[PnP] Elf Shot questions

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Wed May 7 08:43:56 CEST 2008

Was just a comparison, paralytic poison is effectively the same as ElfShot
So the mechanics should be similar?
They match quite well, showing a spell check is not out of bounds as its
the same as the poison Bl check for the most part.
Only difference is MDV tends to reach higher than poison resistance in
most cases making poisons a bit better.
Though on some nasty monsters you may see high poison resist levels and
low MDV?

So it shows game mechanic wise that your Mod may be fair and perhaps it
was too powerful without it ;(

I guess I will see in game, though I suspect the El I plan to use may
prove your point.
Elf shot that can drop giants maybe dragons?
Yes without the MDV used it can drop an average elder dragon on average
damage 50% of the time at range 9
With MDV net is 18%
Actually I should not assume average damage, so chance does drop lower
to 25%/9% not so good now.