[PnP] Magic Questions

Thomas O. Magann Jr. tmagann at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 29 00:37:49 CEST 2011

>I've been reading the Magic section and I found a couple of questions with character creation of a magic-user.
>
>1. Can Expertise Points from 1.14 of Book One be spent on any aspect of Magic other than apprenticeship?

no.

>2. When purchasing beginning spells at character creation, do you use the costs listed in 7.3 and 7.4 of Book Two?

yes, but the costs are modified by orientation of the apprentice and the spell. Sectin 8.4 covers this.

>3. Is the character considered to be instructed during the apprenticeship spell selection?

Well, ultimately that's the GM's call, but apprenticeship pretty much requires a Master/Teacher. Worst case, a stingy DM might say that all ELs over 0 for some orientations of spell might be experience only.

>4. When buying a spell family (eg. Fire Powers) does the EL of each spell in the family have to be increased separately?

Oh yes. 7.45