[PnP] Elemental Arts...

Burton Choinski bchoinski at comcast.net
Tue Sep 29 03:25:49 CEST 2009

In the game I am doing right now the players have managed to get the
"signature" of a gnome of some measure, after helping an Air
elemental.  When they summon for him they use their "key", and still
roll against his MDV (he may be "busy").  If they do otherwise, it's
just some mook elemental summoned for a short-term spell task.

Since they have the contact, they can parlay with the gnome and have
contracted out earth elemental help for their new kingdom in the Elder
mountains.  Granted, I think I have to review the "price" in goods the
Gnome have been charging them (it's working out that the gnomes are
like union bosses so far in my game -- I'll have to see about finding
a different "flavor" for the other top elementals), but once they
summon their contact, they do influence type rolls to make their deals
for longer term contracts and numbers.

As an example for the last game, they contracted previously with the
Gnome (who I have to name and stat out) and managed to get 1 month
contract out, with 100 elementals.  The task was to turn over the
hills (uprooting trees and upping rocks, at 2 acres per elemental per
day) for their new land in the western elder mountains.  Later on,
they contacted again and contracted out some elemental tunneling for
their land, and eventually worked up to a big tunneling contract.
Over all, they spent nearly 4,000GP in "goods" as bribes/sacrifices to
the gnome for his minions work.

Now, I was woking based on something like 2SC per elemental/day in
goods as the basic rate, and I may well have been too cheap...when I
review my prices it may get real expensive in the future.

In terms of the pact, The wizard of the group did the first summoning,
and all influence rolls for haggling the deal had to go through him,
since he was the one who did the summons, despite the elf in the group
having the better influence and haggling skill.  Later on they had the
elf do the pact, so he could do the deals, but obviously that cuts the
wizard out on any skill gain there.