[PnP] Yahoo groups

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Sat Sep 22 04:29:36 CEST 2007

At 08:33 PM 9/21/07, you wrote:
>Why is this group using this clunky system?  Why not use a Yahoo Group for it?  They can be set up such that spam is kept to a minimum and then there's someplace to put the files too...and they pay for it.

Been there.  Done that.  Didn't really like the yahoo groups for many reasons.  Have to tend to go there nad do setups and this and that.
But a simple mailing list it all comes to you wherever you are without needing a browser and such.  Less hassle.  If one wanted to do files that's what a website is for :) Spam has only gotten on this list maybe once in teh last 2 years.  For the groups though I've been in its far higher :)
Just too many quirks on yahoo. My 2 BB.