Merman
              74-75   Naga
              76-77   Demons, Storm
              78-79   Demons, Storm Dragons
              80-81   Dragons, Dragons
              82-83   Dragons, Sea Dragon
              84-86   Garshon
              87-88   Kraken
              89-91   Nymph
              92-93   Other Elemental*
              94-95   Slyph
              96-97   Sea Dragon
              98-100  Wyrm

            Sea Night Encounters

              Chart B

               Roll      Result
              01-03   Animals, Crab
              04-07   Animals, Eel
          1   08-12   Animals, Jellyfish
              13-16   Dolphins #
              17-20   Fish #
              21-24   Medium Whales
              25-28   Large Whales
              29-32   Ocean Turtle
              33-36   Orca
              37-39   Seals #
              40-43   Shark
              44-47   Squid/Octopus
              48-50   Stingray
              51-52   Cuca
              53-55   Dolaura
              56-58   Garshon
              59-61   Lis
              62-64   Mer People, Merman
              65-67   Mer People, Mermaid
              68-69   Naga
              70-72   Other Elemental*
              73-75   Red Shark
              76      Demons, Iritxu
          1   77-78   Demons, Storm
              79      Demons, Storm Dragons
              80      Dragons, Dragons
              81      Dragons, Sea Dragon
              82      Elementals, Water
              83      Bloodsucker
              84      Elecran
              85-86   Ghost Ship
              87-88   Ghost Fleet
              89-90   Giants, Sea
              91-92   Giants, Storm
              93      Kraken (x2)**
              94      Shachihoko
              95      Small Kraken
              96      Wyrm
              97-98   Water Snakes
              99-100  Water Serpent

            Note: *    Any Water or Air Elemental in P&P
                  **   The Kraken is twice normal size. See
                       Kraken.
                  ***  Cold Climates, coastal areas only if not
                       re-roll
                  #    Can determine the size or roll randomly below
                       (Roll 1d10)
                          Roll  Size     Roll  Size
                          01-03 Tiny     07-08 Medium
                          04-06 Small    09-10 Large

        Q.  Swamp Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 63

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-12            13-20        21-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-20            21-25        26-100

            Swamp Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              00-05   Animals, Boar
              06-09   Animals, Crocodile
              10-14   Animals, Deer
              15-18   Animals, Eagle
              19-22   Animals, Falcon
              23-26   Animals, Hawk
              27-30   Animals, Leopard
              31-34   Animals, Mule
              35-38   Animals, Swamp Buffalo
              39-42   Animals, Wild Cat
              43-47   Animals, Wild Dog                   X
              48-50   Animals, Wolf
              51-53   Akhkharu, Vampire Worm
              54-56   Daeta A'Miri
              57-58   Demons, Disease
              59-61   Fire Snake
              62-63   Great Serpent
              64-65   Molani
              66-68   Peist
              69-71   Serpent Women
              72-75   White Otter
              76-77   Afanc
              78-79   Asaghi
              80-81   Asrai
              82-83   Athach
              84-85   Beithir
              86-87   Dae'ta Koti
              88-89   Dirailla-ta
              90-91   Dragons, Dragons
              92-93   Elementals, Water
              94-95   Firbolg
              96-97   Fire Lions
              98      Hydra
              99-100  Water Nymph

            Swamp Night Encounters

              Roll 1D2 1 - Chart A 2 - Chart B

              Chart A

               Roll      Result
              00-10   Animals, Crocodile
              11-20   Animals, Deer
              21-30   Animals, Hippopotamus
              31-40   Animals, Leopard
              41-50   Animals, Swamp Buffalo
              51-52   Bugbear
              53-54   Bush Warrior
              55-56   Cait Sith
              57-58   Cuca
              59      Cuca Queen
              60-61   Daeta A'Miri
              62-63   Dirasa
              64-65   Faerry
              66      Fata Sheen
              67-68   Fire Lions
              69-70   Fire Snake
              71      Fusin
              72-73   Goblin
              74-75   Great Serpent
              76-77   Afanc
              78-79   Asaghi
              80-81   Asrai
              82-83   Athach
              84-85   Barguest
              86-87   Boabhan
              88-89   Baobhan Sith
              90-91   Beithir
              92-93   Cu Sidhe
              94-95   Daoine Sidhe
              96-97   Dae'ta Koti
              98-99   Dirailla-ta
              100     Dragons, Dragons

              Chart B

               Roll      Result
              26-10   Animals, Tiger
              11-20   Animals, Waste Lion
              21-30   Animals, Wild Cat
              31-40   Animals, Wild Dog
              41-50   Animals, Wolf
              51-52   Hob
              53-54   Hobgoblin
              55-56   Lis
              57-58   Molani
              59-60   Peist
              61-62   Serpent Women
              63      Shadow Fox
              64      Shadow Hawk
              65-66   Sprite
              67      Tonah
              68-69   Trold Folk
              70-71   Trolls, Wood Troll
              72-73   Water Panther
              74-75   White Otter
              76-78   Elementals, Water
              79-80   Grundwergen
              81-82   Harboul
              83-84   Hydra
              85-86   Kumiho
              87-88   Manticore
              89-90   Midge
              91-92   Naga
              93-94   Nebora
              95-96   Shachihoko
              97-98   Simurgh
              98-100  Water Nymph

        R.  Tundra Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 39

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-10            11-20        21-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-20            21-25        26-100

            Tundra Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-06   Animals, Crab
              07-12   Animals, Auroch
              13-19   Animals, Polar Bear
              20-26   Animals, Wolf
              27-32   Penquin
              33-39   Sea Birds
              40-46   Seals
              47-50   Walrus
              51-55   Beithir
              56-60   Firbolg
              61-65   Giants, Frost
              66-70   Master
              71-75   Tower Lord
              76-79   Argol
              80-82   Dragons, Dragons
              83-85   Dragons, Lun
              86-88   Dragons, Snow
              89-100  Closest Terrain *

            Tundra Night Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-06   Animals, Polar Bear
              07-11   Animals, Waste Lion
              12-16   Animals, Wild Dog
              17-22   Animals, Wolf
              23-38   Animals, Zehani Wolf
              29-34   Penquin
              35-40   Sea Birds
              41-45   Seals
              46-50   Walrus
              51-54   Beithir
              55-56   Blood Wolf
              57-58   Charontes
              59-60   Dalhan
              61-63   Demons, Disease
              64-66   Lis
              67-70   Naga
              71-73   Tower Lord
              74-75   Trolls, Ice Troll
              76-77   Demons, Herab Serapel
              78-79   Demons, Iritxu
              80-81   Devils
              82-83   Dragons, Sea Dragon
              84-85   Dragons, Snow
              86-87   Giants, Frost
              88-89   Kumiho
              90-91   Osnada
              92-93   Pseudothei
              94-95   Tonah
              96-97   Water Panther
              98-100  Closest Terrain *

            Note: * Reroll on the closet terrain to the tundra.

        R.  Underground Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 111

            Creature          Human          None
              1-21            22-25        26-100

            There is no real Day or Night underground.

            Underground Encounters

              Roll 1D2 - 1 - Chart A  2 - Chart B

              Chart A

               Roll      Result
              00-10   Animals, Asp
              11-20   Animals, Bear
              21-30   Animals, Cliff Bear
              31-40   Animals, Crocodile
              41-50   Animals, Leopard
              51      Aatxe
              52      Akhkharu, Vampire Bat
              53      Akhkharu, Vampire Worm
              54      Anari
              55      Boabhan
              56      Baobhan Sith
              57      Bouba
              58      Bugbear
              59      Cadue
              60      Cait Sith
              61      Cuca
              62      Cuca Queen
              62      Cu Sidhe
              63      Daoine Sidhe
              64      Dead
              65      Demons, Firehound
              66      Demons, Hellhound
              67      Dirasa
              68      Dwarf
              69      Edali
              70      Fata Sheen
              71      Fire Lions
              72      Fusin
              73      Gargoyle
              74      Goblin
              75      Great Ape
              76      Ahuras, Vereghina
              77      Akhkharu, Immortal Akhkharu
              78      Akhkharu, Succubus
              79      Akhkharu, Vampire *
              80      Alu
              81      Anakim (Immortal)
              82      Charontes
              83      Dae'ta Koti
              84      Dark's Serpent
              85      Demons, Fiery Spirit
              86      Demons, Heliophobic
              87      Demons, Iritxu
              88      Demons, Subterranean
              89      Demons, Terrestial
              90      Demons, Tuchulcha
              91      Devils
              92      Dirailla-ta
              93      Dragons, Dragons
              94      Dragons, Elder
              95      Dragons, Lun
              96      Dragons, Sea Dragon
              97      Dzaliri
              98      Edimmu
              99      Elementals, Earth
              100     Elementals, Fire

              Chart A

               Roll      Result
              01-09   Animals, Tiger
              11-18   Animals, Waste Lion
              19-28   Animals, Wild Dog
              29-39   Animals, Wolf
              40-48   Animals, Zehani Wolf
              49      Great Serpent
              50      Great Spider
              51      Griffin
              52      Gwyligi
              53      Herensuge
              54      Hob
              55      Hobgoblin
              56      Mer People, Merman
              57      Mer People, Mermaid
              58      Midge
              59      Minotaur
              60      Ogre
              61      Serpent Women
              62      Shadow Worm
              63      Tonah
              64      Trolls, Eld Troll
              65      Trolls, Rock Troll
              66      Trolls, Troll
              67      True Sidhe
              68      Water Nymph
              69      Water Panther
              70      White Otter
              71      Zehani
              72      Zombie
              73      Ghost
              74      Giants, Earth
              75      Giants, Mountain
              76      Giants, Fire
              77      Gorgon
              78      Hydra  (in lair)
              79      Kejan'po
              80      Kiana'nir
              81      Lalassu
              82      Lammashta
              83      Larshee
              84      Leon
              85      Manticore
              86      Mushrussu
              87      Naga
              88      Nebora
              89      Norggen
              90      Poltergeist
              91      Qutrub
              92      Sentiel Beast iin lair)
              93      Shachihoko
              94      Shadow Warrior
              95      The Kiana'shan
              96      Vily, Forest
              97      Vily, Hill
              98      Vrykalakas
              99      Were-creatures
              100     Wyvern

            Note: * If the encounter takes place during the day then the
                    creature is in repose.  He will be guarded by human
                    thralls at this time.

        S.  Upper World Encounters

            Creature          Human          None
              1-15            None         16-100

              Day and Night do not really apply in the Upper World.
            When adventures in the Upper World occur, the Referee selects
            the encounter based on the metaphysical area the party is in,
            AND what, if anything, they have attracted through their
            actions In all cases, unless the Referee chooses to create
            special situations, only Supernatural forces of the alignment
            that controls the Region that the party is in will be
            encountered.
              The table below lists the creatures that can be encountered
            in the Region that are detailed on the map in section 2 (Book
            three).

            Upper World Encounters

            The Blessed Lands    - Lawful Spirits, Ahura, Edali
            The Soothing Realm   - Maskela
            Throne of Justice    - Amaliel, Ahura
            Throne of Light      - Kerubin, Ahura, Angels of Fury
            Realm of Lawful Fire - Hafaza, Mushrussu, Ahura, Dragons
            Realm of Judgement   - Hafaza, Amaliel, Angels of Fury
            Tower of Retribution - Ahura, Kerubin, Vereghina
            Celestial Thrones    - Ahura, Kerubin, Flaming Steed
            Realm of the Alfar   - Alfar, Fay Horse, A'mora, Anwora,
                                   Dzaliri, Larshee, other Sidh creatures
                                   & races
            Elder Fires          - Fire Elementals
            Peri Land            - Peri, Ifret, Jinn
            Shadow Lands         - Shadow Warriors, Kejani Ki, Kejan'po,
                                   Kiana'nir, Shadow Beast, Shadow Fox,
                                   Shadow Hawk, Shadow Worm, The Kiana'shan
            Balance Marches      - Merkabah, Zehani, Asaghi, Dragon,
                                   A''Equinn, Zehani Wolf, Asura, Cailoa,
                                   Seker, Sentinel Beast
            The Abyss            - Beasts of Chaos, Endukuggu, Nindukuggu
            Realm of Darkness    - Kekoni, Heliophobic Demons, Dark's
                                   Serpent, Alu, Lalassu
            Lands of Death       - Alal, Lammashia, Disease Demons,
                                   Harab Serapel, Charontes, Lammashta,
                                   Endukuggu/Nindukuggu
            Realm of the Dead    - Dead, Nergali, Ghosts, Decay Demons
            Lands of Woe         - Ghosts, Terrestial Demons
            Court of Lilith      - Immortal Akhkhara, Incubi, Succubi

            Realm of Dark Destruction   Alal, Helliophobic Demons,
                                   Firehound Demon, Flayers Demon
            Empire of Fury       - Storm Demons, Dragons, Storm Dragons,
                                   Elder Dragons, Dragon, Fentil Devil
            The Demon Plains     - Decay Demons, Demon Steed, Harab
                                   Serapel, Imp Demons, Iritxu Demon,
                                   Tuchulcha Demon, Devils
            Land of Souls        - Soul Daiva
            Land of the Evil Mind- Any Supernatural force of Chaos, Firbolg
            The Fiery Hells      - Hellhound, Fiery Spirit
            Tower of Silence     - Kekoni, Lalassu

        T.  Waterways Encounters
            Number of Creatures: 90

                               Day
            Creature          Human          None
              1-9             10-25        26-100

                               Night
            Creature          Human          None
              1-18            19-25        26-100

              Referee will roll a 1D10 after determining that there
            is an encounter.  If the roll is 1-5 then roll on the
            surrounding terrain.  On a 6-10 roll on the table below.

            Waterways Day Encounters

               Roll      Result
              01-05   Animals, Auroch
              06-11   Animals, Crocodile