[PnP] called shots

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Tue Jul 22 20:34:58 CEST 2014

Same answer, I never allowed it. My logic would be that the whittling
down of hit points prior to the blow that brings the HPV to 0 or below
would have been setting up of the opponent to open themselves to that
final blow. If they get used to attacks to their legs they will be
slower to defend their head. In P&P the "attack" is actually several
seconds worth of swings, blocks, thrusts, parries and feints. A "hit"
doing damage is actually doing the cumulative total of the damage from
those actions.

To do a fight ending 'aimed strike' without doing prior damage one would
either be using the executioner skill (with the opponent immobile) or
have the situational advantage such that a 'Fatal' blow is possible.
{Example: Being above and behind the opponent who is too preoccupied
with other opponents to his front and flanks to notice you coming up
behind him.] And if such a 'Fatal' blow is rolled...well hurrah. If not,
well it is likely to have done a lot of damage anyway.

         Alex K