[PnP] PMR And MP Usage In Combat

Phineas Cromwell phineascromwell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 08:59:15 CET 2008

I was wondering if anyone makes use of PMR in combat in the context of
'maneuvering', not just linear or semi-linear movement, but maneuvering in
the sense of specific 'close-quarters' motion and weapon use. The rules seem
to touch on this when speaking of MP costs to use/'let-fly' certain
bows/thrown weapons. I know it is probably not everyones cup of tea, but I
have tinkered with ideas of producing a more-or-less comprehesive list of
combat activity assigned with MP costs, tied in with enhanced initiative
determination methods, and a character's number of actions per Phase. I
would be interested in hearing peoples views on this. Has anyone ever run
into disputes about how much or how little a character or creature can do in
a Phase, on any detailed level? I know this gets into a touchy area of
adding questionable complexity, but I was interested in hearing any player
experience on this issue, and any opinions on this kind of system.