[PnP] Online Character Creator

Scott Adams longshot at cybermax.net
Fri Apr 2 23:31:50 CEST 2010

At 12:02 PM 3/29/10, you wrote:
>I have started working an on-line character creator.  It's not nearly finished yet but I thought I would offer it up to see if there would be interest in using it.  You can view it at http://maccrafters.com/powers.  Quite a bit of it works but it's not complete.  I'm going to move the skills section to appear after clicking on Save & Continue.  So, please take a look and let me know what you think of the layout and if you would find it useful.  The idea is to have a complete maintenance system where you can create a character and maintain it , printing up a fresh character sheet every time you play.
>
>Thanks!
>Floyd

Interesting site/page.  Looks like good work.  I assume this is v2 stuff but didn't notice things like halfbreeds or such?  Folks complain about pnp being complex but it is a great system to program for actually since its that detailed.  Most generic systems are harder to program due to gaps in the logic.  When I made my character generator years ago it was pretty easy.  Of course i had to develop a new code segment for the skills and such.  But it worked great.  Course it was v1 and I've not had time to go back and redo it since then.  Too dang busy.

Unfortunately the browser doens't like the page all that great.  In netscape 7.2 it loads up but doesn't show all the data objects and fields like oh say the stats. :) I load up older netscape and it does  show it all but the colors are hard to see so hard to use.  One reason I keep the old netscape around for pages like this.

Tried IE and it does same as newer NS for some reason.  But I rarely use IE so never upgraded teh browswer just NS.

I will have to tweak the java and security settings I guess to get it going in the newer NS before cna go thorugh the whole process.

 From what I did gleam from old NS looks like a good job.