[PnP] Navigation Woes

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Sun Feb 10 05:53:39 CET 2008

>The big question (probably to Richard) is how the realm of the seas is
>in the world...is it more like the classical greek/roman age of
>triremes (galleys and rowers), or more like early age of sail (dark
>ages, before gunpowder -- more sailing ships with marines than large
>rowing crews).

I see it as individual nations.  Formoia might have a very advanced navy
along with Donara, Clima and some others but others like the A'korchu colonires in the swamps might have only swamp flat boats or rowboats.  Knowledge is power and money helps.  But I see it as primitive as barges and rowboats for some to full triremes, warships up to ballista, rams and possible pnp tech (magic, etc.) tech.

For earth might be Egypt river tech to Greek level but not anything as advanced as 1700s galley tech.