[PnP] Magic users in P&P are as weak as AD&D magicians

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Sat May 3 02:05:58 CEST 2014

Yes.
But its not documented.  In my brain mostly.
Nothing in set stone sadly.
I balance based on the situation and person not in a global term.
Most folks will say "I have 120% on this spell I can't fail!"
Well in my world there is always a critical success and crit fail.
so even if that 120 is there can still fail badly.
This is sort of like the gods/fates playing around.
I take into gear, magic toys and other stuff in balance.
Pick up a Super Bad Ring of X then I'll balance it by a weakness or
enemy having worse gear or such.