[PnP] Tower of the Dead Party Makeup

Scott Adams longshot at cybermax.net
Sat Oct 3 05:40:16 CEST 2009

At 10:09 AM 10/2/09, you wrote:
>I am hopefully going to be running a couple of friends through the
>Tower of the Dead.  There will be at least four characters. It's been
>nearly 15 years since I played Powers & Perils last (way too long!).
>So, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what would be a
>good mix of characters for the adventure.  I will be making up the
>characters in advance.
>
>Thanks!
>Floyd

This is at the convention right? I can't recall if it was you or someone else.
It has been 25 odd years since I looked at the Tower stuff.  I only run one adventure and never repeat so been awhile.  Never the same material over again.  Had to look at the doc file I have on it to recall some things..

Four characters eh?  I would do 2 magic users and 2 brick/warriors.
Maybe something like Wizard/Healer for the combat spells and to tackle the big guy.  Druid/Priest/Bard for secondary stuff.  Druids can deal with some things good and priests can definitely handle the dead well.
Need at least one mega warrior for simple combat.
Need likely a goo archer/warrior.  Maybe even a Elf or Faerry.

Dwarf warrior, Elf/Faerry Archer/Warrior, Human Druid/Priest, Human Wizard/Healer.

If can do more I'd back it up with warriors.

Assumes if a mixed group otherwise all humans.