No subject

Tue Jan 8 10:09:52 CET 2013

body weight.  This puts the P&P mule (hauling 180+50 = 230) at 766# -- call
it 750# -- which is within the range of old-world mules. rounding down for
simplicity and toughness, Mules require 7FP, not the stingy 3FP.

Also, donkeys and burros are about 250-450# in size. Giving burreos the low
end (300# and donkeys the higher end (400#) we have the above food points.
However, carry capacities must be revised from the book in light of this --
70 (20) for burros and 100 (20) for donkeys.  This upps their food to 3FP,
but their carry capacity must therefore be reduced to 90#

Draft Horse                     10FP
Ox                              12FP

Oxen are a semi-working (as opposed to sit in the fields and get fat for
eating) breed, and other scrounging on cattle sites indicates that
semi-working breeds 1FP per 150# of weight.

Llama                           4FP

Llama added for moutainous regions. Carries 100 lbs.

Elephant                        120FP

My notes on carry capacity (500(100) was my guess) don't seem correct in
light of this new data.  Will have to check that for my equipment list
(which is nicely updated this morning. :)

Falcon Chick            1/4 FP
Falcon                  1FP
Hawk                            2FP
Eagle                           3FP
War Eagle                       3FP

Mighty hungry eagles.  Right from book 1.

Cow                             5FP
Calf                            2FP
Goat                            None    (1FP if forage is not available)
Sheep                           1FP
Lamb                            1/2FP

Chicken                 None    (1/2 FP if forage is not available)
Goose                           None    (1-1/2 FP if forage is not
available)

Cat                             1FP
Small Bird                      1/4 FP

In light of other FP, 1/2 for a freakin' chickadee was too much.  reduced to
1/4.

Parrot                  1/2 FP
Speaking Parrot         1/2 FP
Monkey                  1FP
Ferret                  1/2 FP

FP Summary:
   Working herbivores:      1FP per 100#
   semi-working herbivores: 1FP per 150#
   non-working herbivores:  1FP per 200#

   Active carnivores:       1FP per 75#  (meat only)
   Normal carnivores:       1FP per 100#  (meat only)

   Omnivores same as carnivores, but may be fed fruits and grain as well)

Updated Equipment document available for the asking. Feel free to rob it for
ideas and gear.
       -- Burton
Burton Choinski
Principle Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-322-2135
fax  : 978-452-5764

MatrixOne, Inc.
Two Executive Drive
Chelmsford, Ma 01824
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce