[PnP] Strange Powers: Automata

Julian Draven juliandraven at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 21:24:04 CEST 2013

I've got a player who wants to take the Automata spell and has asked me some questions that I didn't find rules for, so I'm seeking advice from you folks.

The Automata spell doesn't mention any limits on the size/weight/volume of an object that can be animated.  I'd guess there should be some limit based on the EL of the spell.  Thoughts on what a good limit might be?

The spell example talks about a stone golem.  Stone is pretty darn heavy.  The EL of the spell used in the example is EL5. So the rules seem to imply that you can create a stone golem with EL5.  What's that really mean, though?  A 5 foot tall humanoid stone statue?  50 cubic feet of stone?

Help!

Thanks.