[PnP] MAp Project

Burton Choinski bchoinski at comcast.net
Sat Dec 3 22:05:10 CET 2011

Gah, no I have been busy with normal life, my games, and work.

I did try to start processing it in, but it was so manually intensive it was not feasible with any sort of reasonable timescale.

In a perfect world, we could get ahold of the original map masters since they were likely in some sort of CAD/CAM form.  However, we don't got that.

We have Macs here at my house, and I don;t have any sort of CAD program.  Canvas, which I have used for older maps, is no longer supported and not feasible to store an entire continent, if I were to try and do such a task.  It's fine for the smaller scale maps I have done.  Campaign Cartographer is windows only, and none of the other mac mapping tools seem up to the task.

It would be nice to get the world into a single file format that the list could update, making the perilous lands map a little less static (as well as adding in details).   We need software that allows us to zoom in at will for greater detail, without scaling up lines like a simple pixel image.  Not sure what we have out there that can do this.