[PnP] Increasing Spell EL's

Wout Broere broere at powersandperils.org
Thu Mar 12 22:24:53 CET 2009

This does not take into account that most high BMC spells will be cast
against MDV and will gain MDV x2 expt instead of BMC x2.

Against a low MDV the gain is less than BMC x2, but the risk is also
lower. Against high MDV, the risk of failure/abysmal is also higher.

I do remember we created charts (20 years ago) for the gain per casting,
and the average gain taking the success chance per MEL/MDV/Effective EL
combination into  account.

Now I don't think I have copies of the charts any more, but if Dave has
too much time on his hands ...