[PnP] And another thing...about perm magic item creation

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Sat May 9 06:28:34 CEST 2009

At 11:47 AM 5/8/09, you wrote:

>I start with a premise that it's way too easy to create magic items, and then characters start to look like christmas trees with magic ornaments hanging all over themselves.
>

>So...maybe the Magic User making Permanent Magic items need to pay more for them somehow
something like the mana cost used to form the Perm Magic spell is temporarily deducted from the Mage’s Casting Ability.  The mage could recover the lost CA using the same rules as recovering Energy Level  In other words, it takes something out of the wizard (it takes a lot out of him) and keeps him from just becoming a magic item creation machine, and is slower than just recovering mana.