[PnP] Sans Perilous Lands: PnP in the Trollkinian lands

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Sun Feb 27 15:16:25 CET 2011

At 05:57 AM 2/27/11, you wrote:
>--- On Sat, 2/26/11, Scott Adams <longshotgm at netzero.com> wrote: > >Sounds like you doing it classic DnD style;where you > explore the seting geographicly. I perfer Dark∙Sun > style; where instead of exploreing the worlrld of Athas > geographicaly you explore the passing of time. Warning: I > have a complete and utter lack of tact. Dr. Panthera Tigris > Altaica --- On Thu, 2/24/11, Scott Adams > > Actually no.  Let's assume you spend 3 months real > time on each land exploring.  That's 4 per year.  > It would still take 20 years.  --- On Thu, 2/24/11, Scott Adams <longshotgm at netzero.com> wrote: > >P&P box set contained "Book V - County > Mordara"  which was my only source of knowledge about > the Perilous Lands before I found Wout Broere's site. > > I've always run/played in the PL.  Back in '84 or so > when I found the original box I came across PL almost > immediately after ins ome dealer shop at a Con (both found > at a con).  But maybe PL was a year or two later.  > So for 25 odd years run PL.  We did teh county M. thing > twice only.  I tend to never run the same thing twice > but I ran it once and another person run his version. You could easily spend a year real time with only adventurers loitering around the word described in Book 5. No need to do home brew campaign setting. You can use book 5 a the hamburger-help(TM) and adventure modules as beef. You can even buy per-grouned beef(campaign setting generic modules) Warning: I have a complete and utter lack of tact. Dr. Panthera Tigris Altaica       ____

Yes.  But I tend to do original adventures (though stories are never original as shakespere says).  In fact I've not touched a module in a decade for a story idea.  Ii tended to love the info like toys, vehicles or monsters in the modules than the story.

AS the other one said then theres the East/Western lands.....

Nice thing is PL has the info to work with.  Even just a line of text like a nation being afraid of clowns could give enough info to a seasoned GM to work out a full campaign on.  So its not just what is in the book but how well you use it to expand your universe.  But it does take experience..