[PnP] How do you balance encounters?

TNT tanghet at skynet.be
Mon Apr 21 08:55:35 CEST 2014

My 2 CP,

As far as i'm concerned i use another formula for the CDF:

MEL/2 + CEL/5 + HPV/10 + CL
+1 per advantagous ability (combat ability, magic items,  resistance,
immunity etc)
-1 per disadvantagous ability (low morale, afflictions, prohibition etc)

Doing the same with player's caracters you can compute the encounter ratio.
Above 2-1, the combat will be one sided

TNT