[PnP] Damage

Franklin Robertson fbrobertson at charter.net
Wed Jun 18 05:05:50 CEST 2008

I dont know if any of you have ever read the series, Gor, by John Norman,
but it just seems to me that the flavor found in P&P can be found in this
series.  The sense of a more complicated adventure (than the mere "let's go
to the castle to destroy badguy") than what you find often times in both
fantasy novels and fantasy rpgs.  While there is no magic in the Gor series,
the intelligence factor that I like so well in the series seems to me, at
least me at any rate, one of the reasons why I like the adventures and the
concepts (rules, character creation, et cetera) in P&P.  Probably one of the
reasons why while games and books seem to come and go, for indeed I am a
collector, I will never seek to sell any of the P&P box sets I have nor will
I ever sell the Gor novels.  I'd hate to give up the intelligence that they
offer.  Just a simple observation, sorry to intrude.

Franklin