[PnP] Goidan, Clima, Donara, Southern Lands

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Jan 8 22:00:06 CET 2008

At 04:34 PM 1/7/08, you wrote:
>When I was looking at stuff for speed I found countless references to
>a ship's maximum theoretical speed based on length, and subsequently
>found more detailed formulas that allowed me to derive a formula with
>displacement built in.
>
>Now granted, this formula is for modern boats, so I what I have may be
>too fast...what I may have to do is re-calibrate on the "bireme
>standard", then use the calculations for the speeds.
>I'll play around a bit more with my Shipwright sheet, ass some usage
>comments and send it out later on.
Don't forget my shipmove.txt file.  I did it June '06 but it should still be good to go. The Earth Based facts section is facts based on historical data and the 2 books I read (yeah read books ).

Based on those facts is where I got my idea for the movement.
Hope it helps.  Those facts are nacient based not modern.
With modern "solid" hulls not stuff like wood that can break and tear and damaged the modern formula might be off for ancient ships.  Modern hulls are all "solid" so little to worry about in that regard.

But good luck.