[PnP] Question about mana use

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Sat Feb 14 02:16:43 CET 2009

1.3261) Mana Level equals (I+W+Em)/10 RU Often around 6 or so... Z'leyra
has a mana level a great deal higher but OFTEN exceeds that amount in
mana spent in one day even before she uses extra-somatic aid. Her EnL
(C+W) is much higher than her mana level and it is her EnL that is the
limiting factor in how much mana she can cast in one day.

So my answer to your question is: Yes, spell casters can cast more than
their maximum calculated mana level. It is their EnL (and extra-somatic
aids) that are the limiting factors...along with having the mana to cast
with of course.

*"Energy Level *

The Energy Level (*EnL*) of a Character equals *C*+*W*. It has the
following effects:

A) Without extra-somatic aid, i.e. a wand, magic ring, etc., the usable
Casting Ability of a magic-user equals his Current EnL.

EXAMPLE* *— A *MEL*14 Wizard has Casting Ability of 139 and EnL of 72.
He may not cast more than 72 Mana Points in one day without
extra-somatic aid."

Beginning casting ability is normally calculated at the lesser of either
EnL or MELxML.

Question...if the mage has a wand or such that has mana storage, can he
cast more than his MAXIMUM calculated Mana Level?

It doesn't really say, but it doesn't really say no.

Danke!

DAS