[PnP] lethality index

Melkor mttdicor7 at inbox.com
Wed May 7 09:59:33 CEST 2014

Yesterday i started using this optional rule by Snider.
At times it seemed to me that my players
Suddenly became overpowered, because one if them already had DTV -4 and so his lethality index resulted -20.
What do you think?
Also, why Snider came up with this rule later but didn't implement it in the original boxed set?
My 2cents is that he realized that P&P is a pretty lethal game...so he thought to give players a chance.