[PnP] pnp Digest, Vol 94, Issue 12

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Sun Dec 30 04:06:17 CET 2012

At 11:19 AM 12/29/2012, you wrote:
>Yes, it's PnP, but not in the PnP world. Also, I think he still uses
>the original rules set, not v2.  However, he creates a very
>interesting scenario and his battle scene descriptions are top
>notch.  They are just like in some of the fantasy books...very
>addictive reading.
Yep.  Its nice to do good scenes when you have time.  With running my
own firm and such not as free as use dto be when I did pbem ssay a
decade ago.  But after 30 years of them I've had my merits.  The best
scenes are those with 2 or 3 people only cause after that diong
something with 50 on a map you lose the grace of details for
speed.  I mean it cna tame me 3-4 hours just for one phase with a
group like that so if I do 2 phases its a long piece of work so you
suffer the great wordplay for speed.  But I do recall when I was in
college nad had 18 hours a day doing pbems so do recall those
days.  The good od days.  THe hardest challenge was doing a SFB
campaign with over 500 ships on the map.

>He has a yahoo group that the game is played in...called
>daijuupdate.  You can go thu some of the examples there...heck, one
>battle scene with Jace and Mardonius fighting spiders was awesome.
ahh...groups..shiver...some bad....instances with them. Having to log
into them and read rathe rthan havn he updates coming via a list is
so much harder for lazy folks like me. :) Plus with Yahoo I've lost
so many passwords and logins over the years it was hard to get those
groups.  But I'll try.  I do like yahoo for their TV schedules but
that's about it.  I guess I'll have to sit and do yet a 20th or 30th
login for the site. :)