[PnP] P&P Files

Matijs van Zuijlen mvz at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 9 10:34:47 CET 2012

Hi,

On 02/08/2012 11:49 PM, Scott Adams wrote:

>    * I have these two files
>      PPREGL~1 PDF     2,939,671  01-17-08  8:15p ppRegles1Personnage.pdf
>      PPREGL~2 PDF     2,939,671  01-17-08  8:16p ppRegles1Personnage1.pdf
>
>      Not sure where they came from or who made them.  I can't read them
>      via acrobat.  Maybe when I load them into AAv9 I might be able to
>      on other computer.  Old computer has older acrobat.  But who made
>      these and what are they about so I can catalog them?

First of all, from the file size it seems these two files are identical. Second,
I found in my email archive that these were created by Thierry Tanghe, a French
player. It is basically a translation and adaptation of the P&P rules (V1 I
suppose) into French. It is accompanied by the following text:

   Here is the first book, PDF version (2.8 MB).
   It contains the rules to create a character divided into the following 4
   chapters :
   1. profile : hair, place of birth, special marks, family, special tables
     and so on.
   2. caracteristic : like in the old PP system but very much expanded
   3. skills : like before but with twice as much skills and tables of use
     associated
   4. other : wealth, equipment table of thousand entries, creature knowledge,
     background generation etc.
   In addition you'll find weapons and armor table along with many other things
   as the characters sheets (5 pages) and all skill rules.

The present file is the Character Book ('Personnage'). There was supposed to be
a combat book too, but it seems that never got sent to the list.

I have no problems opening this file, by the way.

--
Matijs